It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESPN Analyst says RG3 is not black enough.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
WSHH - RG3 not black enough

This being on ESPN. Millions watching. It's just another one of those things that make you think, "are we (humans) really this stupid?" Yes we are.
edit on 12-14-12 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

I saw this the other day. most retarded rant I have ever seen on the show (and i've seen some dumb episodes). No point what so ever! He has a white GIRLFRIEND OMG, HE IS A CONSERVATIVE, nope not black. Is it really that important for him to be "black" can't he just be RG3 a young man with a great head on his shouldesr and an awesome rookie year? Why does he have to represent black culture and feed into stereotypes?

I will say this though Steven A's comments about this gave me a little more respect for him.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Is "Uncle Tom's Cabin" stupid?

Fact is there's a bunch of Uncle Toms, and it's not a stupid topic. Not politically correct, sure.
Stupid? I don't think so. The way the guy brought it up and said it was a little stupid, but I don't think the topic itself is. Just how he said it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Would he prefer the man wear pants down to his ass, talk in slang and have gold teeth? He's mad because RG3 abandoned black culture.......failing black culture!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

This is what I hate about the US, we are identified by our skin color. RG3 should be identified as a person first and black very last in the list of importance.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
After 3 days of lambasting people on twitter for calling him on his statements, he was forced to apologize to RG3 and was suspended by ESPN for 30 days if i recall correctly.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

I hate people.

new topics

top topics

join