It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amazing Animal Encounters Thread

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

edit on 13-4-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

So that is the babe with the big paws.. gorgeous

Or is the babe a boy who would be mortally offended by me calling him a girl ?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Ahh a dane - and I knew she was a babe, even from her paw.
I am in love with your gorgeous baby - what a sweet heart she is.
edit on 13-4-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
during the summer of 2011 i encountered a deer in my neighborhood that had no fear of me whatsoever. i would see it in my yard every other night and one particular night i was sitting on my front porch smoking a cigarette and eating an apple. anyways this deer i think must have smelled the apple i was eating and it came really close up to the porch. it was probably ten feet away and i decided to toss it my half eaten apple and to my surprise didn't run away but actually walked over to the apple and ate it. a few days later i saw it in my yard again one night and i tried repeating the process and had the same results. this event occurred every couple of nights and the deer actually seemed to be coming back for apples. i fed this deer almost all summer and a few times it actually would come close enough and i was able to get it to take an apple from my hand before running away. this deer seemed so peaceful and it made me really happy to feed it a few times a week with it always returning sometime in the evening hours. unfortunately it stopped showing up after awhile and i haven't seen it since. this was the only wild animal i have ever had come this close to me and i actually kind of miss it stopping over.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by subliminalsubconcious

Deer are special creatures, I have a soft spot for them in my heart as well.
I started taking care of the neighborhood deer over the winter, and like clockwork they come to my yard everyday to eat the treats I leave them.

PLPL

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Minori

Good of you to look after the deer-lovely creatures

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by subliminalsubconcious

What a wonderful experience,i hope the deer returns sometime- i would've missed it too.
We're getting a block of saltlick for the z's in the reserve next to our yard,soon.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Heyy Helen,yeah,she's a really great dog,very sweet-natured,such a love
Glad i caught up with you here,i won't be posting much for a while,except the occasional nature pic-its the time of the year i prefer to be out of doors,and catch up with my meditation in nature,wholesome stuff like that
Bless you.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I've got one for you. When I lived in Bishop, CA we were out and about in the valley. Four wheeling and whatnot, well there was this structure out in the middle of nowhere, I can only describe it as a type of obelisk looking thing. I think they used it for smoking meats or something way back when. Anyways, there are rungs up the side of it and a small hole approx. 2x2 feet at the top. I climbed up there and looked in, not expecting much, I'd been there before. But this time I was amazed to see a Spotted Owl looking up at me. I was startled at first and my cousin and then girlfriend both climbed up to see. After a while we decided to head out. On the way back into town I started thinking, what was this owl doing at the bottom of that thing? Then I thought, well, the thing has a wing span of at least four feet, there are no rungs on the inside. maybe he got in and couldn't get out because the hole was too small. So we went back to town, grabbed some rappelling gear and headed back out. I had a leather jacket on and my cousin's leather gauntlets. I slowly lowered down to the owl. He just sat silently watching me. The space inside was probably 5x5 feet. As my feet hit the bottom the owl stood silently. I put my arm out and to my surprise this owl hopped up onto my forearm. I had a HUGE freaking spotted owl sitting on my arm, I could feel the grip of his talons as he balanced on me. I tried to remain calm so as not to spook it. Now i hadn't really worked out HOW i was going to get this fell out, so I told my cousin to start pulling me out. As i started ascending on the rope, the owl got the hint and grabbed the rope and started climbing it like a pro! I was amazed, he climbed all the way to the top, sat on the edge for a brief moment, then took flight. As i clambered out the sun was just starting to set over the owens valley, purples and blues in the fading light. The creature took about four huge laps around us, as if in thanks, then took off to the west. It was the singly most beautiful thing i think i've ever experienced. I've always had this thing with owls. calling them at night and hearing them call back, or just seeing them around a lot. shortly thereafter i got a large tattoo on my shoulder of an owl.

anyways that's my story! thanks!

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: denybedoomed

Thank you so much for sharing
! I actually got teary from reading your wonderful story-bless you for helping that owl! I can just picture what a special and magical experience that must have been.I love and revere owls too,so much.Me and hubby were outside the other night and heard an owl-their calls always make us smile,so nice to see or hear them-wonderful wonderful creatures.Thanks again for sharing

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

My mother died a few years ago and I received the call that AM at work from her neighbor who checked in on her and found her. I immediately left work to deal with all of the arrangements. It was all done in a daze but I went back to the house that evening to stay and take care of her pets while my husband went home to deal with ours. Her home was in a rural area and as I drove down the driveway I saw a large reddish deer standing in the back yard. I assumed it would run like they always did when a car pulled in but it stayed right there staring. I went in the house and decided to look out the back window a while later and see if it was still there. Still there staring at the house now. It stayed for quite a while just staring. It came back a few evenings in a row and did the same thing but I finally opened the window and told it "Hi. I'm very sad but I'll be alright." because I got the strange feeling that I had to tell it something because maybe my mum was somehow channeling it or whatever. After that it didn't show up anymore. Oh, and she never fed them or anything so that wasn't what it was waiting for. Kinda made me think...
edit on 14-4-2016 by EveStreet because: added sentence

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: EveStreet

I'm so sorry for your loss Eve! Wow this story quite gave me gooseflesh..and the fact that the deer never came back after you spoke to it and assured it you would be ok..life is so mysterious,i mean the nature of reality and our existence.It certainly does make one think..and thank you so much for sharing this wonderful story!

