It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Dear American Friends, what is wrong with the USA?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodreviara
I am so sick of hearing that this nation is somehow made great by god,
one quick easy look into history shows you exactly why our fore fathers
fled an oppressive regime that was ruled by a church, why has anyone
convinced themselves that they wanted to go right back to doing the
same thing, not only that but it was made brutally clear at the time that
this would be a nation of freedom FROM and FOR religion, IE we can
all have our way if religion would just back the heck off.

the separation of church and state is more important than ever in
this increasing holy war the world is being dragged into again,
i for one would love to see freedom and equality make a huge
come back, i would love to see equality be extended to those who
choose same sex partners, real freedom from oppressive laws and
an end to the invasion of privacy in the name of safety, which is
such a failed idea by the way, privacy is every ones right, id love to
see the religious nuts in our public offices replaced with caring level
headed individuals who will fight for every ones right to be free and
not just their religions right to take advantage, we will not be truly
free until we free ourselves from the religious right. one day we will
be the great nation we were intended to be, but it must be freedom
and not the loss of freedom to religion which does that.

Here here! Star for that (I'm serious).

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

A creative way to supercede blame. How is 60 trillion in accrued debt my fault and not the white hairs? Create a hypothetical if you will.

I'm 20, withholding your superifcial rally, I will promote prosperity. What more can I do? We're 60 trillion in accrued debt, US GDP is 15. How do I actually live in prosperity? Create a hypothetical if you will.

edit on 4-1-2013 by AMERICANSTRONG because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

But if your freedom really is an inalienable right, it's intrinsic and not the kind of thing that can be taken away from you, and even God if there is one, wouldn't want it, and didn't create it, any other way, it's all or nothing freedom, so let's hope that eventually there'll be nothing that anyone need be free OF except the usual nonsense of course, excessive crime, etc.

In fact, from my own POV as a Christian, yes, I'll admit it openly LOL I find the right wing political hijacking of American Christendom, for the most part, to be the most heinous of things, along with the somewhat repulsive nature of the right wing Christian conservative Evangelicals' (that shouldn't even roll off the tongue such a phrase!) stance, It's a disgrace, and then the ignorance in the name of a purely literal interpretation of the Bible, I tell you if there's a devil, that kind of lunacy is probably among his favorite things, by turning so many away from what was otherwise intended as nothing more than an open and loving free invitation ONLY!

What a mess, it's a crying shame in so many ways I agree, but there's still the possibility for a future triumphant joy at the expesnse of all this ignorance - how sad, however, for the good name of Jesus Christ to have gotten all wrapped up in the American flag, it's quite the outrage in fact.
(if I had an angry Jesus emoticon I would have used it there).

edit on 4-1-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AMERICANSTRONG

no offence.. but your 20.. you dont know anything about real problems YOU ARE most likely still in school or living at your parents.. again im not trying to offend you at all... but you dont know s--- about life yet..
edit on 4-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

No offense, but you don't know the difference between your and you're. Spelling mistakes happen, but I don't appreciate someone that doesn't know the difference telling me anything.

I shovel horse # at 5:30 AM then go to school. What am I missing?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AMERICANSTRONG

The number's so high it's meaningless and the only one strapped by it is the US government, not you personally.

Hypothetical idea: Create a new Internet product marketing empire of some kind, give half the money to the poor and starving use that as a new Internet marketing genius methodology, inspiring countless other companies to do likewise, and just accept the fact, that for 20-30 years there may be more pot holes in the road than usual, less money for education etc - heck once you become a billionaire you could create a virtual internet school with every grade straight into University and beyond - anything's possible, we just have to figure out a way, come up with an idea and each try to do something extraordinary for all the right reasons. But the only possible starting point is to not give up, but for those who can think about creating a new business, getting that special degree, running for office, assuming responsibility in every facet of American life and be the shining light for the household even if the house is very dark. What else is there to do? Do something, and I'll try to do my part "up here" from the Great Canadian North eh?

