It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chanukah Guide Acknowledging 2012 phenomenon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I came across something that struck me as very odd today. While visiting a friend who is Jewish, I came across a Chanukah Guide. Because I like to educate myself, and more so because I was curious, I began to read the guide.

On one of the pages I found this:

The Last Word
Some people are waiting for a final, apocalyptic war. But the final war is not a war of destruction and doom. It is not fought on battlefield, nor at sea, nor in the skies above. It is not a war between leaders or nations.

The final war is fought in the heart of each human being, such as you and me.it is fought with the weapons of simple, good deeds and acts of kindness. It is the struggle to fill the world with inner wisdom as the waters cover the ocean floor, to bring the Moshiach and enlighten humankind.

The final war is the battle of Chanukah and the miracle of light. It is happening now and victory lies at the door.

Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I think it does a nice job of pulling together the post-battle story of the oil to the current state of anxiety with a call to action that is personal and provides accountability at the individual level.

Personally I am happy to see people applying their beliefs to the current date and time versus thousands of years ago.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh

Zachariah 4:6

... 'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It doesn't matter what religion you choose; being at peace with yourself is life's ultimate goal.

I'm hoping I can find it.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh

Well, Judaism believes that the Moshiach (messiah) never came. And they may have a point. There were prophesies of the Messiah that were not filled by Jesus Christ in the first century AD. And another detail too. Book of Malachi chap 3.

1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the LORD, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.

The job of Messiah was a 3 man job. And the Lord and the messenger showed up. But the messenger of the covenant didn't. Also there is another prophesy as well. In Zechariah were told that there is 2 branches that build the house of the Lord. There is still a branch waiting to fulfill it's prophesy.

It would appear that there is still a messiah in the wings. Waiting for his cue.

new topics

top topics

join