It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STOP For A Minute... JUST STOP

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Call me paranoid but i smell a deeper and ugier sublevel to the recent "events" that have staged all around the country....Oregon, Colo.,Waco,Oklahoma, NYC,and elsewhere i may have missed.
I see a Fourth Estate that feeds from the palm of big corporations and big goverment.
I see a small elite getting bloated from the wealth of the nations.
And all around me i see more death and violence everywhere....
I know to the leaders we are simply dumb brutes to be herded like cattle to our various fates.
You stop for a minute........
look around you......really look......
Are you sure all this really IS random?
because i see it fitting the exact pattern of psywar scenarios created to shape the minds of the masses....
Dont you see the mob mentality which is being fomented?
The ugly FB comments?
This world is getting very scary........but it is the goverment i fear most.
There is no one who is NOT heartbroken for those children and adults at that school......
But if this really is the new style of goverment....like operation mockingbird created public opinion....only this has gone too far....once too many times.
Really heff stop and think.................

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
This is 100% spot..Thank you for this Heff ... exactly what I was feeling and I had been growing more and more disgusted/frustrated until I came across your thread and realized someone else is feeling the same way regarding the communities reaction.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Although I do have a thread about guns, it isn't about the shooting. It's something I've been waiting to post after I was allowed to make a thread.

I'm also very angry that people are ranting and raving about the shooting being some kind of conspiracy while these people have lost their children, tiny, small, young little children.

Some of these people need to get a heart and have a little bit of empathy for the loss instead of screaming about it being some big government plot to take their guns away

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The way I see it... Children are MURDERED EVERY DAY....
The story's just dont make the news.

Yes yes, I under stand the difference between children that wear murdered in a school but at the same time....
# like this happens every day, its just not reported. If the masses only knew how dangerous the world is.
So yes I will talk about it politically not giving a damn about the people that wear killed because its apart of life. Accept it... Its not going to change, it never has.
Its nor good or bad its balance.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Yeah...

It's not about guns. Never has been.

It's all about people.

Nothing remarkable about the victims in most cases like this, just average ordinary everyday people that happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. It could happen to anyone. There is no way of knowing exactly when and where lightning strikes...

Unless there are other persons of interest among the deceased victims of mass murders?

The killers however, seem to be fairly interesting. So many unanswered questions.

Remember back a few years ago we were warned about an increase of "lone wolf" attacks?

Makes it seem as if they have been turned loose.

eta: Any way you cut it, this sh*t is total insanity.

edit on 14/12/12 by SlackOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This minimalizing of the loss of life today is sickening. Yes people die everyday. Yes children die everyday. Yes tragedies happen everyday. Just because these things happen everyday doesn't mean we should shrug off what happened today. If nothing else it should make us realize that all life is sacred and as a result we should draw attention to all the tragedies in the world.
edit on 12/14/2012 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
The way I see it... Children are MURDERED EVERY DAY....
The story's just dont make the news.

Yes yes, I under stand the difference between children that wear murdered in a school but at the same time....
# like this happens every day, its just not reported. If the masses only knew how dangerous the world is.
So yes I will talk about it politically not giving a damn about the people that wear killed because its apart of life. Accept it... Its not going to change, it never has.
Its nor good or bad its balance.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

No life lost deserves to be ignored as you so stated. It is also just SICK that you're going to turn a mass death into something totally political without any empathy whatsoever for the families or the situation. It doesn't matter if it immediately affected you or not, it affected many other families that lost their little babies today. You don't turn a catastrophe into a manipulative point for your own selfish little desires. People like you make me sick.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I do not get emotional often - but I am right now.

A school currently sits, somewhere out there, littered with the bodies of dead children. Children, for Gods sake... and, as I try to digest it all, and take it in. I find myself confronted not with a community expressing sympathy, shock, outrage, or a sense of tragedy and loss. I see several flourishing debates about guns and a lot of people more worried about their pistol than they are about human life.

It's like watching people arguing about their inheritance over another persons deathbed. To me it is revolting and could not possibly be more selfish or unsympathetic.

