It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey...Hardcore anti-Christians..............or any faith basher's that apply!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Onewhoknowsjesus

I guess I am confused. You hate the people that hate religion, and say that they waste their time by posting hateful comments about other's beliefs? Then you take the time to write a post about stupid athiests and non-believers are?
That makes sense.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ItmustbeTrue

I think they call this the shotgun approach for debating? Shoot a wide pattern at the whole audience...and you're bound to hit and anger at least a few people in the bunch, regardless of side. lol.... It's a heck of a way to open a thread on this topic, of all things..eh?

It's kinda like opening a Debate thread by saying 'I'm 100% and absolutely against abortion!'...''...But those against abortion are simple minded dolts who can't add two and two!'.

Yeah... I'm still kinda confused too.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

What else did you expect, OP? Jesus told you what would happen if you threw pearls before swine, and now you've gone and thrown down the glove?? You did expect to be hammered, right? You might have tried love and respect instead...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onewhoknowsjesus
For as much time as half of you "I don't believe in anything type's" spend belly aching about how Jesus Christ is not real or Christians are evil,judging,people......one might think all you supposed Atheist/devil peeps/science worshipers are some how bothered by what you do not believe in?......hmmmmmm interesting.Why for the love of common sense and a lucrative mind do you insist on making joke's,or attempting to put people down who believe something that stands for good or have moral scrutiny?I for one,if i do not believe in something Im not going to waste time out of my life bashing on it....it makes all of you who do it...and you know who you are....look very stupid.And btw if this world is run by a dark devil god thingy.......I am without a doubt it hates all of you....lol peace out dummies

Fast someone grab the nets, look like we have a GLP escapee on our hands.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

What else did you expect, OP? Jesus told you what would happen if you threw pearls before swine, and now you've gone and thrown down the glove?? You did expect to be hammered, right? You might have tried love and respect instead...
I've used this argument once, the pearls before swine one, but then the bold part conflicted with that, because love and respect does not entail the naming of others as swine.

Pot meets kettle. An eventful day.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

I've used this argument once, the pearls before swine one, but then the bold part conflicted with that, because love and respect does not entail the naming of others as swine.

Pot meets kettle. An eventful day.

Yeah, I thought of that too - my bad. I was speaking to the OP, however, concerning peeps he might be considering "swine." I could have phrased it better...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It takes a really smart person to start a thread about anti-religious people bashing religious people, and then start bashing them in return.

That's how we get stuff done in ATS. Hey, you! I heard you were talking crap about my god! Well, here's what I think of you... *begin Western style Clint Eastwood showdown*

/sarcasm.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

For as much time as half of you "I don't believe in anything type's" spend belly aching about how Jesus Christ is not real or Christians are evil,judging,people......one might think all you supposed Atheist/devil peeps/science worshipers are some how bothered by what you do not believe in?......hmmmmmm interesting.Why for the love of common sense and a lucrative mind do you insist on making joke's,or attempting to put people down who believe something that stands for good or have moral scrutiny?I for one,if i do not believe in something Im not going to waste time out of my life bashing on it....it makes all of you who do it...and you know who you are....look very stupid.And btw if this world is run by a dark devil god thingy.......I am without a doubt it hates all of you....lol peace out dummies

Well, I wonder if you know anything at all about that old saying of the pot calling the kettle black?

Hmmmm? I very much doubt it.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

You don't see people writing books and starting worldwide campaigns trying to get people to give up faith in Santa Claus,

The battle of Good vs Evil must go on as long as this Universe does,

It's Gods will.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
because it is dumbing down society.
too many people have the same simple stupid answer to everything.."God this,God that"
"Everything is a blessing from God"..."I did really well on that test,THANK YOU GOD",things like that for a quick example.People take away the credit of their own hardwork and lay all the effort rest "because God allowed me to do it" or at least that is my problem with it.

Also there is no conversating or arguing with religious folk.
They feel as though you are a sinner to be saved,like because they have their "God" in their life,that makes them always right.
Intelligient people have Science on their side,its not that they are always right...that's what the Scientific Method is for...to show and explain why something is right.Religious people deal in absolutes from what I have seen,totally close minded,nothing left up to discussion or question..
Just blindly following the "light of God"

I won't lie,all religions do teach good morals and have good stories,BUT the people who usually are religious,I feel,have excessive amounts of Fear in their life that they don't even know about and blindly follow the religion out of fear of the reprocussions of NOT following it...which is pretty stupid.

But an intelligient person can go into any religious service or read a religious book and totally understand the lessons and values that are trying to be taught without letting it affect their intelligience or perception.

We just take it all in.
Because we have our own ideas and thoughts as to what everything is,we don't need your "God" or preachers telling us what to believe in.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
People

You know, I'm going to step over a boundary here that I never cross. Its only because Ive seen this type of thread three times in like 2 days of many.

