It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Religion/God is worshiped on other life bearing Planets IN the Milky Way Galaxy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Which Religion/God is worshiped on other life bearing Planets IN the Milky Way Galaxy? One, All, None, Why?

I began wondering about this a long time ago, but with recent reports that Earth-like planets in hospitable zones on stars as close as 12 light years away do exist, I wonder what people here on Earth, would suspect is the most prevalent Religion/God worshiped by beings on other planets in our Milky Way?

Would Christians say that, of coarse if there are beings on other planets, then "their" God made them as well, and therefore they would all be Christians? Would believers of Islam or Hindu make the same claim?

Isn't there really only one True God, if any, and if so, doesn't that mean that all the other Religions/Gods are not really REAL? Wouldn't that also mean that much suffering and death has been created by people that are wrong?

When other LIFE is eventually discovered just in this Galaxy alone, and if it is also discovered that NONE of the Religions of Earth are worshiped or celebrated by these beings, will that simply end the fued, or start the argument/fight/WARS all over again?

How will any one subscriber to their preferred Belief/Religion be able to KNOW why "their" God never mentioned other worlds/beings in the teachings of His prophets? Or would each Religion here on Earth expect to learn that their "winning" Religion, was indeed spread to all other Worlds/Beings, just as they believe it was spread to them, here on Earth? Perhaps it would vary, the "winning" Religion, by Galaxy, until every Being is "converted" to one God?

Did GOD make Man in his image, or did Man make GOD in their image? I suspect the latter to be more true, but regardless, I ask these questions in hopes someone, anyone, will have a good answer. What troubles me most is all the fighting over whose GOD is THE GOD, and all the killing and suffering inflicted in this GODS very name?

Would THE GOD, the Right God, if he exists as described by the "winning" faith, approve of all of this bickering, turmoil and death, going on here on our home planet, let alone the potential wars and death and suffering that would be inflicted on other Worldly Beings if indeed they never got the "message" that THE GOD made this entire universe, for Earthlings? (that is what any single Religion states/believes, right?)

Science now expects more planets than stars exist in each Galaxy, including our own. What do the beings of those worlds Worship as GOD? Your God, your enemies God, or none of the above? Or perhaps their own God?

Will it take such a discovery of life elsewhere for fanatical people of any and all Religions to see how thoughtless and actually how Sacrilegious their beliefs truly are? I imagine THE GOD that made everything, Everyone, in this Universe, would see all Religions as Sacrilegious by definition.

I see THIS TASK of bringing all people of every Faith together to allow each other their Beliefs/Faith to be worshipped in PEACE, as the ONLY major obstacle of the survival, of Mankind, of Beingkind. Hmmmm, Being Kind, there is a start.
edit on 24-12-2012 by AlchemistSwami because: subject text slightly too long

edit on 24-12-2012 by AlchemistSwami because: I spelled many words wrong while hastily typing this out

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Well of course it's not going to be anything we've heard of. If there are intelligent beings then they may very well have their own religion(s), probably based around their sun. They might not have one at all because they might not have the same feelings and thought processes as us, it's very hard to speculate because all we know is human. If they're very advance then they probably left religion behind and studied science, which is where we're going when we eventually break free of primitive belief systems. Maybe they have studied the universe and worship something to do with it's creation, religion doesn't have to have a creator as such.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Depends whatever they decided to make up and how gullible their populations are....

No offence, but how can there possible be an answer to this question? Are you expecting an alien to chime in and tell you "God"?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

No offence taken. I do not expect anyone knows the answer, and especially hope anyone that considers them self to be Religious, will read this and give us their thoughts. It is meant to be sort of tongue in cheek, sarcasm, as toword what was so perfectly commented by Spearmint of their "primitive" belief systems.

Thank You for your reply!
edit on 24-12-2012 by AlchemistSwami because: my spelling today is ineffable

edit on 24-12-2012 by AlchemistSwami because: meant to mention Spearmint as mentioning primitive belief systems in the comment before oops

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
With the odd exception, I think most the religions of Earth worship the same God, just different takes on the story.

I know that this is true of at least Jewish, Christian and Muslim faiths.

I would imagine if religion started on another planet, it might follow the same pattern based on astronomical features.
edit on 24/12/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
With the odd exception, I think most the religions of Earth worship the same God, just different takes on the story.

I know that this is true of at least Jewish, Christian and Muslim faiths.

