It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Sperm Count falls by 32%

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
"This constitutes a serious public health warning. The link with the environment particularly needs to be determined," they warned in the European journal Human Reproduction.

Researchers examined data for semen samples provided by 26,609 men at 126 in-vitro fertilisation (IVF) centres in France over 17 years.

The men were partners of women who had blocked or missing Fallopian tubes, meaning that the couples' infertility was not caused by any problem with the man's sperm.

Over this period, the sperm count -- the millions of spermatazoa per millilitre of semen -- fell continuously, by an average annual rate of about 1.9 percent, totalling 32.2 percent.---"

Bangkok Post Link

FOX news

BBC

National Post (Canada)

Before It is News

So what do yall think? Is this a hoax, or have the French become victims of sterilization?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
After carefully considering this evidence.

I would say they just surrendered...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SymbolicLogic

Maybe this is natural selection trying to thin out the numbers so nature can thrive a little more. Everything ends up having a balance, a few million less people a year I think is a good thing.

Our natural resources are going to end up being gone if we all keep multiplying at the rate we are.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I bet it's not just France either...

Laptops and even wi-fi itself have been proven to emit various forms of radiation... think about it for a sec: prices of technolgy, ESPECIALLY laptops, have been decreasing in price in a sort-of exponential factor. And when laptops are practically the same price as desktop systems, which platform do you think most people would prefer? And how again do we use laptops? Oh yeah, on our LAPS, which absorb the brunt of their machine constantly over-heating. This isn't the end either, folks. Pretty soon we'll all be shootin duds for good.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Do they really have a low sperm count or do the sperm just quit halfway?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
wrong thread
edit on 8-12-2012 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Found this in the comments section, If i where the French i would be looking over the border, Easterly direction that is !

"Prof Richard Sharpe, from the University of Edinburgh, said: "Something in our modern lifestyle, diet or environment like chemical exposure, is causing this"

Now the French being the French they have a love off thier cigerates and there wine and pattie (for centurys) so i would rule them out that just leaves "Chemical exposure". Sounds familier to me..

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

What is the average age of the men? Sperm count drops as men age. Sperm count also drops with excess fat storage, poor diet, smoking and other risk factors. Now having your cell phone in your front pocket for long period of time can cause problems because of the heat and so can having a laptop on your lap. Heats up the swimmers and kills em.

top topics

join