It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Did My Pics Go Away?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I have been scrolling through a thread refreshing my memory about past posts. While doing this I noticed that my screenshots that I posted have disappeared.

Here is a screenshot of how the beginning of the post now looks:

Here is a link to the post in question: posted on 03/12/12 @ 05:00 AM

Here is the code that is associated with the two missing screenshots (minus the brackets):

pic hg4f5db86e.JPG /pic

pic uc4f5db878.JPG /pic

Yes, I've deleted them from my ATS uploads, but I've been told you can do that.

I checked scribd.com and the place where I took the screenshots is still intact. That shouldn't make any difference anyway, with a screenshot, correct?

What happened to my pics?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
Yes, I've deleted them from my ATS uploads, but I've been told you can do that.

That's the explanation.

You can deleted them, but if you do they disappear. If you still have the original images you can upload them again, but they will get a different name, so the old links should be replaced with the new ones.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I am fairly certain that I have tested the theory of whether or not you can delete your photo from your uploads once you've posted them.

Are you absolutely certain that they have to remain in your ATS uploads in order to remain in the post?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

The links used on the posts point to the images uploaded to ATS, when those images are removed the links point to nothing.

Sometimes (many times), a browser continues to show an image that does not exist because it finds an image with the same name in the cache and uses that one instead of looking for the image on the server, so even after deleting an image from the ATS uploads area it's possible to see the removed images, but only for the people that had already seen them and only while the browser has that image on the cache. Trying a different image may show that the image does not exist.
edit on 6/12/2012 by ArMaP because: used "one" instead of "on".

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Okay.

Thanks for your help.

new topics

top topics

join