It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Within ONE Year: Tens of Millions Will Eagerly And Willingly PAY To Relinquish Their Privacy

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

your position can be triangulated using your iPhone.

The pixel based logic in those "smart" cameras on iPhones can recognize facial features and records GPS co-ordinates.

Would you take an Xbox Kinect to a political rally? No!

But you WOULD take an iPhone. One of those things compromises everything around you. The mic, the phone, the GPS, the browser activity.

Imagine all of that data recorded during the March of Millions, or say, the Occupy Wall Street movement.

It exists, somewhere. Maybe with the leprechauns. Maybe for real.

Or how about actual application? You could take all that data and use it to re-define political regions in order to swing votes a certain way.

I remember reading about the "CIA Facebook."

I've always assumed that it was an inside joke. The joke being that there is a centralized database of all the data we release on the internet. For all I know, there is someone reading through all the different things you've said, and where you've been, in some fusion center.

Of course, that is what Snowden said. In so many words. He just left out the "disturbing" parts.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by teachtaire

I completely agree with everything you've said.

Regarding the GPS functions of smart phones, you are dead on... this is another issue that most don't consider - even those who tend to be knowledgeable and active. The price of posting those awesome "anonymous" vids from protests and the like is that the device you used to record them probably absolutely undermined your anonymity, by placing YOU at the event.

These concerns are all links in the same large chain of issues that emerging and cutting edge "convenience" tech is tabling.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Hi Heff,
is it a year later? well almost
Im still not givin up my privacy

edit on 23-7-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Hi Heff,
is it a year later? well almost
Im still not givin up my privacy

edit on 23-7-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

Ahmen!

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Premature... it's not on the market yet!

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Add this to your list. I'd say, this is where things are at, now.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Your identity is compromised and everyone that is filmed has their face automatically recognized and compared against a database.

Then what?

Well, perhaps project Orca and Narwhal have something to do with that? Notice how many people with security clearances were working on those projects?

And then Orca mysteriously falls apart during a critical period of the election cycle.

Fun fact, the lists of people who were of "political interest" had guys from the IRS, FBI, CIA you name it going around door to door acting like canvassers. Don't believe me? Look at social networking sites, they're all talking,

That isn't some guy looking at a computer screen.

That is boots on ground gathering HUMINT and POLINT.

Is it legal? I recon (bad joke,) so.

Do people know? Yes, they know! People aren't stupid.

Do they care? Naw, not really. What time does The Colbert Report come on at?

*note* that I'm not claiming these guys were "on the job" they were merely enacting their rights as Americans to participate in the politics of the area. Just not in the state they vote in, is all. Funny world we live in.
edit on 23-7-2013 by teachtaire because: People are Strange.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Hm, and NO ONE bothered refuting the above statement?

I find that worrying...

If I say something the other posters to this site dislike, they are quick to post corrections.

But if I post something that the other posters of this site agree with, they are unable or unwilling to question their own beliefs.

Just something to reflect on.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join