It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Richard Hoagland serve jail time in Los Angeles?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This startling allegation was made by someone in a position to know -- the original publisher of Hoagland's book The Monuments of Mars.The publisher is Richard Grossinger of North Atlantic Books, and the allegation is contained in an online catalog written almost two years ago.

Here's the key passage:
Here is another little secret about Monuments: the only way the damn thing ever got written was that Hoagland went to prison for one of his inexplicable and weird scams (ostensibly something about a stolen rental car and New York Planetarium credit card)—whether it really happend or not as reported, whether it was really a scam or not, and whether he was really guilty or sentenced fairly or not (the answer to the latter is definitely “not,” as he had an attorney involved in his own weird paranoid cosmic conspiracy theories, including Hoagland).  In the end he was incarcerated over a New York State warrant that he chose to flee (to the Golden State) rather than defend in situ; he was apprehended in Berkeley when stopped for having a cardboard rear license plate; refused to plea-bargain; and so got housed in L.A. County jail for over a year.  Admittedly my version of the story is cobbled out of hearsay from a variety of semi-reliable sources, but it roughly tracks some event that actually happened.  He was in jail; that’s where I addressed my mail to him regarding the book; and he did write much of the book there.

Anyone know if this is true?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Check public records. If he was in prison it will show up.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Asertus

Meh.....who knows? Lot's of people have arrests for minor infractions of the law in their pasts, so what's the big deal? Even I spent a very short stay in a county jail in the early 90s over a stupid ticket that had been long forgotten. If the man used his time served wisely and did some writing during his incarceration then more power to him. I must note that I don't know much about the man myself, but if he served a little time for something minor it's nothing that millions of others haven't done.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
That cray cray.

Dude has been in New Mexico since that was the place to be hip at.

Dick has been crazy, but not that crazy.

So homey, if true. Did some ratchet poo.

We all do ratchet stuff.

Don't act like you never did anything crazy.

We all do that.

I used to rob car washes at one time.

Now in a respectable citizen in my country.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I think some people would have noticed if Richard C. Hoagland stopped bothering them for a year.

Considering a New York Planetarium credit card was involved, maybe it was a set-up by Neil DeGrasse Tyson.

edit on 7-1-2013 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I think I lost all respect and believe the last shreds of credibility vanished for Hoagie when he stated U.S. personnel had traveled to the comet Elenin, landed on it and found it was artificial and bringing a message for all mankind.

The only message it turned out to be bringing was that comets which come too close to our Sun get melted into nothingness. Pop goes the snowball.....along with the credibility of more than one person. ...and they thought we'd all forget or something I'll bet.

new topics

top topics

join