It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FACT that the world still sells cigarettes as a legal "relaxer" should be enough!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Should be enough! to understand! "That they don't really care about us"

That they say its a good thing cause of the TAX! is also a thing to boggle about!

Even to this date! 2013 REAL soon! we as human beings on this planet still spew this POISON out!

And yes! i am a cigarette smoker...
wont be able to quit the day the [SNIP] is FINALLY ILLEGAL!!

I guess many feel this way!

But whatever

edit on 27-12-2012 by AldrinAlden because: Title mess ..

Mod Edit: Profanity/Censor Circumvention - Please Review This Link...
edit on 12/27/2012 by kosmicjack because: title fix, spelling and censor cicumvention snip

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AldrinAlden

It does not matter my friend.....if they care or do not be assured that it is within their best interest to care and when not to.If you make under a percentage of the proclaimed elite line drawn in the sand then your life and all attached has relatively no value to them.Make your peace with whatever god,"creator"you follow and just try to live right and well,should you find your back against a wall.....get mad dog mean...i mean real mean.Live free,Live Happy,Live in peace it's your god given right!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Who sells cigarettes as a "relaxer" as you call it?

And that cigarettes have higher taxes does not mean "they" think it's ok.

btw I'm a smoker too.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AldrinAlden

Should be enough! to understand! "That they don't really care about us"
I'm not sure who 'they' are, but I am curious:
[color=D1A65C]Before now, have you always thought that 'they' actually did care about you?

Originally posted by AldrinAlden

Even to this date! 2013 REAL soon! we as human beings on this planet still spew this POISON out!
Poisons are everywhere.
You can get Cancer from just about anything.

The cigarette just helps to filter out all of the nasty crap that's already floating around in the air. lol

edit on 12/27/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Prohibition in the 40's comes to mind.

Whilst it's legal, it can be regulated, controlled and taxed.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Cigarettes are still sold today because there is a demand for them and profit to be made from selling them.
And that is all there is to it.

I am a cigarette fiend.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
hey man, its cigarettes*

we have been medicating, drugging and messing with our bodies since PREHISTORIC TIMES...

We will continue to do so. They have literally found evidence that prehistoric man would eat things that made him feel things just for the effect of it. Beer was around since our first civilizations as was wine. I had a dog that was in love with beer and you could not leave an opened one around or he would go for it.

Nothing they will ever do will change our urge and ability to mess with our bodies. The fact is smokers are made out as passive murderers so governments and big business can hike prices and TAXES and not get lynched for it.

edit on 27-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The fact that its a killer, the fact that doctors can refuse to treat you if you smoke..
$$$$$££££££ Thats why...

I smoked for 13 years, i'm on day 51 of not smoking.
I just decided one morning after the daily ritual of puking up crap that enough was enough.

What would they do without all that cigarette cancer tax money....

In England its now illegal to even display tobacco products, unless you know the exact brand/size you want to ask for they won't sell it to you, you just can't browse that counter anymore.

Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Enough.........

Stop blaming other people for the choices you make..........you guys complain about doctors and insurance and this and that, because you are a smoker........

Yet you know the risks and dangers.......... where is your personal responsibility?

Its THEIR fault cause its legal? Its the insurance companies fault because they dont want the liability?

You made the choice........stop blaming other people like a child...........

What I find more amusing is that you think that making it illegal will make you stop.........has any other substance out there that is illegal, stopped addicts from getting it?

Youre addicted.........if you dont have the fortitude or the want to quit now.........making them illegal isnt going to change that.......

and before you try and rush off into "you dont know what youre talking about" , I was a smoker for 16 years

Im sorry if this post is harsh..........but its way past time people exercised some personal responsibility......
edit on 27-12-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I lived across the street from a 78 year old woman a few years ago. She smoked for over 50 years. One day we were talking and she told me she quit smoking. She said that she participated in a research study on smoking. They gave her a shot and ever since then she vomits if she lights a cigarette up. I tried contacting the hospital that she went to for this study as well as the other 20 or so hospitals in Houston but was told " I don't know what your talking about" I think the technology is out there but has not been approved for whatever reason.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
if your really that concerned you have to power within your self to quit, why do you need the government to tell you that its bad? if crack was legal would you smoke it? or meth? No because you care about your self enough to know its bad for you. If you are really suggesting that they need to make them illegal so you can quit then i have lost my faith in humanity. Did you actually read what you wrote?

im a smoker of 16 years and only 29
I want to quit have tried numerous times but always come back. I take full responsibility for MY choices tho, i learned a long time ago the only one that cares about my well being is me.
edit on 27-12-2012 by DIRTYDONKEY because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
you can save alot of $$ with the 'roll your own' tobacco.

IE ... 32 smokes for a 3$ bag vs. pack of 20 cigs for 5$ to 9$

this way you will pay less in taxes.

unfourtunately, most of the brands taste like crap

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I used to smoke for about two years. No one made me start and no one made me quit.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I smoke cigarettes. What are sigarettes?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DIRTYDONKEY

I'm hearing ya man. I'm 30 and have smoked for 15 years. I'm hoping the chop chop will ween me off the nicotine and then I can quit for good.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by DIRTYDONKEY

I'm hearing ya man. I'm 30 and have smoked for 15 years. I'm hoping the chop chop will ween me off the nicotine and then I can quit for good.

I notice you totally ignored my whole post............

If you lack the conviction to stop smoking while they are legal, and think them being illegal is gonna make you stop......then you are mistaken........

Again.......your whole post was blaming someone else other than yourself...........

I can see clearly why its hard for you to quit...........you dont seem to have any personal responsibility involved in it.......

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
E cigarettes are the answer. They'll give you the crutch to get off tobacco.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK

Have been using one for over a year now..........i love it...........

Why? because i liked to smoke, and found it relaxing but i didnt like all the carcinogens...........

My taste came back, my smell came back, I no longer have any issues running, or breathing for that matter........

Had a check up lately and my lungs are fantastic.......plus.......i stil get my nicotine

great thing about them is you can adjust your nic content and wean yourself to 0 if you like............

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I tried them, used them for a couple of months actually. They were cheaper than cigarettes and gave me my nicotine fix.

I am still smoking real cigarettes.

The E-cigs just aren't the same.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

I tried them, used them for a couple of months actually. They were cheaper than cigarettes and gave me my nicotine fix.

I am still smoking real cigarettes.

The E-cigs just aren't the same.

so try something different.........do your research.........buying the throw away crap in the stores doesnt cut it........

Get an actual kit like the EGO........or buy something with a bigger battery and a larger tank.....

Change the juice flavor.........and up the nicotine content.......

I tell you right now i get more smoke outa this thing then a cig any day......its more like a pipe........

I started with an Ego.........

Stay away from the lil cig shapped pieces of crap in the boxes......my aunt and uncle smoked for over 30 years, I know have both of them, and their best friend and his wife......and another cousin and his wife converted...........all have been cig free for 6 months

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join