It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fewer Voting Errors Likely This November

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I hope they are right about this, another controversial election will make us look worse to the rest of the world! A" superpower" like the US who can't figure out how to count the votes correctly!

The vote count in this year's presidential election should be far more accurate and comprehensive than the controversial election of 2000, a USA TODAY analysis found.

aolsvc.news.aol.com...

More than 1.9 million ballots were disqualified in 2000 because they registered multiple presidential votes or none when run through vote-counting machines.

The rate of voter error - about 2% of ballots - should be slashed drastically this year because of better ballot design, new voting machines and voter education, say election officials and political scientists who track voting habits.

"We learned a lot about the causes of voter error in 2000. I wouldn't be surprised if the error rate was cut in half," says Philip Klinkner, co-author of a Harvard University report on spoiled ballots in the 2000 election.

The dramatic improvement in procedures has been overshadowed in this close presidential race by controversy over the accuracy of official lists of eligible voters. But the number of ballots involved in these disputes is small compared with the ballots discarded nationwide in 2000 because of errors by voters.

I know Florida will be watched very closely, lets hope it goes smoothly there and throughout the rest of the country.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeeze louise
The rate of voter error - about 2% of ballots - should be slashed drastically this year because of better ballot design, new voting machines and voter education, say election officials and political scientists who track voting habits.

Unfortunately you have been sucked in pretty badly, and it may be that you have not read up on the in-built flaws and manipulability of software in the corrupt Diebold machines.

Diebold is the manufacturer of machines designed to defraud voters, and to leave no paper trails. The CEO of the company has promised to deliver Ohio to incumbent "president" Bush. When confronted on the performance and malfeasance of its machines, the company has developed effective patterns of ducking for cover and hiding its inherent corruption.

If you wish, read up on Diebold, Bev Harris and black box voting at ATS and all about the www, rather than the propaganda shoved down your throat for such easy consumption.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I sure hope this is true but am highly sceptical, I mean look at the cry's of foul already BEFORE the vote.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Diebold is the manufacturer of machines designed to defraud voters, and to leave no paper trails.

Yeah. I'm not sure how anyone can think it's a good idea not to have a paper trail for those electronic voting machines. Just blows my mind really, especially after what happened with the 2000 election.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Yeah we here on the other side on the planet are expecting a higly controversial election result...

These Diebold machines have been reported on here as well and they seem highly suspicious. I cant believe a company such conservative values is allowed to supply a machine for the ballots... If it was a liberal company who had done this it would be just as wrong.

Elections should be fair and impartial and all these scandals are just going to undermin the legitimacy of the elections.

top topics

join