It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Existence According To Bone - Mind Blown In 3....2....1....

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Excellent presentation of your theory, Boner.

A question....does it have to be a living organism in which we reside? Couldn't it be a piece of rock high up in some remote mountain range.

IOW....a place where our universe is in a somewhat 'safe' location on some planet.

Would rather it be like that....than on a piece of oak wood buring in somebody's fireplace. LOL!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I agree with your theory. If we look at the universe there are common shapes and patterns. Golden mean and all that.

Hey on a side note, you ever read "rule of the bone" in HS? If not get on it, nice little book. One of my favorites. A kind of Catcher in the rye.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75
This is our galaxy....

Can you guess what this is?

Its the shadow of an atom....

Now watch what happens when I lay the picture
of the galaxy over the picture of the atom....

The theory I'm about to present to you is one that I have pondered for years, but it never really held any weight with me until I went looking for that second picture last night.

As the image above illustrates, my colleagues and I at Griffith University have been able to photograph the shadow of an atom for the first time – the culmination of five years of work by our team.

The image, and attendant paper, are published today in the journal Nature Communications.

Source

A basic understanding of how atoms work....

A basic understanding of how our galaxy works....

So in a nutshell, my theory goes like this...

We are living on the surface of a particle....
that is orbiting an electron....
that is orbiting the nucleus of an atom...
that resides in the body of a living organism....

that is living on the surface of a particle....

There was a math scientist who once considered what would be the smallest equation if you dived half with half with half and so on. It was reported that he went totally insane because his mind could not grasp the concept of absolute infinity. I just can't remember his name so if anyone out there does, post it for me. But I too believe that our universe is merely the substance of another, in both directions big and small. In fact just last week I considered that galaxies were atoms in a greater universe. That the black holes in them were merely the nucleus of them. It is all very amazing to me to consider.

edit on 17-12-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Op,

When I learned of the Atom and how it works, the human body's cells and how they work, the Universe and how it works, I then realized we are all connected.

There are many of us who believe the same theory, even my 15 yr old son.

We are the Tree of Life .... many branches.

Check out my signature.

I do however take it a bit further..... Jesus being the first and last Atom/Adam. He says we are in God and God in us and I believe him just as I believe this theory in the Op. It makes perfect sense to ME.

Jenn

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
An atom when broken down is just vibrational energy and it is not solid correct?

But then again everything in our world is made of atoms. The chair I'm sitting on, the table my computer is on and everything else we consider solid. But how can that be? If everything is made of atoms and atoms aren't solid, how can we perceive everything to be solid?

Mind blowing.......

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

This is our galaxy....

The theory I'm about to present to you is one that I have pondered for years, but it never really held any weight with me until I went looking for that second picture last night.

As the image above illustrates, my colleagues and I at Griffith University have been able to photograph the shadow of an atom for the first time – the culmination of five years of work by our team.

The image, and attendant paper, are published today in the journal Nature Communications.

Source

Its an old theory but a good one,

however your theory presents a tower of turtles (look it up) so it makes it no less viable than any other theory that ends in a tower of turtles (most if not all theories)

Not the break through i was hoping for.

fun read though

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Fantastic! S&F for you Op! I have also always pondered this theory ..actually this Idea was very ""popular" between me and my Child hood buddies..but it was usually translated into something "gross later..
This is not a "New" idea per Se but one shared by the "Fractal" community as well..If you break a fractal pattern down with a microscope and zoom in the pattern "repeats" on itself over and over again infinitum..

Great Thread!

edit on 17-12-2012 by DjembeJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

This is our galaxy....

Source

Turtles all the way down.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I've thought of this years ago too, didn't read it anywhere. It just came from observation.

The fact that so many people have thought of this "theory" by themselves is weird. Is it possible that within our collective counciousness lies the big secret? Or is it because we're all dumb monkeys; it's a simple idea and some genius is going to come around someday and show us how dumb that thinking was?

It does fit in well with many philosophies and religions. Even psychedelic drug users report accessing a "universe" inside of them.

Time will tell I guess, S&F OP, great post.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The simpsons explain this so much cooler than you did...

Enjoy
edit on 17-12-2012 by Things because: video fix

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Jenn, I find your connection to be excellent - God is all around, within and without us. That is the essence of what this theory resonates to me. But if you are intelligent enough to see that God is the Whole - why can Christians, and other religious fervists, not also have the intelligence to recognise that the prophets, channels and seers that have previously had the clarity to understand this oneness, and translated it as best they could for the average intelligence levels of their day - into the various books and metaphorical analaogies that carried this enlightenment, see that to adhere to such folklorish interptretations NOW, is detrimental to the greater undertsanding of this insight?

