It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4,000 Year Old Spearheads Found in Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

4,000 Year Old Spearheads Found in Mexico

latino.foxnews.com

Researchers discovered 4,000-year-old spearheads and other artifacts at a site in the northwestern state of Sinaloa

The find "will change the chronologies of the antiquity of human settlement in the northwest of the country," archaeologist Joel Santos Ramirez said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It's and interesting find for sure, primarily due to the age of the artifacts. The article claims that more than spearheads were found at the site as well (knives and such). It also made mention that it could possibly " change the chronologies of the antiquity of human settlement I'm the northwest of the country". When will they see that we have been around for much longer than documented currently, when will the scientific community finally throw out this western thinking and push back our timeline?
Have a good day!
Jake

latino.foxnews.com

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pressthebutton

It's and interesting find for sure, primarily due to the age of the artifacts. The article claims that more than spearheads were found at the site as well (knives and such). It also made mention that it could possibly " change the chronologies of the antiquity of human settlement I'm the northwest of the country". When will they see that we have been around for much longer than documented currently, when will the scientific community finally throw out this western thinking and push back our timeline?
Have a good day!
Jake

latino.foxnews.com

Hi there, 4,000 years ago is only 2,000 BC, that doesn't do anything to question how long we have been around as a species, or even using tools. I think the comment about 'possibly change the chronologies' is more around how long people have been settled in a specific geographical area, that's all.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

I agree completely with what you said, and I'm not saying any different. My point is, that new things are constantly popping up in separate parts of the world that shake the community, because they didn't realize a particular settlement had existed for so long. If it's happening with smaller regions then my thought is that it's also happening with human timelines as a whole. Logical process right? Thanks for the input!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pressthebutton
reply to post by something wicked

I agree completely with what you said, and I'm not saying any different. My point is, that new things are constantly popping up in separate parts of the world that shake the community, because they didn't realize a particular settlement had existed for so long. If it's happening with smaller regions then my thought is that it's also happening with human timelines as a whole. Logical process right? Thanks for the input!

Shaking is good. It's science after all. Nothing new is boring
(Ah... I remember my college days, when repeating older experiments to just re-confirming the findings of older scientists)

It's more a correction about the human migration data that was available so far. There isn't anything so amazing about the fact the human come to Americas in the past because we know they come here. The news is that the migration to Americas is older than previous data/artifacts available suggested in that area.

The actual data suggest the early human beings had come to Americas as long 30,000-60,000 years ago from 2 different migration fronts... Indonesia -> south america and from north america via Alaskan coast. And different migration waves

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
4000 yrs? I have personally held paleo artifacts from Mexico, that were estimated to be 12-13,000 ybp old. If you want the truth on the first Americans, you have to dig a little deeper than what's in the standard history books. here's an example of what im talking about...pleistocenecoalition.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
www.sciencedaily.com...

South America's Oldest Textiles Identified With Carbon Dating
May 23, 2011 — Textiles and rope fragments found in a Peruvian cave have been dated to around 12,000 years ago, making them the oldest textiles ever found in South America, according to a report in the April issue of Current Anthropology.

&

Article: Science Daily (Apr. 3, 2008)

'DNA from dried human excrement recovered from Oregon's Paisley Caves is the oldest found yet in the New World -- dating to 14,300 years ago, some 1,200 years before Clovis culture -- and provides genetic ties to Siberia or Asia, according to an international team of 13 scientists'. (5)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lordpiney

I hear what you are saying, but again, this is about very specific areas, not the period in which the wider region was populated.

new topics

top topics

join