It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hospital Ghost

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Here is a photo taken by a friend of my wife who works at a hospital as a nurse. The image has not been altered to my knowledge other then sent by phone, email and then uploaded.
Look at the area of the mirror's reflection.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I honestly didnt see it at first, then I read the text to see where it was and my heart skipped a beat!

I don't know if it's real or not but if so, nice find

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by starshift

I believe this is either photo shopped or its an iphone app. the apparition in the mirror is where the black chair should be as the edge of the bed is in the mirror. So I would say an image swap.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
looks like photo shop, look at the hand where the reflection of the sinks faucet is, it overlaps it...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

We always felt ghosts on my floor at work, but never have I seen a pic like this! Hopefully its real....

Edit: after looking closer, I agree....fake

edit on 8-1-2013 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Look at the bottom left corner of the mirror. There is a corner of a box showing in the mirror that isn't there in front of the mirror. Some kind of Photoshop fakery.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Forgive me, but this looks just completely faked...And not even a decently done fake. It wreaks of the ghost app or photo shop at the very least....

The fact that it is taken/sent by phone also points to that bogus ghost app....

Don't get me wrong, I am a firm believer in ghosts...But... Well... This is pretty obviously faked, in my humble opinion.

edit on 8-1-2013 by DirtyLiberalHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

sent by phone, email and then uploaded

I just repeated this process with this pic I took on my phone of my son about a year ago. I would say, let logic guide you with this one OP

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Yeah, when I see ghost with colths on I just don't believe its the real deal. How do cloths pass on? Next!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

I believe what you are referring to is just the outer corner edge of the rectangular table that is at the foot of the bed.

Not saying I believe the picture is authentic, just trying to point out what that object is in the mirror.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I've been a ghost in a hospital. That much is true. This photo? Seems fake to me.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Here is a better look at the reflection. This is the only image I have altered just for enhancement.
I appreciate the feedback but from what I know of the person who provided the pic, it's how she took it. Yes, it could be photoshop and if someone can detect this with an application, I am interested in their findings.
The thing in the lower left of the mirror is a reflection of the table top.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The thing that gets me about most "ghost photos", is the reason behind taking the photograph that they appear in.

In this specific case, why would someone be taking a picture pointed at the mirror in a seemingly empty hospital room?

For me, when the motive behind taking the picture in the first place is called into question, then any anomalies appearing in the picture are suspect.

edit on 8-1-2013 by csuldm because: info added

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I just have one question.. Why would your wifes friend take a picture of a mirror in a hospital room at that angle?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Photoshop is the hard way per se when there are a number of apps that allow one to "implant" a "ghostly" looking overlay onto a picture.

Here's a good example of a tutorial for the Photoshop Way...

...and here is a Google search of the many different ghost image apps available that allow one to do this with little to no technical know how.

Logically, one would have to completely rule out the latter two scenarios before exploring the paranormal side of things imho.

For me, the sepia tone (which is a commonality with a number of the images in the ghost apps) leads me to believe this particular photo is a ruse.
edit on 1/8/2013 by UberL33t because: tags

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I can't say why this person took the photo. It was about a year ago that I received it.

I do understand that there are apps that allow the overlay of an image onto a pic but I do feel this image is odd in that it's not overlapping the frame of the mirror. That would require an image mask which I think would be detectible for an experienced user of PS.

I've got no horse in this race other than sharing the pic and having a conversation about it.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
While this would be awesome if it were real, I have to call fake. It just screams fake to me. The apparition is too clear for starters. I've NEVER once seen one that clear before so I honestly think fake.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I've got no horse in this race other than sharing the pic and having a conversation about it.

I should have said first and pardon me for not doing so initially but, thank you for posting it. These photos are always (for me) a great topic for discussion. From images that are just plain ole' pareidolia, to ones that are layered extremely well in Photoshop or the like, to the one's that are truly inexplicable.

I for one am not characterizing you, and I don't think anyone has yet. If they do, well, you've already established your stance in this case so I would say no worries.

edit on 1/8/2013 by UberL33t because: typos

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by starshift
I can't say why this person took the photo. It was about a year ago that I received it.

I do understand that there are apps that allow the overlay of an image onto a pic but I do feel this image is odd in that it's not overlapping the frame of the mirror. That would require an image mask which I think would be detectible for an experienced user of PS.

That is ridiculously easy to do in Photoshop. This is faked (and poorly at that).

"A" shows where the person did a poor job of editing out the "ghost's" elbow/upper arm when they layered it, and "B" shows what appears to be an errant brush stroke they made (perhaps without noticing). Compare the crop I've done here and the highlighted areas with the original and you should see what I mean.

I should add that I 100% believe in ghosts (having experienced paranormal activity myself), but this picture screams fake to me.
edit on 8-1-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Can there ever be a real ghost photo now that's commonly accepted? Apparantly not, because even if the ghosts were real and dancing on gravestones in a cemetery, most of the people would say "Photoshop". With the apps available now, the ghosts are free to come and go at will, with no chance of being discovered. It's certainly a liberating era for ghostkind.

<<   2  3 >>

join