It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans could make contact with alien life within 12 years

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

LONDON: Humans could make contact with alien life within 12 years, with the aid of the world's largest radio telescope, a leading UFO expert has claimed.

One of the key questions, whether extra-terrestrial life exists, could be answered by 2024 with the development of a supersized 1.3 billion pounds radio telescope, the Daily Express reported.

The development of the Square Kilometer Array (SKA) telescope will unleash "new and exciting possibilities", according to former UK ministry of defence UFO Project leader, Nick Pope.

"I will be controversial and give you an exact year of when I believe first confirmation of contact will be made - and that is 2024, the year in which if everything goes according to plan the Square Kilometre Array will be fully operational," Pope, who studied UFO sightings at the MoD for 21 years, said.

The Times of India

This sounds quite interesting but anything to do with Nick Pope usually makes me think long and hard as to whether he's being genuine. Hopefully we do have some proof that life is really out there in the near future. It would be amazing to have contact with aliens from another planet recorded and played to the skeptics. I also find it interesting how much money is being invested in this project.
edit on 25-12-2012 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I've always considered "contact" as a two way interaction.

Receiving a radiosignal is just that - receiving a signal. It will be confirmation of the precense of other intelligent life in the universe, but for all we know, the time it has taken the signal to get here is enough for them to have died out.
edit on 25-12-2012 by HolgerTheDane2 because: OH! Happy holiday

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Thats what they also said twelve years ago.......

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
My friend,

Some people already have and we don't need a telescope or such like to meet them.

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Interesting, I wonder what evidence man still needs until he believes, maybe seeing is believing and as we search the cosmos we find life, only to discover they found us millions of years before.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiro
Some people already have and we don't need a telescope or such like to meet them.

I really don't believe this. I even have a friend who has said he met them and I refuse to believe it.

There is no reason to believe Aliens would simply communicate with a bunch of humans for no reason..

Mass contact, or no contact at all..

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

I really don't believe this. I even have a friend who has said he met them and I refuse to believe it.

There is no reason to believe Aliens would simply communicate with a bunch of humans for no reason..

I disagree. Mass contact or no contact? Some people honestly cannot and will not accept the fact they are already here and walking among us. An "alien" could be within a foot and they'd still see nothing.

There are so many different type of "extra terrestrials" that it would be impossible for a "Mass" contact because the overwhelming amount of Humanoid, Non-Humanoid, Light Beings, and Negative Entities that it would be near impossible for everyone to understand. People would kill themselves, go crazy, try to "save" their families.

There are some people who are far more awake than others and this is why they are chosen to have that exposure. Not everyone could physically and emotionally handle the fact we're not alone and not just some random mutation. Or that their "God" is not actually a man sitting in a throne awaiting us in the clouds.

link   

edit on 25/12/2012 by clairvoyantrose because: terrible internet connection -- triple post

link   

edit on 25/12/2012 by clairvoyantrose because: terrible internet connection -- triple post

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
My Friend,

Originally posted by yourmaker

I don't expect you to. I don't expect you to believe your friend. When you make contact yourself, then you will believe it.

There is a reason for them to make contact and until you do, you would not understand, or at the very least want to understand.

We don't need mass contact to know we have been contacted.

I have said all of the above based on my own personal experience of dreams, meditation and remote viewing. Seventeen years experience.

And no, I wont even entertain trying to prove it to you, I possibly couldn't

Be safe be well

Spiro

edit on 25-12-2012 by Spiro because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It wouldnt matter if they made contact, the rest of us would be kept in the dark.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by clairvoyantrose
There are some people who are far more awake than others and this is why they are chosen to have that exposure. Not everyone could physically and emotionally handle the fact we're not alone and not just some random mutation. Or that their "God" is not actually a man sitting in a throne awaiting us in the clouds.

This is a great reply, thank you

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I would have to agree with ^
The majority of people are just not ready for disclosure. There could be chaos in the streets as this would basically question religion as a whole, and there are enough extremists on all ends to take this not so warmly to heart.
Personally I think we will have contact before 12 years only because of the growing increase in sightings and unexplained mysteries regarding these visitors.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by mikeone718
It wouldnt matter if they made contact, the rest of us would be kept in the dark.

Don't rely on others to make it known for you. make contact yourself. Meditate, practice remote viewing and with success you will be rewarded

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I think people are ready to know the Truth ! I believe people are. you need to ask who is stopping us from knowing the truth and why

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikeone718

maybe the rest are already in the dark, time to advance earth man, wake up!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by ProfessorT
"I will be controversial and give you an exact year of when I believe first confirmation of contact will be made - and that is 2024, the year in which if everything goes according to plan the Square Kilometre Array will be fully operational," Pope, who studied UFO sightings at the MoD for 21 years, said.

I have a problem with this quote. Firstly, how can contact be made through finding a radio signal [if they even reply via radio signals] and secondly, I fear this is another hype to brainwash people into believing, warranting followers over the next 12 years for nothing but a launch of a new telescope. I just cant see it.

Thirdly, what does he know what we don't and why wait until then to tell us, if he does know something then who is giving him the information to share it then?

Personally, I believe if humanity were allowed to advance spiritually and not be controlled by fear etc then we would all have the opportunity to make contact ourselves, like some of us have already.

Great post though, I can see some benefits of it.... I think lol

Be safe be well

Spiro
edit on 25-12-2012 by Spiro because: spelling, someone stole my dictionary.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
What do you think would happen if they made contact with aliens? Ill tell you what would happen. We would not get to know about it thats what. The government would be all over it like stink on s**t

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Humans could make contact with alien life within 12 years

Yeah......semantically speaking we might with them in 12 years but they've already with us.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

Thanks dear. Good to know someone is walking along the same path I am.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join