If folks are going to make a thread just to troll people, any people...the thread should be scrapped. This is silly. Its one thing to mention something in passing, if you notice that someone is just clearly bashing, its a whole other to make a whole new thread in an attempt to draw folks out and start a whole tired argument about bashing, where in, you participate in more bashing yourself by inviting the bashers to bash with you in a bashfest of BS. These threads dont contribute, they dont lead to anything positive or promote positive discussion and they don't inform anyone of anything. Why make them? Are moms not breastfeeding anymore or... you know, breastfeeding for too long or...whats the deal?

There actually is a whole forum here and a big big huge world packed with awesome stuff folks can talk about. It really is ok to move on and get over the madness. We dont need (insert bible verse here) in every thread we read nor the tiresome cycle of "I'm being bashed" threads appearing whenever someone gets their little feelings hurt. Damn folks grow some armor. You know, plated, thick heavy armor, that good stuff that makes you say I don't give a sh** so no one has to see these useless threads anymore.

edit on 10-12-2012 by Nephalim because: bleh!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Why did we give the troll three pages of food? Mean really is this even worth commenting on.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jedite
Why did we give the troll three pages of food? Mean really is this even worth commenting on.

Dunno, if you cant beatem join them.

I renounce the trolls!
Trolls eat christians!!

According that movie they really do. Pretty funny movie actually about a trollhunter.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
This feels like a bait thread, I mean look at the OPs name.

Interestingly correlates with this thread.

Why do all these christian topics always get the most attention?
edit on 10-12-2012 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Narcissistic - Check

Illiterate - Check

Unable to have original thought - Check

Treats fellow humans with contempt - Check

Enjoy hell buddy!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
belief is not faith.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Very odd post, but I will reply out of interest.

I wouldn't personally go out of my way to bash anyone of religious belief, but I will put my ideas on it all out there, and debate (in a good manner) with people who are interested. I am not interested in arguing or getting violent over these beliefs though.

But I can understand why people like Richard Dawkins do. In the same way that people who think they know how to do something better will show you how, he believes that they are being blindly led along a path of lies two thousand years old (with Christianity for example).

I believe Science to be the modern day answer to the questions that various religions attempted to answer for centuries, or as close to answering them as possible. I consider the written texts of religion a way of controlling age old societies, and attempting to guide them to a 'better life'. (Of course Wars still happened, people still killed, raped and were generally nasty to others despite religious belief systems).

I would not say that religion has been a totally bad thing for the human race up to the modern day, religious wars/killings/sacrifices apart. It helped to set up social structures and lead us to where we are now. Sadly, I do believe that a lot of brainwashing goes on in children from an early age, just so that the religions will continue to exist.

In the same way that you tell a child that Santa exists, and they believe you, until you tell them he doesn't. If you were to tell a child that, for example, the Bible is true, and Jesus existed, and God exists, until the child was 7, and at the same time tell him God and Santa BOTH don't exist, they would believe you. But the indoctrination of the religious texts continues past that age, no 'that was actually a lie' comes forth.

If the Santa story were to be continued for the next generation, we'd have a generation of adults believing in Santa (lest they be told otherwise.) if you get my drift.

Again, I do not wish to offend anyone, or mock their beliefs, I am merely stating my beliefs.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I poke fun at religious people because I actually, genuinely, sincerely believe they have some form of mental retardation. And I dont believe for an instant that religion has helped make a better world. America, Gods Nation, home of the corrupt coward christians who go to church every sunday but have no idea whats actually going on in the real world. And some your leaders rape children and cover it up.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

one simple question - do you believe in ganesh ? if not why not ?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by tehdouglas
I poke fun at religious people because I actually, genuinely, sincerely believe they have some form of mental retardation. And I dont believe for an instant that religion has helped make a better world. America, Gods Nation, home of the corrupt coward christians who go to church every sunday but have no idea whats actually going on in the real world. And some your leaders rape children and cover it up.

A retardation you say?

I'd say in some cases it's Indoctrination, in the same way that we indoctrinate children to believe that Santa and the Tooth Fairy are real, until we tell them they aren't.

In other cases I'd say it's faith. Maybe someone has found religion because their life has lost meaning, they have a had a bad spell or need some form of structure, some belief of a higher being, or a reason for living.

I'm not religious in the slightest, but you have to respect other peoples beliefs.

Scientifically, we are all probably 'retarded' in the mind in some way or another, otherwise we'd all be clones.

I believe as adults we are the result of our upbringing. What we read, watch, and what we are taught.

If a child was brought up in a cave, with no external input, they would not believe in a god, or a religion, or even science. That's why I will let my child (in the years to come) come upon their decision with regards to it all, I will not indoctrinate them with Richard Dawkins books and tell them that religion is baloney, despite my beliefs, in the same sense, I will not be taking them to a church every Sunday or to a Mosque etc etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join