It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

Agreed, I think she has *some* sort of connection to this school, and perhaps *in the past* she was an aide of some sort when/if they lived closer. I'm just not buying the idea that this woman paid roughly $10 in tolls (BOTH ways, I know, I just did this route a week ago on a trip) and drove 1.5 hours to be an aide in a CT school when there are plenty of school right down the street in Hoboken that need aides. Just sayin'.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

oh i hear ya.. I do not know the area well (never been that far east..) howdy! I think there has been more than a little confusion over who's who and what's what today.. earlier before i went to work they were reporting it was 24 year old Ryan Lanzo who was the shooter.. then they came back and said no it was his brother 20 year old Adam Lanzo who was the shooter.. now can you imagine? Your brother commits this horrific crime and your suddenly not only front and center news but they're saying it was YOU> lots of victims this day so who knows what the real story is or when we may get a clearer picture of it.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00

Originally posted by gottaknow
reply to post by 00nunya00

My understanding is that she was a teacher's aide, but that's just based on the countless reports that she was involved with the school. I've read that she was involved with the school and got the teacher's aide "fact" from the radio. That certainly would muck my theory up if she was, in fact, not connected to the kids somehow, but apparently that fact is not conclusive yet.

Google directions from Hoboken, NJ to Newtown, CT

She was not commuting 1.5 hours to be an aide.

Why would she not have been? When we were in Florida, it took my husband a good hour to get to work, and he's military. My brother-in-law drives about that long daily for his job. I spent close to that, years ago, driving back and forth to and from work. Sometimes, people go where the work is.

Plus, I don't think we have any conclusive data on her position at the school yet. Unless I missed something (certainly possible). In any case, the real question is why did this man do what he did. That, we may never know.

I don't want to imagine what those parents must be feeling right now. 20 children gone. That isn't something you ever really get over. Deepest sympathies to those families.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by angryhulk
I think people just need to accept that this was a troubled man, nothing more, no conspiracies.

A few of you have reiterated that this may be a form of setup by the government. Let me tell you - if the government were desperate to disarm you - they would. More importantly they would do so without the need for meaningless deaths of young innocent children.

You live in/are from Scotland So you should know what happened after the Dunblane Massacre, (for those who Don't know) In the UK it was another horrible tragedy with MANY similarities to this which also happened to lead to a ban on Handguns. Now the main conspiracy is like you say about disarming Americans. Even if this horrific event was not planned by some shady group the result may still be the same in some way, shape or fashion. So that leads back to 'what if' it was planned for that reason.

I'm not saying I agree with it but we are on a conspiracy website and there is a lot of ways things can go.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 15-12-2012 by Taggart because: added link on Dunblane massacre

edit on 15-12-2012 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
America this is just getting stupid and a line needs to be drawn somwhere, either theres a real problem with the people of America or the gun laws are too loose. Something needs to give, this is just madness now. .

We don't hear about this kind of stuff in any other country, its every other week in America. You can say all you want about guns not killing people, I understand that - but its something to do with the general attitude towards firearms that Americans have that must be something to do with the problem.

Liek I said, somethign needs to give, somethign needs to be tackled and stopped and right now you guys are doing nothing about it and this crap is just constant..

So upsetting. . a #ing elementary school. . wtf is wrong with these people.
edit on 14-12-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

This sort of thing happens in a lot more places than just the United States. Remember the 2004 Russian school hostage thing? The Norway shooting? Sheesh, pick any number of places in Africa, daily. It isn't just the U.S. It's all over, because of evil people.
edit on 15-12-2012 by LadyGreenEyes because: removing gun-related comments; after reading the mod request not to post those

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Can anyone confirm WHO lived WHERE? I've got conflicting reports from all sorts of "reputable" news sources saying Nancy Lanza was found dead in her "classroom" (which we know now isn't true), that she was found dead in her home "in CT", that she lived with her son and he lived in Hoboken (though we *think* he was using his estranged brother's ID and that's why they thought he lived in Hoboken? Maybe?) and she was found dead in their house, and that people in this Newtown place had never even seen or met or heard of these kids/family, and others saying they were "disturbed".

What source is everyone working from for the "facts"? Because I can't find any that agree on anything.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Haven't been here in a couple hours.

Went out and got wasted because of the bull# I witnessed today.

Sum it up in a couple sentences please.

Anyone got any info on Fairfield Hills Mental Hospital in Newtown?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Haven't read through all of this yet, though I want to. I missed a lot of it "breaking", as I didn't hear about it till this afternoon. Don't tend to have the television on during the day. At any rate, what I have heard so far is this:

20 children killed
6 adults killed
shooter dead by his own hand
shooter apparently shot his mother before traveling to the school
father and brother of shooter alive, not suspects, and cooperative

...and recently on TV, they aired the initial radio calls, and stated that a teacher reported seeing TWO suspects running past the gym (I think at the rear of the school?)

I have also seen a couple of early stories about the person being handcuffed, that they caught in the woods.

So, a really bad situation, and very likely another suspect out there. One video I watched on Fox (online) stated that they were flying helicopters over the woods nearby, maybe looking for a second shooter. I have no idea if that's the one they caught or not (seems likely, though).

