It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You woke up Tomorrow as the only Human Being Left Alive...how long would you want to live?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
As long as I possibly could.

As long as there are still animals around anyway.

If it's just me with no birds or deer or dogs I'd be pretty bummed.

It it was just that I was the only human I'd want to live forever.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Hi
I don't know why anyone would want cash at this point - unless you like its texture to clean your bum.

Also, I realized, you can't be inside a big old plane and fly it at the same time (e.g across continents) you need somebody in the control tower, from where they actually fly planes these days afaik

I would like to do a Howard Hughes, and stay indoors for big chunks of time watching every possible TV show, youtube video, and movie, TED talk, and documentary film ever made. I would survive on frozen food or something. Perhaps I'd use the first few weeks to watch videos on how to skin a rabbit and make a fish farm etc. I would do all this foolishly to protect myself from predators, then realize, that I should just move to some valley in a balmy climate somewhere, where there are fewer dead bodies and lots of greenery, water etc.

I dunno what I'd do, bye.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Great Question!! Loved the responses (some more than others).

I love the idea of releasing the confined animals. I know dogs might get out of control in packs, so I'd probably need protection (zoo animals, I would hope, wouldn't become an issue). On my own, I'd probably find myself in a different place on the food chain.

Being in the US, I'd make my way to the Smithsonian. I know it's a safe area. Would be big enough to remain in while the critters worked it out. Supplies wouldn't be too hard to obtain and hoard.

Food, clothing, shelter. And a vast amount of educational entertainment.

I'm not sure beyond all that. I'd like to venture out after a while. Probably horseback. See what there was to see.

Having arrived at the conclusion that I no longer have to pay taxes, I'd hope that any death I would face wouldn't be painful.

Should I need to die (for whatever reason). Sedatives, LOTS of narcotics. Just kick back and take a snooze.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionsWitness

Personally, it would depend on the nature of the extinction event.

If it were a situation in which the environment, and a good deal of items were left intact like if one were immune to a disease and there was other life, animals plants etc., I'd probably (being comfortable in solitude) be ok - I'd just explore, looking for others who might have survived - which just seems the natural thing to do.

However, if it were some hellish collapse of the ecosystem and one had to scratch and search for every calorie and suffer the elements - I don't think it would be worth surviving.

I read an excellent older novel about this type scenario called The Purple Cloud. It is free if you have a Kindle or another ereader as it was written in 1901 by British writer M. P. Shiel. It is still around in hard copy too if you want something good for a library.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
At least I'd have the time to read all the books I've ever wanted to.
***Snap*Crunch***

No; It's not fair. It's not fair, there was time. I had time now...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus
At least I'd have the time to read all the books I've ever wanted to.
***Snap*Crunch***

No; It's not fair. It's not fair, there was time. I had time now...

Twilight Zone...my favorite one!

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

oh crap man,

I think about that episode at least once a day lately.

I feel like this guy. Every time I light a cigarette, every time I make coffee and have to do something else other than drink it and smile. when ever anything good i want to do is planned. I am being toyed with ON PURPOSE....lol

I am this man....lol

good post....
edit on 29-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I think I'd do all drive an Aston Martin like crazy round the roads,find a Royal Palace n take a leak in Prince Charles finest bone china teapot.Go to the city and smash all the corporate buildings plate glass windows,set fire to the Royal Bank of Scotland HQ for all those petty bank charges and carry on with this indulgent,hedonistic,destructive behaviour till I got it out of my system.

Then I'd take stock,realise that without other people life just doesn't have any particular meaning that makes any sense.

Maybe get depressed,bitter,angry and apathetic in turns till that brief interlude no longer entertained me.lol.

So what does that leave ??

No meaning,what will I do,achieve,strive for or do I just do the sensible thing,throw myself in the Thames and die of toxic shock.lol.

No,no,no suicide's no solution,sorry Ozzy.lol !!!

Nah,I'd sit down and set about convincing myself that I didn't know for sure I was the only human alive,afterall what do I know i never get it right so if i believe i'm the last human,then it stands to reason I've got it wrong and i'm not !!!

Afterall I'm still here so there's bound to be others so finding other living people would become the quest.

The beauty being the longer I seek the less sure I'll become why i believed I was alone and as time passes i'll come to be sure there are others,believing my own BS.

By that time i'll probably be having excellent debates with trees and be living in my own weird and colourful reality populated by a menagerie of fantastic imaginery characters.

Ah,bliss !!!

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionsWitness
How long would you go?

As long as I could, which wouldn't be very long. I would be dead before I got bored with it, most people bug me, and I spend most of my time pretending they aren't there anyway.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I would go to the nearest major zoo, and release the chimpanzees, then I would teach them to knap flints, make fire and hunt other animals.

Deja vue?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Probably been said...

Go to the library enjoy the absolute quiet and catch up on some reading that is until my glasses break...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I would do the same. Take down every fence, sign or cage and let everything become free! Since I would be the only one anyway might as well have some fun!

