It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you really want?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
All right, as anyone who has read the boards or spoken to another person a lot of Bush v. Kerry arguments are being thrown around these days. Most if not all of them are filled with the same old rhetoric and recycled bull. But the one interesting thing I have found that is prevalent throughout such encounters is that a majority of the time people come out and say that they do thing that their candidate is terrible or really not what they are looking for. This is the entire "lesser of two evils" shtick. This always tends to baffle me off because in doing this people are restricting the real change that they want for a temporary possible gain or a less of a loss. I for one have become quite sick of the testicle-twisting stranglehold that the democrats and republicans have on this country and at people who constantly complain that neither are good choices but vote for them anyway, which sadly, allows the two big parties to keep their hold.

Rant aside, the real question here is; if you had a real choice, what would you really like to see happen to this country, its politics, its people, or its policies?

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I for one would love to see the libertarian party begin to replace the republicans at local, state, and congressional levels�after some amount of time become successful at the presidential level�.that would be nice to start.

new topics

join