Anyone local in that area that has more current information on that? It is possible that they want to collect all the evidence first, to be sure they can connect someone, before releasing any more information. If there was a second shooter, I hope it's the guy they caught, and they can hold him. Public hanging for something like this sounds about right to me.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

Well you are very lucky then. My school didn't have anything like that, and apparently they have a pretty good budget (they just built a new school building at a cost of 2 million dollars). We had a counciler and a doctor that was really sports med. In earlier schools, I think the teachers gave the kids their dose, maybe a school nurse, but definitely none of the things you are talking about. And we have a population of probably 20+ thousand.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
So here's what CNN says as of 1:30 AM: link

A booklet for Newtown's Bennetts Farm neighborhood indicated that Adam Lanza moved to Connecticut from Kingston, New Hampshire, with his parents and older brother Ryan. He enjoyed soccer, skateboarding and video games, the booklet said.

In September 2009 -- when Adam Lanza was 17 -- his mother and father divorced, court documents show. What happened after that for him isn't clear, except that he lived in the picturesque, 300-year-old Connecticut town. Authorities hadn't divulged many details about Lanza as of Friday night. He had no known criminal record, a law enforcement official said. A member of Lanza's family told investigators that he had a form of autism, according to a law enforcement official, who spoke under condition of anonymity due to the sensitive nature of the investigation.

His father, Peter Lanza, remarried and lived not too far from Newtown, an official said. He was questioned by authorities after the shooting. So, too, was 24-year-old brother Ryan Lanza, who was seen being taken away by police from a residence in Hoboken, New Jersey.

Also:

Yellow crime tape, meanwhile, surrounded the Newtown home that the gunman shared with his mother Nancy Lanza. Law enforcement officers from various agencies streamed in and out. And around 3:15 p.m., an ambulance came to the scene and then left the house. A law enforcement officer has said that Nancy Lanza was found dead at the residence.

And, apparently no one recently knew him, at all, no one who is willing to talk even anonymously with the media:

Alex Israel was in the same class at Newtown High School with Adam Lanza, who lived a few houses down from her. "You could definitely tell he was a genius," Israel told CNN, adding she hadn't talked with him since middle school. "He was really quiet, he kept to himself." Others in Newtown who knew Adam Lanza said they had no inkling he'd ever be responsible for such horror. His former bus driver, Marsha Moskowitz, told CNN affiliate WABC that he was "a nice kid, very polite" like his brother. "It's a shock to even know (the family)," she said. "You can't understand what happened." A former classmate told CNN affiliate WCBS that Lanza "was just a kid" -- not a troublemaker, not anti-social, not suggesting in any way that he could erupt like this.

Former classmate, former bus driver (yeah, my bus driver knew me really well, LOL), former this and that. Even Jared Loughner's more recent friends came out and claimed they knew his nutcase-arse, why no one for such a "nice" kid?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jakesteedha1
Check out terrance McKenna's Timewave theory on this date and notice the large dip.I've been following his work for years and have noticed a strong correlation to events that have happend and his predictions.

Its not even large dip. On 9th and 10th of December, the dip was two times deeper, but did something happen?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Has anyone thought how the shooter got inside if his mother wasn't teacher and didn't had access key? Was she somekind of volunteer having the access key?
edit on 15-12-2012 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

Only about 78 pages of wondering.

Seriously.

The latest story floating around right now is that he may have gone to this elementary school as a kid, but yet of all the teachers, none recognized the name "Lanza" for the mother, let alone remembered this kid or his older brother.
edit on 15-12-2012 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by thebryman

Yeah..
I think it is a very weird case, and I wish they would leave politics out of it for a while. I mean everyone gets fired up when they start talking about stripping away freedoms and people (myself included) argue and never have time to think about the actual event.

I usually am not bothered reading these things that happen far away geographically, because I don't think too much about it, but I stopped to think about it today and after a bit I hit on a thought that bothered me. For some reason, thinking about all the young parents pulling the yet to be wrapped gifts for their kids out of their hiding places bothered me a lot. Made me think about how hard my parents tried to give me great christmases and how they would hide my gifts. That thought got to me.

I don't know what really happened, I don't think guns are to blame, but regardless of what happens, it could have waited. Pro gun advocates are guilty of it too obviously, but I think gun control advocates are the worst because they are the ones lobbying for a change. They make the argument to be countered. Sure, now it's expected, so the people on the otherside try to preempt them, but it's gun control advocates argument and since gun control isn't something I see has necessary I place a little more blame on them. The president, and all the rest should have kept their mouths shut and given people time to think.

The media.. that's a whole other disaster. They are ruining people's lives in their rush to be first. The make it impossible to get the facts which is the opposite of their job.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Fairfield hills mental hospital in newtown,ct

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradism
Fairfield hills mental hospital in newtown,ct

Tell us about it?

Have a link?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
# me, I got a few cousins that go to newtown elementary, been trying to get a hold of my aunt.......

Praying they are alright!

This whole thing is so senseless.....

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by paradism

What's your reason for mentioning this place? Isn't it that spooky derelict place?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
United States is under attack, attack from CIA and their employers.
9/11 has shown the government that manipulating people on mass
is easy.

They are upping the stakes now by going after innocent kids. 5 and 6 year old kids. Just sickening.

And Remember how Holms the movie cinema shooter was all disoriented and confused in court

THIS IS A BRIGHT EDUCATED GUY, looked like he was drugged and not aware where he is.

Government didn't like how Holms looked like in court, so now every shooter will be
programmed to terminate himself/herself after the deed.

edit on 15-12-2012 by JewAgainstZionism because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Sorry, took out what I had here, because of the requests (that I read after posting this) to not discuss the side issues.

On topic - any more news on that other potential suspect? I don't think I have heard anything new since evening news time frame stuff.
edit on 15-12-2012 by LadyGreenEyes because: edited because, while not gun=related, was other-cause/not-cause related, so removing to keep the thread on track

new topics

top topics

<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join