It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long till the east coast needs more money for Sandy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
My mind can only think that the money raised to rebuild will be wasted and citizens and groups will be begging for more money in months. They are saying that donations will be taken out to pay back insurance companies and for the Feds. That money was donated to rebuild. I bet that in a year there will still be damage when there is more than enough money to fix it.

Average citizen : Can I get funds to fix my house?
Feds : Fill out this stack of impossible paperwork and come back in 60 days.

Big Business: Hey this storm killed my profits I demand money!!
Feds: Here's a blank check.

For instance look at NO. It's been years and it's still a dump. Will EC be any different?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

lets be honest
NewO was kinda a dump before Katrina

I don't disagree with ya
on how the money gets distributed
its sickening.

I could use some money right now
although I wasn't really effected by
the hurricane

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
As a tax payer I think it's nice to help someone that is trying to help themselves. Unlike fires and floods in California or NO

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
If they need more money . . . well . . . the pretty piggies at the trough apparently come first . . . .

Obama Sandy aid bill filled with holiday goodies unrelated to storm damage . . . The pork-barrel feast includes more than $8 million to buy cars and equipment for the Homeland Security and Justice departments. It also includes a whopping $150 million for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to dole out to fisheries in Alaska and $2 million for the Smithsonian Institution to repair museum roofs in DC . . . Other big-ticket items in the bill include $207 million for the VA Manhattan Medical Center; $41 million to fix up eight military bases along the storm’s path, including Guantanamo Bay, Cuba; $4 million for repairs at Kennedy Space Center in Florida; $3.3 million for the Plum Island Animal Disease Center and $1.1 million to repair national cemeteries.

I smell BACON

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Yup more and more reports coming out of the gov't and big businesses getting the donations that were for the people and infrastructure and now gov't is out on a shopping spree. How come all these states gets new cars and stuff. It blows my mind. "School flooded we need to repair it" "Hold that thought, I have an idea to fix the school... new cars."

top topics

join