It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media uses picture of child unrelated to Sandy Hook tragedy. How did this happen?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

No. I have seen no proof of soccer coaches or scout leaders stepping forward.
And teachers, I would be skeptical of especially I would not expect that every teacher
knows every kid in the first grade who is not their student.

I've seen no neighbors come forward. But, as I said before, anybody who would question this is not
going to be given ANY media attention for YOU to know about.
edit on 30-12-2012 by PaperbackWriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
So where is the photo of real Allison Wyatt? Didn't her parents noticed that it's not their daughters photo on the Obituary?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

Forget to read the posts in the thread?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-12-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Media uses picture of child unrelated to Sandy Hook tragedy. How did this happen?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

No. I have seen no proof of soccer coaches or scout leaders stepping forward.

Link

Eight of the 12 girls killed in last week’s shooting rampage at Sandy Hook Elementary School were Girl Scouts. Two troops of the smallest scouts were shattered. One that had 10 members now has five. Another troop of five girls now has just two..... Robbin Chaber Allen, Kelsea’s mother and the chief Girl Scouts organizer in Newtown, said the mother of one of the girls who died called her and urged her to use scouting as a way of remembering the girls. Four of the mothers whose daughters were killed are also Girl Scout leaders, Allen said.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

The video featuring the children killed in Newtown was provided by PBS (they are specifically cited as the source).

The Autism Lights website itself only features 4 people in connection with the Newtown shooting: Josephine Gay, Rachel D'Avino, Dylan Hockley, and Anne Marie Murphy. Josephine and Dylan are featured because they both had autism. Rachel is featured because she was the school therapist and was studying autism. Anne Marie is featured because she was a teacher's aide who worked with Dylan.

No other Newtown individuals are featured, because they had no connection with autism.

No photos are posted of Josephine, Dylan, Rachel, or Anne Marie (other than what's featured in the videos) due to the note they give at the bottom of the page. I know you've seen that note, but I'm not so sure you've read it carefully, so here it is again:

Special Note: It is the policy of Autism Light not to include photos of individuals unless they are in the Public Domain or permission from the person or family can be obtained. At this time of tragic loss we have not sought out permission for a photo, so not to disturb the privacy of Josephine Grace Gay's family. If in the future an authorized representative would like to give permission for a photo of Josephine to appear with this respectful tribute, please email [address given] or leave information in the comments to this post. Thank You.

Also, I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say that "Ms. Murphy didn't rate her own 'light'." I don't see anything that's "rated," and even if there were, it would be kind of hard for her to do anything of the sort.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas

Forget to read the posts in the thread?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I guess I should pay more attention, thanks for the link!

Whos picture is in this Obituary? Because it Looks to me like it's the same girl as the one released by the family.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

It is their daughter's photo on the obituary. That photo was provided by Ben, Allison's father.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsecret

Whos picture is in this Obituary? Because it Looks to me like it's the same girl as the one released by the family.

Allison Wyatt (AP Photo/Family Photo via Benjamin Wyatt)

www.legacy.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

125 girl scout troops with 700 girls? Er...It's a funny thing though that neither this article, nor the Girl Scout
of Connecticut name the Troop Number or list the members.

Just a generic well wish to the people of Sandy Hook. And a candle. And a place to donate.

Yeah, I gotta say, that the fundraising and memorials set up for this are like mushrooms after a rainshower.
Every kid has his memorial fund for them set up.

You know kids die every day one way or another. Some are killed or die of disease. I've honestly never seen
a plea for donations be made to the family, though in the obits.
Maybe if they died of cancer to the ACS, stuff like that. Oh well.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Maybe after the next mass school shooting, the community will think to canvas the internet for opinions on how the fundraisers and memorials should be handled.

Hindsight, right?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas

Allison Wyatt (AP Photo/Family Photo via Benjamin Wyatt)

www.legacy.com...

Thank you for your patience. I think I worked too much today because I still don't get it. All of the Allison Wyatt pictures I could find are of the same girl.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

That's because most of them have been fixed by now.
This is the misidentified photo:

Allison Wyatt, 6 - Connecticut shooting victims portraits

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

Okay I see now. Thank you! Honestly to me they kind of look alike. But that's just me probably.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by hypattia

This is an affiliate of ABC. Located in D.C. The photo is credited to musegal2 You Tube. Dec 16
www.wjla.com...

