It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love, Peace, and Goodwill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I came across this video on utube and thought what a nice change from all the doom and gloom..Lets look at some Love, Peace, and Goodwill

This thread is about Pearl Fryar's wonderful topiary garden in Bishopville, South Carolina..With no formal training and limited resources, Pearl challenges stereotypes by creating a wonderland of nature.. The topiaries are so intriguing with their curves, angles, and the spaces he creates the message is Love, Peace, and Goodwill..

Pearl began by rescuing discarded plants from the compost pile of local nurseries. Having no horticultural or gardening background, Pearl taught himself, and with patience, care, and skilled hands..

Pearl and his wife, found a house they liked in what happened to be an all white neighborhood, their bid to purchase the place was rejected because, as they were told, their prospective neighbors commented, "black people don't keep up their yards."...

He just kept searching till he found another house he was able to buy he made it his priority to win the local gardening club's 'gardener of the month' award. He knew he needed to do something special to win that prize, so one day he picked up his gardening shears and began shaping the bushes and trees on his property into remarkably inventive topiarie..

This is a very inspiring story..etched into the ground in huge, flower-filled letters are three words: LOVE, PEACE & GOODWILL enjoy..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Nice find and wonderful sentiment. I used to do similar things in my yard, this is Edward scissorhand quality, I had more like a jack does stick drawings quality, lol. Thanks for sharing.

BAW33

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

BrokenAngelWings33
I'm glad you enjoyed it ..Ive never tried doing this kinda thing it looks like allot of keep up plus I'm like you it would be stick people or worse
peace,sugarcooklie1

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Well that was a nice change I will give you that, sadly there seems to be little love and peaces about during 2012, will 2013 be any better? sadly I fear it wont, but no one can remove dreams can they? Have a Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year where ever, who ever you are from UK.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

The Garden of Eden SugarCookie.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

Alternative4u

I don't know if 2013 will be any better but i do have hope for mankind that things will change for the better

Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year to you also hold on to those dreams..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

AthlonSavage
It does remind me of the The Garden of Eden or what it should look like
Id love to have him come and redo my yard
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I also would love one to do my yard. This is motivating me to go hedge some bushes this weekend

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

AthlonSavage

lol i would be motivated also but we have 15 inches of snow on the ground so i will have to wait till summer..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Do some ice carvings!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

BrokenAngelWings33
Good idea im right on it
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I expect proof...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Kudos to Mr. Pearl and his artistic vision and talent! Can you imagine all the thought and work that goes into such endevours? WOW! very impressive!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Night Star
Thanks for posting..I imagine he must have to work on this everyday to keep up thats allot of trimming and mowing ..He lets tourists see the garden for free..Mr Pearl’s garden is a living testament to one man’s firm belief in the results of positive thinking, hard work, and perseverance in my eyes..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

It's a shame threads like this don't get more attention...they would rather focus on ww3.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33

It's a shame threads like this don't get more attention...they would rather focus on ww3.

True, and 2012. This thread does deserve more attention.

new topics

top topics

join