I would imagine if religion started on another planet, it might follow the same pattern based on astronomical features.
edit on 24/12/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

No where near most, not even in the major ones. There are hundreds, maybe thousands of religions and over 2000 gods. Of course, whatever religion someone may be is the correct one though.

There's no way another planet would even come close Christianity and the like, it's one of the most far fetched things ever created, yet people are still gullible enough to believe it even in this day and age.
edit on 24-12-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

That's why I followed up with "I know this is true of at least...."

I should have said most people given that Christianity and Islam are the two largest faiths, together they take up over 50% of the worlds believers, and then you have Judaism on top of that.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
They would all worship the mighty & powerful Spode! All hail the great Spode!

Points to whoever knows where that came from, lol.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AlchemistSwami

Which Religion/God is worshiped on other life bearing Planets IN the Milky Way Galaxy? One, All, None, Why?

It is all of the same God, but each group will have their own version of him. Just as each group down here think of him in their own way.

Isn't there really only one True God, if any, and if so, doesn't that mean that all the other Religions/Gods are not really REAL? Wouldn't that also mean that much suffering and death has been created by people that are wrong?

This is of correct. Each major religion just looks at him differently and coin their own attributes unto him.

When other LIFE is eventually discovered just in this Galaxy alone, and if it is also discovered that NONE of the Religions of Earth are worshiped or celebrated by these beings, will that simply end the fued, or start the argument/fight/WARS all over again?

Closer to the end of this cycle, man will be shown of the other places. This is for when all is done and others speak of the other places, they will know.

How will any one subscriber to their preferred Belief/Religion be able to KNOW why "their" God never mentioned other worlds/beings in the teachings of His prophets?

Man is to not know of the other places, as to keep him from interfering and the spread of knowledge. Each place has its own set of parameters set up, so Father can test each one in a different way.

Did GOD make Man in his image, or did Man make GOD in their image?

In the physical appearance it would be the former, as far as teachings down here, it would be the latter.

Would THE GOD, the Right God, if he exists as described by the "winning" faith, approve of all of this bickering, turmoil and death, going on here on our home planet, let alone the potential wars and death and suffering that would be inflicted on other Worldly Beings if indeed they never got the "message" that THE GOD made this entire universe, for Earthlings? (that is what any single Religion states/believes, right?)

You can't really say approve or disapprove, it just what is. Father knew would the current design, that this would be the events that take place here.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ArrowsNV

Is that an a Spore reference???

I had alot of fun with the game but never played with the religious weapons, I went financial or military
The time I spent ( wasted) making creatures..... *sigh*
edit on 24-12-2012 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I would assume that if an advance civilization was to worship anything then maybe the Sun. I don't have a religion but if I did it would be the Sun. The Sun is a real thing which sustains our life. Without it we would surely die. The planets revolve around the Sun ... it is the center piece.

All hail the Sun.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

For us there is only One God, The Father.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I am in the father, and the father is in me.

YOU are the father.
I am within your head, and you are within mine.
edit on 3-1-2013 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

It indeed wouldn´t be anything we can relate to because religions are influenced by the culture they exist in. And if that differs on our planet between continents, we can surely assume that it would be quite different on another planet.

But you asked the far more interesting question afterwards. Is there a right religion and therefore wrong ones?

That is exactly what through me about religion at first. Every single religion on this planet claims to be the right one. There isn´t a single exception to this rule. If you are religious, let´s say christian, you have automatically accepted that most of the worlds population will suffer an eternity in hellfire without even a chance.

If a boy in rural india doesn´t happen to hear of a christian god during his life, well then it´s his fault. He will burn in hell.

I just couldn´t get my head around that. No matter how you see it and what religion you pick, half the world could live like mother theresa, they´ll still burn in hell. That can´t be right.

I think religion can only really work in a non-connected world, where we don´t really know that hindus, buddhists etc. exist. At least for me that is.

Instead I believe in a god but I don´t see the point of religions as a gatekeeper for that.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Nightaudit because: spelling

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The problem with both religion and atheism is they both subscribe to a prescribed, impersonal set of beliefs (and/or mostly disbeliefs in the case of atheism).

We aren't the essense of what we don't believe, are we? Neither are we the essense of some package of believes shoved down humanitys' throats for millenia.

What we individually and collectively believe. is our unique conscience, our Universal Spirituality.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

How about first finding a planet in our solar system (or not for that matter) that has life and we can talk......

top topics

join