It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family releases dash cam video of a questionable death. (WARNING: GRAPHIC)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Fox40 News Report

"The family of a man killed by a Manteca police officer wants to give the public a chance to decide for itself whether or not the shooting was justified by releasing “dash cam” video of the incident.

The video shows Officer John Moody with his gun drawn, commanding Ernest Duenez Jr. to not move."

Something is fishy for real! I do not know enough about this to decide if I think this is justified, or not? Surely death was not permitted.
edit on 12-14-12 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

dang the police have got to stop killin people

that guy did not have to die

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I got to about the two minute mark. That girl's shrieking of purest pain and agony is going to stay with me forever. Tragic all around. Poorly misjudged by the cop, but I guess like me, her screams will haunt him forever.

edit on 14-12-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Two Manteca police officers have obtained a temporary restraining order against a Lathrop man whose brother was killed in an officerinvolved shooting in June.

www.recordnet.com.../20120124/A_NEWS/120129941

Looks like the brother is out for revenge

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Wow, what is wrong with America? I been saying this a lot lately but our problems are a cultural issue. Something is wrong with us.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The cop is a coward.
That being said why is it so important for you to justify this particular shooting?
Also, you're violating T&C with this video.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

it is very tragic, however you hear the officer yelling at Earnie to stay where he was. so obviosly the officer new him. what was the circumstances leading up to this? Was the officer afraid Earnie had a gun or something? we need all the facts not just a shocking video.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

Absolutely sickening!!!!!!

That cop was at no stage in danger, then at about the 3:30 mark he goes and handcuffs him

If hes dead why handcuff him if hes alive why not try and administer first aid.

The American gun culture is just disgusting

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
i like how they dragged him across the grass and handcuffed him..fawkin pigs make me sick, rendered no assistance and watched him die..guy got tripped up on the seatbelt is why his hand went down..good thing the family puppy wasnt around or they would of killed it as well

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
OMG that was so horrible. The man didn't have a knife! Friggin cop started freaking out. And then towards the end asked for the division's lawyer. I hate friggin cops.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

Considering the theme for the day... I think I'll be the one to start it off...

BUT POLICE NEED THEIR GUNS BANNED!!!!!

I'm definately effected by watching the video and wish I wouldn't have. Because I am effected by it, I know my mind isn't clear enough to make the call as to whether it was justified or not. But as I've been saying all day, banning guns isn't the issue. Maybe better training so the cop could have fired 2 shots accurately to disable him instead of 13 shots wiht his eyes closed. Or maybe that guy could have listened better and stayed in the car instead of jumping out of it. I don't know. But there are a number of things that can be changed before we blame guns.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The sad thing is that this is going to become more and more common. That guy had a vendetta, the guy had a knife, that means you don't have to approach him, hell a tazer would have worked, or pepper spray. He just ran up on that dude and wasted him like it wasn't even a big deal, right outside of his house infront of his loved ones, that's sickening. I guess the people who ride around with guns should be on the lookout, after all this guy only had a knife and he got a clip dumped into him at point blank range. The police don't realize how out-numbered they are, they gotta stop this sh^t.

link   
Did they pull the trigger enough times?

Jesus Christ.

I feel it's best to avoid cops at all costs, they are not here to help me, or protect me.

Iceland is looking like the place to move too.

edit: and that last shot?????????????? DAFUQ??????????? This is not the America I grew up in.

I suppose us the peasant class should know our place right? Submit.... Just looking for the knife he had in his hand.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

link   

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

Oh boy,,obviously this cop new the guy,,,he kept saying ernie don't you move...when ernie got out of the passenger side I believe the officer said drop the knife and then proceeded to shoot him...we have not background story on this and to me it looked like his foot got hung up on something or he was in fact going for a weapon...either way this just stokes the flames or racism..justified or not..

Uggh at 3:33 I believe the officer did cut the seatbelt as you see one officer reach down and presumably cut it, Ernies body then moves a bit...so he may have infact been reaching to unsnag his foot or leg....sheesh
edit on 14-12-2012 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

The officer does in fact ask the other officer to cut it...
edit on 14-12-2012 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
every time i hear/see one of these vids it brings me back to the time i locked myself out of my house and had to get back in through the window.. a passerby called the cops and then 2 members of the "B team" show up with guns drawn peeking around the corner.. i walk outside and the fat one comes around the corner and trips over his foot. thought i was gonna get shot that day.

no apologies, walked around my house saw pics of me and left

one was a fatty and one had a lazy eye, that's why i call em the B team

if they ban guns and citizens cannot own them anymore, neither should the police. lets see how long that lasts.

Originally posted by Komonazmuk

Originally posted by thatonedude
reply to post by 1plusXisto7billion

Actually a "tattle tale" would have reported it.
I simply pointed it out to OP.

cool story.

reported

edit on 15-12-2012 by christoph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Closed for staff review.

top topics

join