It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does it mean to be? What does it mean to have the "awareness"? Am I doing or being?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Yes, it is strange. Sometimes I feel like laughing, sometimes much peace like a baby in its mother's womb.

I do it all the time, I like to go to bed extra earlier and do this. I relaxes me.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

If the only freedom that will never be taken away is freedom from desire, then,
maybe wanting whatever is happening now is good. that one desire will always be continuously fulfilled.

what are your desires?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I say do, do the best you can, creation is about doing. A being that has no action is a potential being, it does not manifest.

Manifestation requires action.

Instead of being good, do good.
edit on 4-12-2012 by Manula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Another thing: i love life as it is in the moment but i want to create life, do things, make things into reallity.

You can love it and at the same time feel like changing it.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

They come and go, they change. The more I think about it the more its details become and the more desires become.

By only wanting now, I can never be disappointed because now is always happening. That desire must always be fulfilled.

reply to post by Manula

It is because you made "Creation" to be the meaning of your life - that now you have words like "best" (something to compare to) and that the life of a being with less focus on doing and more on being is devalued..

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

They come and go, they change. The more I think about it the more its details become and the more desires become.

By only wanting now, I can never be disappointed because now is always happening. That desire must always be fulfilled.

What desires can you say it explicitly? U2u me if you want to say it off line

edit on 4-12-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I guess it is not really important, mostly usual things that most people want.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

edit on 4-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

What is awareness?
Nathan Gill will show you in these two very short clips:
www.youtube.com...
youtu.be...
edit on 4-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

If its important to you then....you should treat it as such. Mabey this is why you are dissatisfied because you dont treat your feelinsg serioulsy enough to manage them maturely.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
'Being' is what we do by default. If anyone tells you to 'be,' you can rightfully answer "I am" no matter the circumstance. How can someone tell an existing man to exist without being laughed at? Would one tell someone to sit if he's already sitting? Can we be more in the now than we already are? Of course not.

Unless they're in the habit of pointing out the obvious, what they are trying to tell you is entirely different than what they're saying. Perhaps they want you to think less, to concern yourself only with what is close at hand, maybe because they don't understand their own foresight or abilities to induce. All we can do to these friends of ours is just let them "be."

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I would conjecture that what it means to be...is what it mean to care.

Let me explain. See, in my observations, those things which make no choices of their own, which respond to a set of rules for life, never make a judgment call. They never choose on their own, so they never have a reason to care. And that's when you're not alive. You hibernate. You sleep. You do whatever. Your life is a wasteless expanse of time, because you play no part but to exist. Such things aren't aware.

To care, to register those things around you because they are relevant to you making choices BECAUSE YOU CARE. Otherwise, there is no point to existing at all. You must care to have the strength to go on.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

What does it mean to be? What does it mean to have the "awareness"? Am I doing or being?

Your question has nothing to do with right or wrong, good or evil so...........

To be, to have awareness, is to acknowledge, accept and embrace who you are, wether it is right or wrong or good or evil.

A great sailor put it best, " I am what I am, and thats all that I am."

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
I used to believed that pleasure was good and pain was bad. I would focus my thoughts on what makes me feel good and ignore what doesn't. But I realized that was materialistic and that wasn't really doing anything at all with spiritual.

I keep hearing "be in the moment", don't "do" - "be". But it is hard to understand.

By being, do you mean relaxing? Do you mean silencing the mind to not block out what is going on? Do you mean allowing anything to happen?

What does it mean to be "aware"? To silence the mind I am already using five senses, by being aware, do you mean to always be focused on the body only?

Why is the material body of so importance rather than mind if mind /spirit is more spiritual? Help me to understand this....

My I suggest a book?

Eckhart Tolle - A New Earth - Awakening to your life's purpose

Also I suppose any Tolle book would be good.

He got me on my way...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Look into vispassana meditation or basic zen meditation, they have a lot to teach about this sort of thing.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
You guys must solve that dilemma,

Wishing and wanting is good, as long as you love it... Personally i love to want, i love to wish, i don't feel lack or incomplete, i feel good!!

Will is the heart of existence, without it, nothing is created, there would be no life!

