It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voyager 1 and the End of the Mayan calender/transition/doomsday/4th dimension

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I recently read that the Voyager 1 satellite is about to enter interstellar space, the first man-made object to do so in our history. This is a very big deal in my opinion, we are about to have a "first-hand" look outside of our solar system, Voyager will be sending back information the likes of which we have never seen before. So, this made me think that maybe this could be the change that the Mayan calender predicted, what information is this satellite going to send back? Is it going to cross over and immediately burn up, is it going to find absolutely nothing, that our whole system is [for lack of a better example] the Truman Show, will it uncover the fact that we may be closer than we think to our "neighbors", that the Heliosheath acts as a concave or convex lens making everything outside of it seem further than it really is or closer to us than it really is?

So I guess my question is what do you think that will be found outside of the heliosheath and will it be the big event that ushers in the event that the Mayans had foreseen.

If you think nothing will be found please feel free to not reply.

-----Just a thought that popped in my head and I haven't seen this subject brought up in the [search] anywhere.

Peace!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
What if Voyager1 pops that heilosheath bubble on December 21st and our solar system deflates like a balloon

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Great OP! You know, this whole thing hit me like a thunderclap a few weeks ago. Voyagers just happen...but the oddest of coincidences...to be crossing areas no one knew existed to enter what no one honestly can predict....almost on the DAY of the 'big one' everyone has been sitting here waiting for.

Wouldn't it be a real bad way to go out....learning that the Bubble formed around us isn't natural and there are sentries sitting OUTSIDE it, just waiting for the pesky humans to venture out of their little cell again to cause trouble?

I mean, we make endless theories and guesses to explain what can only be understood through analog instruments. We assume man has never left this planet before in 4 billion + years of it's existence.

I can't help but wonder if the almost perfect synchronicity between Voyager 1 & 2 entering a place we assume no man as ever entered before (at least by proxy in this case) and the "Great World Changes" seen by prophecy may not be more than mere happenstance? Perhaps the events of the one bring on the events of the other in response? After all, if we quarantined a star system ...wayyy out in the future when we have that kind of reach and power....We may get downright irritable if the threats we trapped in a bubble found a way back out again.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Is kinda interesting that man leaves his home star for the first time as the new age approaches, eh?

Things that make you go hmm.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wheelindiehl

Bravo !

I love the way you think, this is the stuff that makes ATS very attractive to me, it´s a interesting theory and well defined, its hard to add anything else to it, just that´s a great theory.

To bad that voyagers cameras was turned off in the 90´s to conserve power, but if you are right in your theory Voyager could function as a package to another civilization to tell them they are not alone, we can just hope it don't drop on a city and seen as a hostile act.

S&F

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

Doubtful.
In the extremely unlikely event it was on a trajectory that took it to a civilized planet in the first place, it would almost surely burn up in said planet's atmosphere.

I just find it intriguing that this is undoubtedly a major milestone for mankind. Coincidentally, the Mayan Calendar says we are transitioning into a new age.

Incredible.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Add to it that we are announcing the discovery of organic compounds on TWO planets within our solar system at the same time and it gets extra crazy.

The new age is shaping up to be the age of space exploration already.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Hah brilliant! Voyager 1 bumps into the big wooden wall painted with stars/emitting radiation...

That would be hilarious... and truly mindblowing!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I had to give you a star and flag for this as its not something i have ever come across before and for some reason has really made me think. I suspect it will just pass out and nothing will happen, but the idea of the heliospere possibly creating a concave or convex lens is certainly an interesting one. As long as it doesnt land on a machine world then i will be happy

So kudos

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I've often thought about this. voyager 1 with bounce off a big glass wall and it will turn out like we are actually in 1 of those snow globe things

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by fatpastyhead
I've often thought about this. voyager 1 with bounce off a big glass wall and it will turn out like we are actually in 1 of those snow globe things

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Oh dear...... can dec 21st be a big shake then........... and the stars will fall from heaven

Now were have I heard that before?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Great thinking OP,
I cant say i have anything to add to this, but
quite a interesting theory. I will be considering
this one for a while now...

SnF for you

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

It also makes me giddy with excitement!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
For stupid people such as myself who are not aware of the exact projected date of Voyager 1's exit of our solar system:

"We believe this is the last leg of our journey to interstellar space. Our best guess is it's likely just a few months to a couple years away.
Since December 2004, when Voyager 1 crossed a point in space called the termination shock, the spacecraft has been exploring the heliosphere's outer layer or "heliosheath." In recent years, the speed of the solar wind around Voyager 1 has slowed to zero, and the intensity of the magnetic field has increased.

According to data from two onboard instruments that measure charged particles, Voyager 1 first entered the magnetic highway on July 28, 2012. The region ebbed away and flowed toward Voyager 1 several times. The spacecraft entered the region again Aug. 25 and the environment has been stable since.

Spacecraft data revealed the magnetic field became stronger each time Voyager entered the highway region; however, the direction of the magnetic field lines did not change, as researchers would expect if Voyager 1 had truly entered interstellar space.

"We are in a magnetic region unlike any we've been in before -- about 10 times more intense than before the termination shock -- but the magnetic field data show no indication we're in interstellar space,"

Link for stupid people

So the magnetic field lines did not change, as researchers had expected.
The craft is in a region unlike any experienced before.
But the magnetic field data does not indicate the craft is in interstellar space.

Does anyone else see the contradictory and presumptuous nature of this conclusion? Or is it just me?
edit on 5-12-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Sorry to burst your bubble. But Voyager won't enter interstellar spece until 2015, so I think you will have to reschedule your, awakening, or whatever you were expecting.

Oh and the Mayans also didn't predict anything would happen on 21/12/2012, their calender just moves on to the 13th Baktun.

I love how people say "These things are unrepdictable. Scientists can never predict the sun/earthquakes etc etc!" etc etc.

But people with limited scientific instruments sitting around in caves can get it down to the day 2,500 years in the future.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Well that fact that they use the nonsense "magnetic field lines" is indicative of how clueless this is.

There is no such thing as a "field line". Fields by definition HAVE NO "LINES"!! The "lines" drawn on field diagrams are simply there to indicate the shape and intensity of a field. Just like you cant go to a mountain and find a "contour line" anywhere you cant find a "magnetic field line" in nature.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sajuek

Where did you find out when it will enter interstellar space? All I could find is that it could take days, months or years as of December 4, 2012??

Where is the Mayan calender for the 13th baktun?

I never said the Mayans were predicting anything...OK, here's my prediction, in 2020 our calender will end on a Thursday.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Wheelindiehl

The following article says that it could be months or as long as two years before we reach the actual edge. After that mankind will forever be a creature of the stars. We sure have come a long way just in my lifetime. news.yahoo.com...
edit on 5-12-2012 by karen61560 because: left out the linky

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
ok hang on guys we're not there yet. It could be as much as two more years before we break on through to the other side. news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

we've been in the age of space exploration since the 60's . Where ya been?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join