Turn off everylight I could, or shut the power off but one place SETI! There I would set up shop and send a message of my own. Okay to land now, I promiss! Then followed by the best tunes I can find!

Next I will have fun, still will look around just to see if I was the only one though. The armor car and I shall go anywhere! Opps, don't know how to fly so boats, crap! How would you run a big boat to cross over the sea? Funny, just would have to go get some books and read!

I would have to stay away from area 51 though! Would hate to release # by dumb stupidity and get killed! Oh so I let out some lions and bears; cool! Have to make it interesting; and let some more free! I would hate to see them die being locked up and no food!

Last I would relax and play! Since I am gonna die someday, anybody know how to clone someone? Sure I could find a lab or 2 to play in! More books!!!

Then when I'm about to die I will leave a note; someday someone will come and read it and at least they would understand what happened. Oh, better to write it on stone; more books to read!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
If my kid was gone, about 30 minutes till I find a way to off myself.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I'd head off to Area 51 and take a peek lol or some other 'forbidden' place

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Its interesting that people who are posting here, are in roughly 3 categories.

A) kill myself
B) find a safe place and stay there
C) travel around and do all the stuff you cant at the moment

Quite a lot of people want to leave some sign or message. It tempts me because I think that another intelligent species would evolve to replace us if we suddenly disappeared. And there are probably some things we should warn them about.

It would take about 10 million years for them to reach our current level, so any message you want to leave needs to be robust

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I would go to zoos and get 10 female gorillas, then drive straight to an egg and sperm bank and do IVF and relocate the embrios to the female pigs and get them to gestate human beings. All from different donors, so they could repopulate the world. If that did not work, i would collect samples from all the dead people i could, put them in storage, spend the next 10-20 years studying cloning and genetics to make some animal capable of bearing humans and then clone them all, instant repopulation
If that did not work i would just make the biggest time capsule in the world and secure our knowlege for future races or aliens to find with samples of our dna preserved so they could bring us back. Alternatively, i would just wake up and go: "uffff, thank god that was just a dream".

EDIT: Maybe instead i would get a German shepherd dog and hunt vampires while trying to find a cure for death.

Andro
edit on 29/12/2012 by Andromerius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I'm surprised to see the same types of answers with such base ideas. I miss some of the old ATS members.

Anyways,

This would be the chance to leave behind something amazing. If you think about it, at this point the only message mankind has left as its story is that it was able to off itself over night.

Why not leave behind a story? The REAL story, or at least as close to it as we could.

First thing I would do is gather the bodies of my direct family. I would sob for hours over the body of my mother and father, thinking about the fact that just 24 hours ago they were alive. Give them their last hugs and kisses (I'm actually beginning to get wet eyes just thinking about this), bury them, and then finally take my leave. I would then bury my dearest friend, josh. Tell him that the years had been great and explain to him that I can't explain why this happened. I would miss them all so much.

Off to Area 51. I'm not going to see the secret stuff (though it will be something exciting), but to find the answer. In the event of an emergency, it is usually accompanied with alarms or signs indicating such emergency. This is what I'm looking for.

Long story short, I would spend my days writing about how I saw mankind through my eyes with a large of amount of information I would have acquired through gathering top secret files on events happening in my age. Hopefully the information that would have explained my ultimate solitude.

Best to have something for whoever, or whatever is next. It would simply be called, The Warning.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

i would level myself up until i died in the process. I would take on a hunting challenge, i would hunt animals to eat, but at the same time create a list of predator animals that are capable of killing me from least dangerous to most dangerous. I would them hunt them in that order traveling all around the world. I would start with guns, and then start with bows, and then switch to traps swords and harpoons. As i was doing this i would hope that i find someone, and i would also collect the things that intrigued me, info and material possessions. Im Sure i would die a natural death in attempting this but if i didn't i would master the art of extreme sports, (base jumping, free climbing,ect ect) and if that didn't kill me i would be able to declare myself king of the world. and construct myself a throne of gold,jewels, and other precious metals. I would than create a statue dedicated to myself and a data base(digital if possible, video documentation and such) siting all my accomplishments, i would also put in the data base the history of the world, that i knew before i was the last man on earth. than as king of the world i would die peacefully in my sleep, or any other way that one could die surviving in the wilderness alone. -

oh yeah i would also become a beast master of sorts, i would train an eagle, a faret, a horse, a pack of dogs/wolfs and any other animals that may be trained

edit on 29-12-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Well one would need to travel for a long time to determine that they're is nobody left.

Let alone trying to find out what happened to your loved ones.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Di0nysis
I'd head off to Area 51 and take a peek lol or some other 'forbidden' place

Now your talking! That would probably keep one occupied for awhile. If they have space ships there then the possibilities would be endless. I would definitely find the closest Air Force bases and grab an F-15 first and have some fun as I search the country till I find a B-1 or B-2 bomber for searching the rest of the planets air ports

A whole lot of WooHoo's come to mind!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join