WE, can do this, YOU can do it, anything is possible, my point being, not just to rally, but to try to show you the absurdity of throwing in the towel just when the "keepers of the flame" dropped the ball and started passing off the scene - you don't hear much from Guiliani, Cheney and Newt Gingrich anymore, that's a start.

It's a new world, and a new Internetworked age where the IDEA rocks and where love conquors all if only because the other way sucks by comparison, and didn't work out so well, so really I'm inviting you to consider a marvelous joke in the domain of new possibility relative to and at the expense of, a really #ty past by comparison.

One two generations, and it's a whole new ballgame, so what if it takes 10-20 years to dig out of the mess. Who knows maybe the fatcats will figure out a way to somehow write off or forgive large portions of the debt, while some hook-nosed degenerate hunchback somewhere in a castle in Europe heads down the winding staircase to open a vault of gold the likes of which the world hasn't seen since it was in Fort Knox.

Hey anything's possible oh yea of such little faith.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AMERICANSTRONG
reply to post by goou111

No offense, but you don't know the difference between your and you're. Spelling mistakes happen, but I don't appreciate someone that doesn't know the difference telling me anything.

The kid's pretty funny goou111, you have to admit.

And a good speller too, which I admire.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AMERICANSTRONG
reply to post by goou111

wow talk about sensitive.. look man like it or not in 20 years YOU ARE gonna look back to when you were 20 and say "damm i was such an idiot".. Just like we all do...

I know exactly what YOU RE missing I was 20 once and my son is 20 now. Trust me you are not even the real you yet

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

After creating the biggest real estate bubble in history and now after its collapse the Federal Reserve is buying $30 billion in mortgage assets per month first from Freddie and Fannie which they will own within 12 months then eventually mortgage assets off the banks until the Fed owns all the mortgages in the USA the banks in return will buy shares and bonds to prop up Wall Street not a cent will go in the general economy.The founding fathers would have shot all involved.

The USA has sold land to China and given it eminent domain over this land which means they can use lethal force on Americans on American soil.Once again the founding fathers would shoot those involved.

The Federal Reserve has pumped 27 trillion into the system to prop it up since 2008,the taxpayer ultimately will get this bill.Pioneer Americans certainly would not have copped this.

Then there is the Un Agenda and massive sovereignty surrender currently being worked on,Washington would of stormed the UN and razed it to the ground.

America is a dream that perhaps never was but now never will be.

The media is to blame none of the above stories all verifiable by Google ever appeared with any explanation on any US tv set,no they are all hypnotized by mainstream media,social media and have their head up the bum of the latest apple product.

Washington is partly to blame no matter who you vote for the same interests own them but the main blame goes to the US citizen.

Whats wrong with the US.

APATHY AND SELFISHNESS.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I think I found it ---->>

...NEVER compromise your integrity...

INTEGRITY has been lost, perhaps irretrievably.

to have integrity, you must have an identity. that, too, has been forsaken.

but we have lots of other stuff to make up for it, like......well, stuff. drowning in stuff, even.

shut up canook. we're awesome.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

From what I've come to understand of it, integrity is promise keeping or oath keeping where you do what you say you're going to do when you say you're going to do it (although I did get that definition from a somewhat unusual slightly cultish seminar program called "Landmark Forum"), but it "groks". Integrity is an action word therefore that defines character, not by "who you are" or who you think you are, but simply by what you say you're going to do and then actually do, thus to build integrity at least as a starting point, it's always best to under promise and over deliver! Integrity is like a snowball effect, where action is carried out based on conviction, based on what touches moves and inspires us in the domain of possibility (more Landmark-speak). Word-wise, the OP I think is a fine example of integrity, but because I'm not an American, it only carries with it a degree of integrity if it inspired you, or moved you as an American citizen to take another look at the problem from a whole new perspective, and then move out in some new way shape or form. Inspired leadership is integrity, and character and identity flow from every promise kept, both in terms of what to do and what not to do. But do we not know now in hindsight based on all the data what not to do AND thus to a large degree what to do..? Think it through, there really is a "fulcrum" and turning point of leverage freely available and all everyone needs to do, both individually and collectively is to give it a strong push in a certain direction and then there we are realizing a newfound integrity as a point of historical transformation.

