It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Cops All Out of Ammo

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

All this means really is that for some departments short on supply, they'll have to scale back target practice for a couple of months. Well over 99.9% of rounds fired by police are fired through paper targets at the range.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Wasn't hungry during lunch today, so I stopped by a Pawn Shop during my lunch break and looked around,. This was one of those pawn shops that sell both new and used guns. The guy at the gun counter was one of my customers so he let me handle a few of the handguns and he wasn't that busy so we chatted during my lunch hour. I'm actually in the market for both a new handgun and a deer rifle. I asked how was his business and he said it has been better than ever. He said one day last month, he sold every magazine, every round, and 14 ARs. As a matter of fact, they had a couple of days in December where they sold more guns on that particular day than they sold the entire month of December 2011.

I also noticed prices on every decent firearm are way up even for used ones. A box of 20 .223 rounds is running $14 and you can only buy 2 at a time if they have it.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I have been to all the stores where i live looking for 9mm HP and all that there is on the shelves is 9mm FMJ.

I am at the point of reloading to get hollow points
edit on 11-1-2013 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Well if anyone is still following this thread I wanted to report back in. I had firearms training yesterday and we did indeed shoot less than we normally do. Without even asking one of the firearm instructors told the entire group that we were low on .223 ammo and were having problems ordering more.

I think it's great that citizen's are stocking up!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
What part of "Be Prepared" don't these police departments understand. There is no reason they should be low on ammo. They could buy and rotate their ammo in a pantry type system. I shoot my old ammo before shooting my new stuff most times but often use one shell out of the box to see how it works. I remember buying Holiday shotgun shells and they made a lot of noise as the bbs rolled out of the barrel and landed five feet away. I still have a couple of those shells I kept for nostalgia.

The police forces should have first dibs on the ammo. The ammo they get should be of superior quality also, I would hate to have to call the police to the house and have their guns not work because of faulty ammo.
edit on 29-1-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Well...guess I am safe from the door kickers when they come....Sandy Springs is my playground. Yay for Georgians stocking up on ammo! While the SSPD is a great PD, I would much rather I have the ammo and let them handle the real criminals with their training and if they can find ammo then more power to them.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

It's hard to be prepared when our budgets are being massively slashed, DHS buying mass quantities for themselves, and the public panic buying.

That's fine by me though. Because I have mine and if the SHTF I sure and the hell ain't going to work.
edit on 31-1-2013 by TorqueyThePig because: added

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join