It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's put This To Bed. The Five Worst Shootings Ever Were Not Done By Americans

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

You tell me mate, you seem to be the expert on instruments of death......

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

You're using skewed logic.....yes, you are right that the largest number of people killed in one incident aren't American incidents, but the figures you should be quoting are total number of people killed by guns per capita in any given country.

Just to add...in the light of the tragic incident that has sparked all these threads, from what I can gather I'm not sure what all the posters defending gun rights in the US are really up in arms about (no pun intended) I haven't seen any politicians or the like calling for a ban on guns.....just a tighter control on people obtaining them and the types of guns that are freely available......do you really need AK-47''s and Uzi's?

I'd be interested to hear from US citizens in regard to their opinions on wether gun control is a good or bad thing.....I read somewhere that 99.8% of gun permits/licences are granted in the US.......If that's true is there really only 0.2% of American citizens that aren't responsible enough to own a firearm?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
You know what? I'm out. All I can see is a bunch of gun nuts whinging that others want to take away their right to shoot whomever they choose, whenever they choose with whatever they choose and that the lives of 20 kids, plus countless others, are merely "collateral damage" as long as their right to bear arms is not infringed upon.

Bloody disgusting if you ask me.
edit on 22/12/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

see.. this is what makes you look stupid

we don't have the right to shoot people anytime we want. you can't group innocent people with the crazies that believe it's OK to shoot 20 children and 6 adults. you cant walk into walmart and walk out with a flipping machine gun either!

you should just give up, honestly, just state your opinions and post your facts, then be done with it. you cant change anyone's mind that has theirs made up, especially when resorting to insults when they don't like what you said. enjoy the flame wars you keep starting, and losing, the entertainment value is priceless.

know what the real discussion should be? mental health problems, we have so many drugs being blasted at us on TV for more n more mental problems and they always list side effects as suicide, homicidal thoughts, crazy # like that. also, i wonder how much these crimes have spiked since the spike in meds. but that's another thread. g'day sir

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by christoph

You know what? I'm out. All I can see is a bunch of gun nuts whinging that others want to take away their right to shoot whomever they choose, whenever they choose with whatever they choose and that the lives of 20 kids, plus countless others, are merely "collateral damage" as long as their right to bear arms is not infringed upon.

Bloody disgusting if you ask me.
edit on 22/12/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

see.. this is what makes you look stupid

we don't have the right to shoot people anytime we want. you can't group innocent people with the crazies that believe it's OK to shoot 20 children and 6 adults. you cant walk into walmart and walk out with a flipping machine gun either!

you should just give up, honestly, just state your opinions and post your facts, then be done with it. you cant change anyone's mind that has theirs made up, especially when resorting to insults when they don't like what you said. enjoy the flame wars you keep starting, and losing, the entertainment value is priceless.

know what the real discussion should be? mental health problems, we have so many drugs being blasted at us on TV for more n more mental problems and they always list side effects as suicide, homicidal thoughts, crazy # like that. also, i wonder how much these crimes have spiked since the spike in meds. but that's another thread. g'day sir

Why is it that whenever somebody tells me to "just give up" I get the strong impression that they are losing badly and are grasping at straws to make me "go away"?

And why is it that you pick on me when the gun advocates have been just as strong in their opinions and loudness thereof?

Methinks you are just attempting a crafty way of telling me to piss off and stop interrupting the gun toting group hug

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by christoph

I agree. The social and moral decay combined with increased mental health issues are the problem. They are also reasons why I will keep my guns to protect myself and my family from them.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaesDaemar
Well, as an Australian, our gun laws changed after Martin Bryant and we have had nothing like it since. Sure, you have gang warfare but those people will always find a way to get guns.

This is funny. We changed the laws so joe and jane blow couldnt go on a shooting tear.
But the mob and the street boys.....well we will just have to duck for cover. Priceless
edit on 22-12-2012 by Logarock because: n

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I do walk outside without the fear of getting my head blown off...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JDmOKI

So why do you need assault rifles then?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I think the problem is that most Australians find a need to compare everything to their society. Its almost like you are rubbing stuff in our faces with every post. Its not about Australia!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JDmOKI

What's that got to do with whether or not you need an assault rifle? If Americans don't fear getting their heads blown off by nutjobs then why the need for the rifles in the first place?

And your point about comparing two different cultures goes both ways mate.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I live in the south. The closest police station in 15 mins away. Im also surrounded by meth labs in the woods. I however, don't agree with fully automatic weapons without serious permits attached.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JDmOKI

I'm confused, you said you don't fear going outside and getting your head blown off yet you then speak of methlabs and how close the police station is?

At least you see sense with the full auto control issue

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I don't understand why I can't have conversations with Australians....I don't want to get into another $$$$ throwing competition with one of you. I really just wanna get along. PLEASE

Anyways. I just think that we need better laws/permits and training on how to make our society different and less violent. I just hate seeing people unable to compromise.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JDmOKI

Aussies don't back down, particularly when we think something is nonsense or when we are being treated as inferior (which happens a lot).

We don't take crap is what I am trying to say.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

reply to post by JDmOKI

So why do you need assault rifles then?

Same reason cops around here have them. They have then cause the bad guys have them. And its not fair that only the bad guys get to have them.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Just to clarify, gun control is not gun ban. This point seems to get lost with the gun advocates.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I don't live in a fear filled world just because the MSM tells me to live in fear. If that was the case I would never leave my house. Thats my point

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Some of the non US residents are just being obtuse and combative. Basically running their mouths to hear themselves and their grand "ideas" of how we should regulate ourselves.

.Obviously this whole topic has repetitively been done to death on this site, and in the media. Definitely , there needs to be reform on certain states regarding the sale of weapons. All states should be on the same page. Waiting periods, background checks and so on. No walking out of gun shows, or the parking lots on the same day with weapons.

There is also a HUGE problem with the care of individuals who require help with mental health. Funding has been slashed across the states.

I live in a state that requires extensive background checks and waiting periods to acquire a weapon. That should be required across the board.

This whole thing is a HUGE mess. There are a few "Pry it from my cold dead fingers" gun nuts out there. There is also ALOT of RESPONSIBLE gun owners. Guns will never be taken from us, but regs need to be uniform for all states.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

reply to post by JDmOKI

Aussies don't back down, particularly when we think something is nonsense or when we are being treated as inferior (which happens a lot).

We don't take crap is what I am trying to say.

Yea yous guys are tuff enough. Same stock most of us yanks.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by magilla
Some of the non US residents are just being obtuse and combative. Basically running their mouths to hear themselves and their grand "ideas" of how we should regulate ourselves.

Good to know our opinions are meaningless to you. Sorry for existing, ill go back to my corner of oblivion now and not dare to raise my voice and have an opinion again.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join