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Oh it's great to be back and to see you again! It's been a while. I hope life it treating you well.

I tried to share this photo on your page - it's my last 'encounter'.

Anyway - with your avatar pic I figured you'd enjoy it.

Good to see you again.

peace

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: denybedoomed

What a cool story - I mean flippin' WOW!

Wish you had pics!

peace

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Hii Silo,so great to see you back here too
!!

I Love that pic-please do tell more about it? I'm positively Tingling with curiosity!

Life's been good,thank you for asking,and i hope with you also? I'm homeschooling my son,making art,helping my friends with their online art groups,cooking,raising also 2 new Rottweiler puppehs,spending time in nature,watching horrorflix with my daughter,doing housework etc-my only complaint is that there is Not enough hours in a day,to get to all the stuff i want to

Really great to see you back,bigBig hug
!

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
What a neat thread, I am glad someone revived it. Growing up in a farm community I was blessed with being able to spend a lot of time outdoors. We did some farming on the side, but dad's main employment was his land leveling company. We got to go out to the hills and help farmers stop soil erosion around their fields. Many times we would be out working and walk face to face with a number of deer. The deer in the country were used to farmers having their cattle in the pasture and could care less if you were around. I spent a lot of hours watching deer interact from a distance of 20 or 30 feet. One time a fawn was laying in the grass and was so content, we were able to go up and just pet him/her.

When I was in sixth grade dad decided I needed to raise pigs so I would not be out causing trouble after school. He told everyone farming was his, "hobby" but I was the only one who seemed to be cutting hay and feeding livestock. We had just received a number of pigs from the sale barn. Every night after school I would walk a mile from our house on the edge of town to check on the pigs. I had to clean their water and check their food. Many of these piglets came from hog confinery so you had to go into the hog shed and shoo them out the door. Most of them had never been outside before and they would stay in the shed without eating or drinking, most scared to leave the shed.

While getting these piglets out I noticed this one golden piglet that seemed to follow me around. He had a large scar on its back leg like something had bitten a chunk out of its butt. If pigs get bored, they have been known to cannibalize each other (that's another story). Anyway, I named the pig Bud, later discovering Bud was a girl. Whenever I would come down the road to check on them I would holler, "Bud." No matter where she was, she began squealing and would come running to the fence. She loved to be petted and if you rubbed her tummy, she would lay down like a dog. She absolutely loved to have her ears rubbed. Sadly, she ended up getting sold when she got the the adequate weight. I still have a picture of her and I in my old room back home.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: warpig69

That's a lovely story,thank you
! babypigs are Adorable-though i must admit i find the fully grown ones somewhat intimidating. When i was a kiddie,my dad worked about 100 miles away from the town where we lived,he was a farm manager for a wealthy family who had a John Deere agency and agricultural irrigation business,plus the farm. He had his own house there,well it belonged to the wealthy family but it was to all extents and purposes his to live in and do with it what he wanted,he was a longtime and trusted employee. We would often go there for weekends and holidays,my mother and i. I would wander the farm just after sun-up and a cuppa coffee, down to the pigpens among other places. The babypigs were so fun,lovely lil things
I would chase them,and then stand still,they would come flocking to me again,then i chase them again,they were squealing as they ran-i would laugh so hard i had to stop-then they would come towards me again,and so rinse and repeat. It did seem they enjoyed the game just as much as me

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
In reply to posts by randyvs, woodsmom,www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your stories about dogs and bears are very interesting as eye contact
was made. This is when the animal decides what to do. Attack or
flight. If you can relate to the animal, confidently look about and
decide what you want to do - encroach on the animal or try to get
away. If the animal appears to be interested in you then speaking
commanding words and using your arms to signal can make it
less confident you are an easy opponent. This will give the chance
to get away.

Once I stood up to a German Shepard by ordering it down I was
able to pass. In the woods I encountered moose twice. One was
a mother and calf, no more than 2 feet tall. As I approached the
mother moose stiffened up. The moose was huge - 10 feet tall with
long legs. I stood still and the mother moose took off up the hill into
the woods leaving the baby moose behind. While we went past the
baby moose we petted it's head, having some small straight hairs,
and it didn't seem to bother it. Going away up the hill I looked back
for the mother but I did not see it - I am sure it returned.

The second moose was up on a hill just on the edge of the deeper
woods. It turned to look at me. It was huge with a jet black hide and
5 foot long antlers. Well I didn't want it to charge at me. It was just
making sure we didn't have any weapons that could hurt it as it
sauntered into the woods.

Animals, insects and molecular life are smart because they have brains
or nerve centers programmed for a certain behavior. Bears, the largest
carnivorous beast on land and are something more serious. If you do
see a bear, move away. If one sees you, that is more difficult of a
situation, running isn't always the best idea. A large gun is smart to
have in bear country. If the bear you meet is 200 lb. or more it can
inflict serious injury, so it is best not to surprise it. Don't let it see you
if possible and if it does approach yell and wave your arms. Then pull
out the gun if it still approaches. Bears are fearsome and the black
bear is becoming more common. Black bears are dangerous because
they can weight twice that of a person, large boars may reach 600
lbs. No bear should be allowed to live free or without confinement.
Plague rats, fleas, eagles and falcons, and bears should not be allowed
near people.

edit on 14-4-2016 by Drawsoho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
My brother has this weird thing with crows. When he's outside, no matter where he is, they circle over his head and caw.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join