It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coming straight from thhe underground

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Well, not really. I recently came across this article about huge "openings" or sinkholes in the Earth and it got me thinking. Maybe one day when we have destroyed ourselves through War or we are destroyed by a natural calamity, other civilizations will look upon the barren Earth and speculate that lifeforms live underground; same as some speculate with Mars right now. These "holes in the ground" around the world remind me a lot of the giant holes on Mars and this idea does tie-in with some of the different theories I've read here on ATS from underground Alien bases to underground civilizations. Has everything we are experiencing happened before somewhere else and we are just repeating here on Earth? Anyway, here's the link

coolinterestingstuff.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
That's really interesting, if not a bit creepy.. I have thing about open-water and "whats REALLY down there"?

Sort of reminds me of.. bear with me.. Mortal Kombat 2 (movie) where they used tunnels through the Earth to travel via rolley-ball things and wind currents.. yes, my nerd is showing. Bumble-bee Tuna.

But still, very interesting.. perhaps they're vents for the underground human civilizations? I mean, one hole at each of the poles CAN'T be enough to freshen the air for billions of folk down there..

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Fimbulvetr

Hmmm. Mortal Combat movie, huh? Recently, the Total Recall remake from a few years ago had the same thing where there were giant elevators that traveled from one side of the planet to the other. Do all planets have holes in them? Does it tie in to the ending of civilizations where any survivors will naturally retreat underground only to "recycle" and eventually resurface only to start anew?

I think Mother Nature has a way to recycle civilizations from our own built in self destructability. It's happened before and it will happen again.

join