This photo is still posted. wth? musgal2 took down the tribute.
edit on 30-12-2012 by hypattia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

Okay I see now. Thank you! Honestly to me they kind of look alike. But that's just me probably.

No, they look a lot alike to me as well! When I checked the photo they are stating is the real one, i thought at first I had hit the wrong link.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

125 girl scout troops with 700 girls? Er...It's a funny thing though that neither this article, nor the Girl Scout
of Connecticut name the Troop Number or list the members.

That article cites a Girl Scout leader by name who says that four mothers of slain children were also Girl Scout leaders. So what are you saying? The Girl Scouts are in on the conspiracy too?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

No, but that they just "went with it", like everybody else. It might have crossed who'sever maintains the website's mind, like it did me that, "Hey, they didn't even list the Troop number for each girl and hey, come to think of it they didn't tell me which girls out of the 20 either".
So subconsciously maybe, she's going to say, that the Newtown area has 125 troops, (which is a ridiculously
high number), with 700 girls ( working out to on average 6 girls per troop more or less, a ridiculously low number),
accounts for the reason.

edit on 31-12-2012 by PaperbackWriter because: (no reason given)

JAK

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
The Daily... that tabloid is a vile rag but is a wonderful example of the depths to which journalism has fallen. From merriam-webster.com the following can be found as an entry under journalism:

a
: writing designed for publication in a newspaper or magazine

b : writing characterized by a direct presentation of facts or description of events without an attempt at interpretation

c : writing designed to appeal to current popular taste or public interest

although we may wish it otherwise.

It is morally as bad not to care whether a thing is true or not, so long as it makes you feel good, as it is not to care how you got your money as long as you have got it. ~ Edmund Way Teale

It seems in the last definition has won out - it sells. Look at how much the tabloid in question is used as a source on ATS now. The quality of journalism has not increased one iota, just the profile; and it has been embraced. Shame on... who?

You cannot hope
to bribe or twist,
thank God! the
British journalist.

But, seeing what
the man will do
unbribed, there's
no occasion to.

~ Humbert Wolfe

From dictionary.reference.com

1. the occupation of reporting, writing, editing, photographing, or broadcasting news or of conducting any news organization as a business.
4. writing that reflects superficial thought and research, a popular slant, and hurried composition, conceived of as exemplifying topical newspaper or popular magazine writing as distinguished from scholarly writing: He calls himself a historian, but his books are mere journalism.

As for modern journalism, it is not my business to defend it. It justifies its own existence by the great Darwinian principle of the survival of the vulgarest. ~ Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)

Despite the absurd situations such as:

thefreelibrary.com

In a stunningly narrow interpretation of FCC rules, the Florida Appeals court claimed that the FCC policy against falsification of the news does not rise to the level of a "law, rule, or regulation"; it was simply a policy. Therefore, it is up to the station whether or not it wants to report honestly.

During their appeal, Fox asserted that there that there are no written rules against distorting news in the media. They argued that, under the First Amendment, broadcasters have the right to lie or deliberately distort news reports on the public airwaves.

there is great danger in demanding governments to legislate here. Who will you trust?

It's a precarious position and at even the briefest of glances it's apparent that ethical behaviour is quietly ushered aside when money talks. Then bound and gagged. It may not be to our liking, but it is.

So talk back in the only way that will be heard - avoid the purveyors of this populist dross. Refuse to sanction the offerings of banal slop these outlets serve up. Deny shelter to the demonstrated articulation that salacious voyeurism is enough to satisfy a questioning public, that base schadenfreude trumps intellectual curiosity, that the recurrent trite witch-hunts for yet another bogey-men are enough to distract you from this crass procession.

Refute these things with your thoughts and your actions. Refute them today for (y)our tomorrow.

edit on 31/12/12 by JAK because: spllelling

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Could you take your 'the whole thing is a conspiracy' to the appropriate thread and stop trying to derail this one?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join