Originally posted by tgidkp

shut up canook. we're awesome.

Hey I never said you weren't, Yankee (at least I gave it a capital).

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That's why I'm going crazy with my "ban" rants.....I know they are small things in the grand scheme, but if we aren't willing to fight the battles how will we win the war?

We just keep letting them roll over us and chip chip chip away....

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

in simplest terms, I think it means that you are "whole". your thoughts and words and actions arise from a sense of true identity and therefore you say-what-you-mean and mean-what-you-say. it is the difference between ACTIVE and RE-ACTIVE.

which is in stark contrast to all the waffling and stupefied push overs that surround me.

you can't say what you mean if you have no meaning.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

We just keep letting them roll over us...

except that the "them" in your last rant was not THEM. it is US.

your argument would be so much more meaningful if you stop fighting your fellow-man, and start fighting the machine. (hint: smog days are implemented by people with genuine health concerns....not zombie politicians.)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Ah I understand what you mean now and you get it too (we make a good team).

You know, in ancient India, they actually perfected a whole science on the basis of a right first/last cause arising from within and from one's character and so they sought to develop that sacred space in deep meditative contemplation out of which every single facet of the culture (Indus Valley Civilization) flowed, like a natural byproduct. They called it Brahmavidya (the sacred science).

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

I will stop pointing the finger and simply state my own problem re: this mess.

I detest the words "duty" and "obligation", especially with reference to "patriotism".

a truly terrible mix of words right there.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Seems like the ability to "star" has reduced dramatically among the ATS members since 2013...A post like yours could have easily earned at least 50 in 2012!
....But seriously i do feel for American people as well and I hope whatever happens to their government,their people stay safe and happy for years to come....God will protect good people,i have no doubt about that.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Why's that? Can you elaborate?

Do you mean that it takes all the fun out of being your own person instead of just self-identifying as an American?

Are we "citizens" of the world? If so, look out because here comes the anti-NWO crowd, yikes!

I guess that's what the OP is putting forward though, is the question about what it means to BE an American, which you'll notice that I've left entirely open to each's person's own interpretation and understanding of what that means, if anything.

It's a very interesting predicament this "double bind" and it's most definitely one worth unraveling, so that the American flag can wave freely once more

I'm not mocking it for a second either, but it's just not appropriate for me to be the first to stand at a salute or with a hand over my heart, forgive me, but I am Canadian ("sorry" is our most used word btw), not American and there is a difference however slight it may be.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

I have to say as nervous as I believe you are. Just think how it feels to know our gov. wants our guns bad enough to kill children. And anyone who doesn't believe these people are wicked enough to do such a thing ? Then I would question that persons sanity. Because I can think of all kinds of examples in recent american history that show
they would with no remorse. From mind control to '___' experiments carried out by the CIA on kids 7 to 12 years old.

Here's a piece of one article and a link.

Jean Marie is almost seven years old. She came here nearly a year ago after her parents abandoned her to the care of an aunt who had no interest in raising her. Marie, who prefers to be called Jean, is shy, withdrawn, and distrustful of most adults she encounters. There are reports she may have been sexually molested by her uncle ... Despite her withdrawn nature she smiles easily, and enjoys the company of other children. After receiving '___' on three occasions earlier this month, Marie ceased smiling at all and lost any interest in others her age ... In the past week, she seems to have become easily agitated and has lost any interest in reading, something she seemed to very much enjoy before treatment.

ATS

We're dealing with monsters and I want people to know it so they won't be apprehensive about vanquishing these
virulent vermin.
edit on 4-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

there is a massive disconnect in almost every aspect of modern society.

a couple days ago my grandmother asked if I would consider donating money to a charity. I told her "no" for the reason being that i really don't feel like I am helping anybody. there is always some intermediary between our actions and their results these days.

so, I can appreciate the idea of charity, and also that of patriotism and duty. but i am so strongly put-off by the disconnectedness, that the words themselves have begun to take on a sinister tone.

"patriotic" and "charitable" people are among some of the most detestable.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join