It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you'll never hear about what i did today

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OGOldGreg
Become a super hero?

I hear the pay is crap. But the benefits aren't bad.

Wanna audition for sidekick?

Oh, and the retirement is murder.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
My online confidence is stronger than my confidence face to face. I hope someone notices how tough I am.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
im reading your post from your own words and still dont have an f ing clue what you did. even reporters get more facts in than that ^^
so i guess we wont hear what you didnt do because you didnt tell anyone?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi

Originally posted by JessePacificNW
What type of work are you looking for and in what general area/part of the state?

Hero.

Stepping in to save the day to raptures and applause from all the nation for being a "true American".

Honestly, the more I read on this forum the more I realise just how f*cked up in the head you lot are.

What's more likely to happen is that you'll see something happening, misinterpret it, and end up shooting some innocent person/s.

Just who are you to decide what is right or wrong, to decide the fate of another, even if they are breaking the law, and turn yourself into judge, jury, and executioner.

God, some of you are so arrogant in your belief of your right to impose your beliefs and morals on others, there's no wonder your society is so screwed.

You're not a hero or a "good guy" (as the dumbasses who watch too much Hollywood bilge would put it), you're a danger to yourself and others and need locking away before you kill someone.

He's arrogant huh, what if your sister or mother were being raped in an alley, and he could stop it. Or you walk in a gas station and it is in the process of being robbed, and he walks in right after you, but the guy robbing the place has the gun to your head. Would he be arrogant then?? I think not. Have you not read the whole thread, from what I and other people who have participated in this thread, He is in a rut, If he could just help one person, MAYBE he might get out of it. People like you should just stay in LA-LA Land, because, you obviously don't have a frickin' clue buddy.

Would a female side kick be out of the question??

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
im reading your post from your own words and still dont have an f ing clue what you did. even reporters get more facts in than that ^^
so i guess we wont hear what you didnt do because you didnt tell anyone?

The whole point of thread is that HE DIDN'T have to do anything, is English your first language?? Go back and read the OP. Geee.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Mrgone, I'm sorry I should have let you comment on those posts, But some people???? I see you didn't do anything today either....Good for you!!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mrgone
Meh, I'm fine. And that was the point. This kid in CT was messed up. But wasn't his family doing pretty well financially. I bet I have a couple of more reasons to do something stupid but I don't. My current situation was relevant because even with all the crap I'm going through, the gun isn't the reason I don't flip out

It's because I'm taking care of me the best I can. And doing my best not to ruin anyone else's live while I'm at it
(emphases by me)

Yeah well. As I wrote earlier, you just have not turned crazy YET.

Because it can happen to anyone to go into mental distress. Even you buddy, even you.

And that day, with that weapon that you are so proud of, you could be the next Lanza.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by renegade1179
My online confidence is stronger than my confidence face to face. I hope someone notices how tough I am.

I noticed. Your tough

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepolish1

Originally posted by JessePacificNW
What type of work are you looking for and in what general area/part of the state?

Hero.

Stepping in to save the day to raptures and applause from all the nation for being a "true American".

Honestly, the more I read on this forum the more I realise just how f*cked up in the head you lot are.

What's more likely to happen is that you'll see something happening, misinterpret it, and end up shooting some innocent person/s.

Just who are you to decide what is right or wrong, to decide the fate of another, even if they are breaking the law, and turn yourself into judge, jury, and executioner.

God, some of you are so arrogant in your belief of your right to impose your beliefs and morals on others, there's no wonder your society is so screwed.

You're not a hero or a "good guy" (as the dumbasses who watch too much Hollywood bilge would put it), you're a danger to yourself and others and need locking away before you kill someone.

He's arrogant huh, what if your sister or mother were being raped in an alley, and he could stop it. Or you walk in a gas station and it is in the process of being robbed, and he walks in right after you, but the guy robbing the place has the gun to your head. Would he be arrogant then?? I think not. Have you not read the whole thread, from what I and other people who have participated in this thread, He is in a rut, If he could just help one person, MAYBE he might get out of it. People like you should just stay in LA-LA Land, because, you obviously don't have a frickin' clue buddy.

Would a female side kick be out of the question??

Thanks again for putting yourself into this discussion. In the crosshairs, so to speak.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepolish1
Mrgone, I'm sorry I should have let you comment on those posts, But some people???? I see you didn't do anything today either....Good for you!!

No no, thank you. We all have to sleep and do things off line. Thank you for sticking your neck out for me while I was busy.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpookyVince

Meh, I'm fine. And that was the point. This kid in CT was messed up. But wasn't his family doing pretty well financially. I bet I have a couple of more reasons to do something stupid but I don't. My current situation was relevant because even with all the crap I'm going through, the gun isn't the reason I don't flip out

It's because I'm taking care of me the best I can. And doing my best not to ruin anyone else's live while I'm at it
(emphases by me)

Yeah well. As I wrote earlier, you just have not turned crazy YET.

Because it can happen to anyone to go into mental distress. Even you buddy, even you.

And that day, with that weapon that you are so proud of, you could be the next Lanza.

