It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo in Illinois? 4G cell tower?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Don't really know where to post this. Searched and didn't see it, so sorry if it's already being talked about.

This was on my daily papers website.

www.pjstar.com...

I don't really have much to say about this because I'm a total newb at this stuff... What could it be? They're speculating it could be a 4G cell tower.

Figured I'd throw it out here for you guys to dissect.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
what if 4g cell towers are alien space ships and they let us use their awesome 4g speeds in exchange to park their towers and not pay rent...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

TextIt may not be extraterrestrial activity, but a permanent imprint on the central Illinois Doppler radar even has the National Weather Service stumped.

I like that part. "It may not be extraterrestrial"..

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

My cell is only 3G.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
A mysterious “beam of interference”? Very interesting. It seems to expand from right to left.

Maybe something to do with HAARP? Defiantly looks like some sort of beam.

The National Weather Service’s website indicated that the problem might stem from recent construction on an electronics tower in Lincoln, but the precise cause still is unresolved

Not sure how recent construction can create a beam??

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by KawRider9

Hmmm... I'm in Chicago and to see that happening relatively close to me is never a good thing... Someone mentioned HAARP, well, I hope not... hahahaha.....

OP have you noticed any weird stuff down there by you?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

If that is the case, why isn't someone letting me know I am an alien.

I work for a company that builds these towers/sites. I WISH they were alien, but alas, they are not.

I doubt it is, but the only thing on site that I could think of that could cause this type of interference is a GPS cone. Still doubtful though.

The antennae, for the most part, are not omnidirectional, so there could be that, though the RF emission wouldn't be near that high.
edit on 3-1-2013 by Daemonicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daemonicon

If that is the case, why isn't someone letting me know I am an alien.

I work for a company that builds these towers/sites. I WISH they were alien, but alas, they are not.

I dunno... you may just be saying that to cover up for you being an alien....

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The beam width is too narrow for a cellular antenna and the distance of inteference is too far for the fequencies and powers used.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

The only odd stuff I've noticed is our politicians!

Well, I guess my cell phone has been getting crappy signals for the last two days. That's about it though.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Soooo....

Apparently Illinois will be the first area to get wiped out by our 2012 alien visitors' high-velocity super laser ion fusion capacitor beam regulator.

But I wonder why they chose that place first ?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Soooo....

Apparently Illinois will be the first area to get wiped out by our 2012 alien visitors' high-velocity super laser ion fusion capacitor beam regulator.

But I wonder why they chose that place first ?

Because I live here. They seem to be going for the jugular early... I'll try to hold them off. God speed, CranialSponge!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

If it is Aliens, I'm closer than you, so I'll be on the front line! What is my best weapon choice? Bust out the .308, .12 gauge, bow and arrow, maybe offer them a beer???

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Relax they had just to get a bit closer because for them the connection was bad science the shft two weeks ago

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
All kidding aside, anyone know what would cause this?

A mysterious “beam of interference” has been etched into the Lincoln Doppler radar since Nov. 16, according to a bulletin on the National Weather Service website. The rogue beam extends westward from Lincoln through the middle of Mason County, near Manito, the bottom of Fulton County and onward into the state of Iowa.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Hope it isn't defense related, maybe somebody figured out how to disable our radar systems? That could get ugly.
Interesting stuff though if it isn't something mundane.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Weather satalites identified unusual stripes of pressure in the atmosphere some years ago with small bumps in it, like a string of pearls say, across the sky
This baffled meteorologists as they could not identify it and if my memory serves me, it even had a short interest clip shown on a US channel weather report

Turned out to be an advanced pulse propulsion system that left a unique pressure trail

Could this be some new toys being tested and inadvertently detected ?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
It does look like a trail.
But detectable by radar means an electrically active trail.
Why is it wider father away cause the narrower trail sort of means it landed
by the radar tower meaning they forgot to look up and see the UFO saucer
overhead.

top topics

join