Just enjoy it.
edit on 4-12-2012 by Manula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

With some important ones I try to just stay away from the situation without speaking to the person about why I am acting different. I know that is bad but it is hard to speak up (don't wanna offend anyone).

reply to post by AfterInfinity

That makes a lot of sense, but I also found that caring can lead to unnecessary suffering - such as caring for humanity as a whole and seeing suffering - if you think about it - it doesn't matter because you can't stop it and it'll still be happening so at some point you're going to have to be at least a little apathetic.

reply to post by Manula

Say more. What does it feel like to love to want? Are you enjoying the fact that there are things that you would like in your life that aren't there and possibly can never get?

When you think about it loving to want is a bit like just daydreaming, right? Maybe imagination is more important than we think, but others say say present and centered in the body and don't be in the mind, then others say the exact opposite (visualize , daydream, etc.)

reply to post by Itisnowagain

In the video, he said the awareness is the pause between the thoughts (the silence). I know it is probably impossible to keep the thoughts stopped but I am trying to at least remember to return to silence. When meditating it is easy, but during the day I somehow keep losing awareness...
edit on 4-12-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I keep hearing "be in the moment", don't "do" - "be". But it is hard to understand.

By being, do you mean relaxing? Do you mean silencing the mind to not block out what is going on? Do you mean allowing anything to happen?

You're not being patient, you ARE patient. You're not becoming smart, you ARE smart. You will not try, you will succeed. You ARE these things you want, and you ARE the future you see. Don't just do thing - KNOW them. KNOW that they are already done, you just haven't realized it. You will eventually make these things happen for yourself, because in believing, your subconscious won't let you fail.

Don't do victory. BE victory. KNOW that it is already done, you just haven't realized it yet. BE that success.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
I used to believed that pleasure was good and pain was bad. I would focus my thoughts on what makes me feel good and ignore what doesn't. But I realized that was materialistic and that wasn't really doing anything at all with spiritual.

What does it mean to be "aware"? To silence the mind I am already using five senses, by being aware, do you mean to always be focused on the body only?

Why is the material body of so importance rather than mind if mind /spirit is more spiritual? Help me to understand this....

Not so much materialistic, that would be called hedonistic. Hedonism is the idea that the purpose of life is to feel pleasure. But that's the catch, isn't it? We seek things that make us feel good, and try to escape the things that make us feel bad. But pain will always catch up with you the faster you run from it.

Nothing in this universe lasts forever. All things change, nothing remains the same. You grasp at things, attaching yourself to them in hopes that they will bring you happiness. But look at what happens. Friends move to another state, family members die, love ones leave, pets run away, money runs out, gizmos and gadgets all break down. Everything in this world, falls apart. You too will grow old, get sick, and die. Now, if all of that depresses you, then I apologize. But none of that is depressing in the least, in fact, it shows just how precious life is. Enjoy everything as it is, don't become attached. By becoming attached, when that thing that brings you pleasure isn't there tomorrow, you become disappointed. You become angry, sad, jealous that others have what you don't have, you become greedy with what you do have. It's all a nasty cycle, because you'll continue to fall into that same trap time and time again. After all, it's the only thing you know to do, but it's a terribly broken system that just doesn't work.

So to transcend the system, to rise above it, and not be apart of this dualistic pain-vs-pleasure system where you're repeatedly seeking out pleasure, becoming disappointed, so you seek out more pleasure, and become disappointing again... That is what is called "bliss." You know the saying, "follow your bliss." Live life as it is, right here, right now, without any expectations. Be happy with what you have, and it's okay to want something more, or something better, but don't think for a second that it will bring you happiness. Because it won't. Nothing will in the long run. Because this whole thing, you and I, the world we live in, is impermanent.

Or, as Omar Khayyam once said in a poem:

The Worldly Hope men set their Hearts upon
Turns Ashes — or it prospers; and anon,
Like Snow upon the Desert's dusty Face,
Lighting a little hour or two — is gone.
edit on 4-12-2012 by ManjushriPrajna because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

With some important ones I try to just stay away from the situation without speaking to the person about why I am acting different. I know that is bad but it is hard to speak up (don't wanna offend anyone).

its ok i have tough hide and am use to being offended.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join