Lanza? I don't know that word

Anyway, I have hobbies, and creative outlets that allow me to focus my energies in constructive ways. If I want to do something to the world I don't need to resort to violence. I have words. Here. And other places

The gun is a tool for defence. Not for violence

And I can't "turn" crazy because I never was sane

edit on 18-12-2012 by Mrgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I don't want to sound picky, but:

"you'll never hear about what i did today" - well da, I won't HEAR it. Burt read, sure.

I'll also point out that your survival and fighting skills were useless yesterday (which was "today" at one point in time) when me and my friend got attacked by three guys who wanted to get our money. Using our exxxtreme skills of clenching our hands into fists we've managed to rediscuss this matter with them and settled it on them being badly beaten and my friend having a broken arm. And me having several bruises. Where were you? Man? What the hell?

Ok, it was in Poland. Shame your jurisdiction does not extend there.

Jokes aside, it's ncie to see a guy who's willing to use his skills to HELP instead of HURTING people. Props to you, man.
edit on 18-12-2012 by Jelonek because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Funnily enough I had an image in my mind that the OPs favourite movie would be Rambo.

I think more likely it would be 'Unbreakable'. I bet he's seen that one a lot.

edit on 18-12-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

I apologize for not having read the replies previous to this one, but I am pressed for time ATM. If I understand the premise of your OP, it is basically saying "I kept my sanity and did not murder innocent people today - so that is worth notice and appreciation."

Am I correct in this interpretation?

If so, then I offer that simply not being abhorrently evil is not enough. To make a difference one must go a bit further. Give to charity, help out folks who are having trouble, listen to a depressed friend or relative, offer food to the hungry, help clean up a local park, donate time to a youth group, etc...

This is not to suggest you may not already do such things. I only offer that not only will they make a difference in your community - but also within yourself.

Hate is easy, giving is hard, and love is maddeningly complex. But this just shows that the important things in this world take work, sacrifice, and effort.

In ancient Egypt, when someone screwed up, even a Pharaoh, their name was stricken from History ( or as least the attempt was made ). These fools who take the easy way out? Their names are not even worth mentioning, They deserve NO recognition - not even if spoken of in hate and vitriol. They should suffer the ultimate Hell- obscurity and insignificance.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jelonek
I don't want to sound picky, but:

"you'll never hear about what i did today" - well da, I won't HEAR it. Burt read, sure.

I'll also point out that your survival and fighting skills were useless yesterday (which was "today" at one point in time) when me and my friend got attacked by three guys who wanted to get our money. Using our exxxtreme skills of clenching our hands into fists we've managed to rediscuss this matter with them and settled it on them being badly beaten and my friend having a broken arm. And me having several bruises. Where were you? Man? What the hell?

Ok, it was in Poland. Shame your jurisdiction does not extend there.

Jokes aside, it's ncie to see a guy who's willing to use his skills to HELP instead of HURTING people. Props to you, man.
edit on 18-12-2012 by Jelonek because: (no reason given)

Thanks. It really never is about the weapons is it? Is about our desire to live.

The gun has been a focus for a lot of people, like I've said before, I've never had to use it. But I've had to use my fists because the other person stopped listening. In those situations I don't believe that I would have needed to resort to violence if the other guy feared for his life. Some guns just like violence

Years ago I was confronted by a guy who threatened me for no reason. We fought and after knocking some of his teeth out we went in the house and got him a bag of ice. I felt really bad since I didn't know him and he was bleeding and offered to help pay for his face. He looked me right in the eye and refused. He said it was his fault cause he was just out looking for a fight and then thanked me for the time.

Some people are just looking for a fight. I've often wondered if I had been armed then if he could have kept those teeth

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Funnily enough I had an image in my mind that the OPs favourite movie would be Rambo.

Enough to know it was Night's best work. And Jackson's.

My favorite shot is when Willis meets Jackson for the first time. Night really framed that shot well.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Enough to know it was Night's best work. And Jackson's.

My favorite shot is when Willis meets Jackson for the first time. Night really framed that shot well.

It is a fantastic film. I always thought it was his best...Night's I mean.

edit on 18-12-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Mrgone

I apologize for not having read the replies previous to this one, but I am pressed for time ATM. If I understand the premise of your OP, it is basically saying "I kept my sanity and did not murder innocent people today - so that is worth notice and appreciation."

Am I correct in this interpretation?

If so, then I offer that simply not being abhorrently evil is not enough. To make a difference one must go a bit further. Give to charity, help out folks who are having trouble, listen to a depressed friend or relative, offer food to the hungry, help clean up a local park, donate time to a youth group, etc...

This is not to suggest you may not already do such things. I only offer that not only will they make a difference in your community - but also within yourself.

Hate is easy, giving is hard, and love is maddeningly complex. But this just shows that the important things in this world take work, sacrifice, and effort.

In ancient Egypt, when someone screwed up, even a Pharaoh, their name was stricken from History ( or as least the attempt was made ). These fools who take the easy way out? Their names are not even worth mentioning, They deserve NO recognition - not even if spoken of in hate and vitriol. They should suffer the ultimate Hell- obscurity and insignificance.

~Heff

I agree. You may not have read the posts but your on the right track. And no, I wasn't looking for recognition. That was one of my points you missed.

The Egypt comment? I realized I do that myself. I've noticed that in my posts here and on my podcast that I purposely have avoided using our even learning the names of the shooters from all of these incidences. They don't deserve to be remembered.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join