I have no beef with self-peace within any religion, but clearly not evolving your religion or seeing it's inception as tailored purely to the time, is NOT the cleverist position to take. If you can grasp that some people do have insight and clarity of vision (Jesus, Mohammed, Abraham, Buddha), and that as a whole mankind does become wiser to his predicament in time, why can you not let go of scripture and accept a more scienntific theory of God, as a universal driver rather than a sentient being that realy wants us to smite in very particualr moral circumstances, some now actually even redundant - and so on, and on....?

This is the problem most relgious folk have with us atheists - they interpret our dismissal of the validity of scripture as being non-beleivers. But that is not what atheists or agnostics really feel - many pursue other avenues of philosophy and do indeed 'feel' there is some unexplained oneness - but we prefer to recognise this as 'undiscovered science'.

Electricity has been around since before humans of course, but our understanding of it as a universal force continues to grow. Gravity is the most prevalent natural force yet our understanding of it remains thin at best, really. But we no longer think the boogey man put it there. If your government and piers that 'seem. to be intelligent in many other fields still referred to the 'boogeyman's force of gravity' they would be laughted at.

Why can people not unravel their cultural beleifs, why do you have to layer your otherwise perfectly capable intelligence ON TOP OF defunct analogies to explain existence?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by RamsOnTop
An atom when broken down is just vibrational energy and it is not solid correct?

But then again everything in our world is made of atoms. The chair I'm sitting on, the table my computer is on and everything else we consider solid. But how can that be? If everything is made of atoms and atoms aren't solid, how can we perceive everything to be solid?

Mind blowing.......

It is said that every single thing emits electromagnetic radiation. In my opinion everything is a wave and when the light shines on each "thing" it is then safe to say "it" may then be seen in a "different light".

Its all about perception, so by raising your personal vibration (wave of light maybe) you can then perceive more in a different light. lol

I dunno.....

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Forgive me OP, I am having one problem grasping your thoery I hope you can explain:

Depending on which history you believe, ie: Biblical or Darwin, humans have existed either 6000 years or hundreds of thousands respectively.

We know of no beings capable of living either of those amounts of time, so how is it our "host" hasn't met their end and died yet?? If our host was dead...we would be as well by proxy.

I find it impossible we could be on an inanimate object as well because inanimate objects are not conducive for colonies of germs and microbes, therefore any atoms associated with those colonies would cease to exist in a matter of minutes...meaning we as humans would not have nearly enough time to be where we currently are as a species correct?

Also, if we are but one atom of some greater "thing", it would suggest that the Universe as a whole is THAT THING right? That also holds no water as there are far too many spaces between the galaxies(atoms) to produce anything that is tangible or alive. Any object, living or otherwise, is packed....packed very tightly with atoms. In the case of the universe, nothing is tightly packaged.

Not in any way being smarmy or condescending, Im just limited on my knowledge of Science as a whole and curious as to how these questions will be answered.

S+F

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
"Is it possible that within our collective counciousness lies the big secret?"

Nail, hammer, hit. It's called The Wisdom of Crowds. No one person has the answer, but the collectively we very often seem to.

Some people get closer to the number of beans in the jar than others though, but this ability is not being trained or nurtured - we just wait for freaks like Buddha, Mohammed and Jesus (and me) to come along with the latest nearest 'model'.

Is human society itself about to become sentient and self-aware. Fear not for SkyLab AI - what about our species becoming concious of itself?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Its a holographic Universe

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomenOlder than that... I read a book "Atta -title" in the fifties with this same scenario. The book was from the school library and old then. I used to think about the Galaxy-Atom thing a lot.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

sounds like Turtles All The Way Down en.wikipedia.org...

actually the only thing not bound by this conundrum is consciousness and I'll wager some species are more adept at fully expressing their consciousness than others. a sort of "spirits all the way down" kind of thing.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Ever since I was a child, not even knowing too much about atoms and how they work I had a feeling there were different levels of existence. That others would be far bigger than us and others again far smaller. It comes as a relief to think that others believe it too. Very well done!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

But if you are intelligent enough to see that God is the Whole - why can Christians, and other religious fervists, not also have the intelligence to recognise that the prophets, channels and seers that have previously had the clarity to understand this oneness, and translated it as best they could for the average intelligence levels of their day - into the various books and metaphorical analaogies that carried this enlightenment, see that to adhere to such folklorish interptretations NOW, is detrimental to the greater undertsanding of this insight?
reply to post by RiftValleyKid

I wish I knew.

