It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoaxing the discovery of Intelligent alien life on Mars.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Hoaxing the discovery of alien life on Mars.

How difficult would it be for NASA to fake such a discovery, fact checking the photos seems difficult and if they were able to show a picture of some ancient Martian ruins it seems like they could use it as a pretense to generate(or hide) large amounts of funding.

We have heard of faked moon landing theories why or what is stopping similar interests from hoaxing the first evidence for alien life?

What could such a hoax accomplish?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Other than it giving them the ability to hide the use of funds, by filtering them through Nasa or some other space agency, i dont see the payoff for them in the long run. The chaos that it would possibly create in the religious sector could be catastrophic to say the least. So why risk it when they can keep funneling money through non existent projects that eat money like a fat man eats cake?? (i.e. space shuttle projects, the war on drugs... ect)

If you can show me one upside to faking life or past life on mars i am all ears but i just dont see an upside at all too it.

thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimsongod21

If you can show me one upside to faking life or past life on mars i am all ears but i just dont see an upside at all too it.

This is what i'm looking for upsides to undertaking such a task, it would seem faking the discovery of something like this could be extremely easy now that most of the population seems to believe that the Mars rover is legit and many are in the "I want to believe" mindset about most things.

Of course incredible amounts of revenue could be generated but perhaps a unified space agency could be set up under the idea it was being used to send astronauts to Mars or begin construction of moon bases for launch sites for the project.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Propogandor

To generate the funding to set up moon bases, or to send "men" to Mars, why would they need to fake life there? they would be better off saying there is gold, jewels and or oil on mars. people would be jumping in line to donate money to help us get there as long as they got royalties from anything brought back. Faking life on Mars would be more of a pain than it needs to be. If it is extra funding for black op projects or for actual space exploration there are better ways to go about it.

Now if there is proof of life on Mars, they are better of doing one of two things.

1. Telling every one and there mothers that we found life up there and that we are trying to find out what happened to them so as to stop it from happening here.

or

2. Covering it up and "protecting" us from the knowledge that we are not alone, and taking all the information that is found up there and putting it to use to "better" our government some how....

just my opinion

join