It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a British Citizen NOT an “English Subject”!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspireMe

We all are, freedom only really comes around when we can vote, every four years.

Hooray 36 hours no sleep and drinking booze.

edit on 17-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Hooray 36 hours no sleep and drinking booze

You’re going to have the world’s worst hang over…..

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I will worry about that tmr

Great thing is I have had 3 cans and I'm smashed
now that is freedom

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CyberTruth

yes,

we are a representative republic.

modeled after the roman republic and the Greek system of law.

like in Rome there was no greater sin than to try to be king of Rome, there was no greater sin in the US than to try and be king of the Americas.

EDIT:
I was just thinking about that as I had a smoke....funny.
edit on 17-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The sharia law thing is just bizarre, that's like saying the us legal system is based on trial by combat... so wrong its almost funny.

As for the citizen/subject debate I think that comes down to weather you feel more loyal to queen or parliament, there are those out there who do still consider themselves the queens subjects even if they are a minority these days.
Personally I am not offended by either term, either way the government still comes around and hits you with big sticks if you don't do what your told.

We do live in something close to a surveillance state though these days not quite Orwellian there is a steady deterioration, given time I could see this as true but the same could be said of america.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

You forgot about British philosophy, your constitution is based largely on the works of John Locke.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

and what was his work based on?

You are right though.....

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

I just want to clear this up legally speaking I am a British citizen not a subject.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I really don't understand what you are saying OP...........look if you are born n bred in Scotland then you are Scottish just the same as me been born n bred in England that makes me English.........show me the people born n bred in British !!!!

Wolfie
edit on 17/12/12 by Wolfie_UK because: forgot a few letters that made up words

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

His work was mostly original, he developed his own philosophical perspectives he is the father of liberalism.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfie_UK

Nationality is a matter of perspective I am a Scottish national but I am a British citizen just like you might be English but you are a British citizen.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
John locke? the guy from lost?

Joking of course, I do agree with the OP (even though I have a soft spot for the Queen she has sent her blood into harms way just like the normal folk)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

You started it and we imported it. We have as many cameras as London now. It is the beginnings of an Orwellian state.

I don't know what it's like in the US. But here in Britain the vast majority of CCTVs are in private hands.

That makes us the exact opposite of 'Orwellian'

The State doesn't watch us, we watch the State!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I am no different , just a subject - citizen controlled just like everyone eles on this planet. My point was who cares what someone calls it- you. you're too sensitive.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
hhhmmm just thought of a question for my brothers and sisters of the UK.
If you were honoured by the queen, Sir, Baron,MBE etc would you accept...
I would,,,,,, Arise Sir Boymonkey of Manchester
I like the sound of that.
edit on 17-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: Drunk

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

well he had some interesting Ideas about how we are a blank slate as far as consciousness and that we are a continuation of it. I have allot more to read from him. I will probably get to it when I am retired, if ever at this rate. ...lol.

but he was influenced by John Milton (poet) to a degree. Either way he was a great mind and he did influence our countries founders.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfie_UK

Britain (formally Albion/Alba) refers to the island now divided into artificial regions known as England, Scotland and Wales. Everyone from those 3 regions are British.

Just as everyone from Queensland, New South Wales and Tasmania are Australian.

Those from Melbourne may consider themselves Victorians. But they are most definitely Australians. ust as those from Cardiff, Manchester and Glasgow are all British.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberTruth

Well In School starting at about age 5

We were all forced to pledge an allegiance to the flag of the US and the republic for which it stands. Kind of funny how nobody refers to the US as a republic anymore. We've been brain beaten into the idea that now we are a democracy.

A republic IS a democracy. What makes it a republic is representative democracy because it is supposed to be a public matter, not the private property of the rulers (as in USSR's state-capitalism). In other words members of the government represent the will of the people.

At least that's the theory, in practice though representative democracy is so easily corruptible.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
firstly I regard myself as a Scottish BritvI am from Scotland but whenever I have to declare my nationality I always say I am “British” (Scottish Brit is rarely an option).

Why?
I mean, why regard yourself as Scottish anymore at all? Why not just Brittish? Isn't that more appopriate?
Weren't you, the English, Irish, etc. all generally Brittish to begin with, before any Kingdoms were created?
You know, coming from the islands of Great Brittian....

I was born in America, but I descended from English and Irish immigrants.. I do not call myself Irish, or English.

Why is it so important that you hang on to your "Scottish" identity?

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
It is so frustrating when Americans or come to that any people for another country call me and my fellow countrymen “English” we are not.

But, you are not quite Scottish anymore either... Sadly. Since 1707.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by defuntion

Two posts above yours explains it persfectly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join