From what I have observed, the Religious person relies on a teacher who is human (in error) of which implies and indoctrinates their own personal belief onto another. It trickles down and then people are confused, yet do not question. They hold them self up on a pedestal and look down upon others.

I am a "why" person.... always looking for another piece to the puzzle. Since I was a small child I could sense what did not add up and seeked the answer for myself. The ride has been fun and the deciphering has been a challenge, one that I LOVE. For myself, its been simple, yet hours and hours of study and investigation. When I read Jesus saying we should seek.... I believed him. Why? It felt "right" to do so. He is someone I trust because he has shown me through his Word that he is the only man who holds the Truth. When I read the Bible.... it is on a cosmic level, nothing less.

Word's are interchangeable and have various meanings, this is evident. A preacher can tell me what a word means to him and his congregation but i have the right to decide what it means according to my own conviction of said word. See?

I hold no religion.

why can you not let go of scripture and accept a more scientific theory of God, as a universal driver rather than a sentient being that really wants us to smite in very particular moral circumstances, some now actually even redundant - and so on, and on....?

I cannot let go of Truth (Jesus as the first and last who represents us ALL as ONE). I can indeed envision "God" as a force that does not hold human traits as man wants us to believe. I also do envision "God" to be the driver.... the mover. The most intelligent light there is. He is the creator of Science and it is Science that I relied on in my darkest of hours when I laid the Bible down years ago. It was science that lead me back to the Creator of all within one. I read ten books a week for five years and didn't live much.... just read and sought out what I wanted to "know".

God can be "experienced" not seen. Its not like He is a He. "He" is the only way we can relate however it could be said God is not a He or a thing.... Force is more like it but the human brain has a hard time wrapping their mind around such an idea.

'undiscovered science'.

I love pondering undiscovered science and the way I discover is with ALL knowledge no matter how goofy it may seem, it is a player in this game of life just the same. Its important within its own right.

Folk-lore is human his-story. For some it is nothing but myth and for some it is as real as life itself. It is a part of us and a part of our story of experience. What makes sense to me will not make sense to another... and its their own right and their own journey that dictates such and I am well aware of that.

But we no longer think the boogey man put it there. If your government and piers that 'seem. to be intelligent in many other fields still referred to the 'boogeyman's force of gravity' they would be laughted at.

The play of words.... its a game.

Boogeyman for instance is the same game as Santa, the tooth fairy, the spaghetti monster and so on. BUT.... the coin is always a flip away from being looked at with a different light and seeing another image.

Science has come along way. There are MANY scientists who believe more so now that there is a singularity which many call God. MANY!!!! Why is this you think? I think it is the same reason as I. It just makes sense on a grand scale.

Everything reflects like a mirror. There is light and the light is good. It allows one to see an image of which an experience can be had. In the law of experience each angle has to be perceived for one to know there is such an angle. It all "matters" (matter as in science). Each way of thinking and or perceiving is only done in light. So.... when Jesus said "Its Finished", I believe him because I have proven his words to be true (my angle of perception) via science.

Light=existence=experience
Void=nothing

I have to believe in light because it is so. Guess who speaks of the light on a grand scale?

His-Story = All stories

Jesus is a mere reflection of all and so is the Universe the reflection of the all. From my angle.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by RiftValleyKid
"Is it possible that within our collective counciousness lies the big secret?"

Nail, hammer, hit. It's called The Wisdom of Crowds. No one person has the answer, but the collectively we very often seem to.

Some people get closer to the number of beans in the jar than others though, but this ability is not being trained or nurtured - we just wait for freaks like Buddha, Mohammed and Jesus (and me) to come along with the latest nearest 'model'.

Is human society itself about to become sentient and self-aware. Fear not for SkyLab AI - what about our species becoming concious of itself?

I love it!!!!!!!!!!! Love the thinking we can do and experience!!!

Conscious of ITSELF is a way for the creation to know itself, isnt it?

How do you know yourself? You have to step outside of yourself, don't you and see your self from another's eyes, another's angle and with each angle there is a point of VIEW.

This is in my opinion what "God" did when he came outside himself and SPLIT like an ATOM...... BANG..... pop goes the Universe.

He GAVE life and this is why Jesus in all he does and says is giving. When he gave his life via his experience and story as the man Jesus he showed us.... he reflected all of man and his role here on Earth.

When Jesus split (Adam/Atom) the races of man were birthed.

I gotta stop.... lol I know its something that excites and interests me from pov of learning over the years but I do understand my journey is not anothers and so I am surley not only confusing some but also making others mad. Its not my intent.... Sometimes I am a teacher and sometimes I am a student. It is what it is. I am who I am.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join