I have only seen one or two threads that seem to show the proper reaction to tragedy. The rest? To me are mired in a form of selfishness and self-interest that stymies and amazes me. To think that the bodies of dead children could be used as a political platform for ideologues. And so instantly.

It's disgusting. Shame.

There is a time and a place for such conversations. This event will likely spark such dialogue. But now? Before their poor bodies are even cold? Before they've been properly buried and their families allowed to mourn? NOW people feel the need to pipe up and start screaming that Obama wants their guns.

I find this reprehensible and deeply disturbing.

If we cannot put down our freaking guns long enough to mourn and bury dead children? Then what is the point to begin with. We're already lost.

Just my very heartbroken .02 cents.

~Heff

I agree 100%. I actually first found out about at about 6:30 tonight, believe it or not.

Perhaps it is the HEARTLESSNESS AND LACK OF EMPATHY of our civilization which causes so many people to snap in the first place.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
There was another group of children victimized today in China

These monsters are so horrible!

My heart and prayers go out to the families here and the families there who have lost the innocent lives

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I was floored and pissed off when I read this Twitter page that was posted in another thread.
The reactions/comments from these people are despicable and an embarrassment as a human being.

How can people be like that????

So cold and heartless...

My husband and I were gone all day and didn't get back until about 7 p.m. and when we saw this unfolding on the news, we sat there and cried. Even though we live 1500 miles or so away, we feel their pain...and this being Christmas time, well need I say more.

Sad and heartbreaking.....

My prayers go out to all those people....

ETA: Didn't put name of the poster that first found the twitter page...if need to, I will.

edit on 14-12-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Heff, Thank You so much for this thread.
After reading through all of the posts today in the threads concerning these tragic recent events, this post was more than needed. Someone needed to say it and you said it best, I believe.
These poor children and their families..we all need time to mourn before arguing over the agendas we believe to be present.
My deepest condolences to everyone effected by this horrid day, the families, friends, by standers, everyone.
I couldn't imagine taking my child to school and them never coming home. It makes my heart hurt.
We all need to support each other and fellow hurting Americans this Christmas, its going to be a hard one..
Star & Flag for this Heff

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

But its also reactionary.

The dictators immediately began screaming for gun confiscations.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Thank you for your post. It takes a step back and paints a portrait of the larger picture.

Sometimes people get so introverted and jaded that they need a post like yours to give them a bit of a shake. Well done, mod and humanitarian. Thank you, Heff. You have a kind soul and a big heart.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Heff, I feel for ya, but the poor little bodies were still warm when Obama stated that we need a national discussion on gun control, several threads popped up concerning gun control.

It looks like the "vultures" were just waiting for a horrific tragedy to start talks about abridging some rights.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The dead don't care what the living do or say. Dead children even less so.

Using natural human grief to distract from the real issues at hand are a convenient way for those it benefits most to divert attention away from their culpability.

The parents of the victims will grieve enough for all of us and surplus. They have a life of grieving ahead of them. We have a lifetime to ensure that such grief does not need to continually take place.

Just sayin'...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I found myself just driving around for an hour at lunch, crying, cursing, banging on my steering wheel, etc. I can tell that having a baby boy now has amplified my empathy in this, and just about anything to do with children, bbut even so, this was so gut-wrenching...the children themselves, their parents, siblings, etc.

When the time for real discussion about these issues comes up, I hope we (as a nation, and as an ATS community) can discuss all angles. I think we all know it goes a lot deeper than either more guns, or less guns, and probably has a heck of a lot more to do with how we, as humans, relate to each other.

So let's grieve, pray, care, hug your kids, etc more than we did yesterday, and let's all try to step up our kindness and caring for everyone. The actions of this guy are dispicable and inexcusable, but I think less people might be pushed to the brink if people were more aware, more caring, and more willing to help the troubled souls out there. More love, less SSRIs, is probably a good start.

My words can begin to express, and my feelings can't begin to grasp the terror of those children, the pain their families (many of whom are sibling children themselves) and others close to them are feeling. As gut-wrenching as this has been for me...I just hope they're all stronger than I think I would be (and I am very strong-willed), because I don't think ai could pull through it with my soul intact.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join