It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWII Pigeon Code Debunked (mostly)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
The note itself is too long to post in the snippet so I'll post it here.

MESSAGE-

Artillery observer at ‘K’ Sector, Normandy. Requested headquarters supplement report. Panzer attack – blitz. West Artillery Observer Tracking Attack.
Lt Knows extra guns are here. Know where local dispatch station is. Determined where Jerry’s headquarters front posts. Right battery headquarters right here.
Found headquarters infantry right here. Final note, confirming, found Jerry’s whereabouts. Go over field notes. Counter measures against Panzers not working. Jerry’s right battery central headquarters here. Artillery observer at ‘K’ sector Normandy. Mortar, infantry attack panzers.
Hit Jerry’s Right or Reserve Battery Here. Already know electrical engineers headquarters. Troops, panzers, batteries, engineers, here. Final note known to headquarters.

BUT they also think: “Maybe these are ‘fillers’ just to confuse the Germans or anyone else who might have got the message. We have written to the Canadian War Museum to see if they can find somebody who understands artillery short forms.”

So it sounds like there's still plenty of room for fun.
Have a great day!
Jake

Also, I really hope I made this thread ok, mods please help if I messed up somehow. Thanks!

[url=http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/10110584.It_s_a_real_coo_as__unbreakable__war_code_found_on_pigeon_in_Portland_is_cracked/]www.dorsetecho.co.uk[ /url]
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 16-12-2012 by Pressthebutton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Brilliant, well done!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Applause to Mr. Walbridge!

At least it was something of importance instead of some nonsense.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Im curious to see what the unbroken part says. It's always great to see such history.

new topics

top topics

join