It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah's Flood Actually a Worldwide Mega Tsunami

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
how can a single seismological event cause worldwide flooding ? waves don't propogate that way

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros

Originally posted by shasta9600
How about flooding from above and below ground, as well as a mega tsunami on top of it all. Literal total destruction and wiping away of everything

How about flooding because extra water magically appeared because of the transparent unicorns, as well as a mega super tsunami made of apple juice on top of it all? Literal total destruction and wiping away of everything, including any evidence that it ever happened?

I'd call this evidence much.

And your predictable condescending attitude towards any ancient text at all ? Can only be viewed as a demonstration of a prejudice based on fear. Your posts on these subjects ooze with hate. Hate comes from fear.

OP ! SnF

edit on 4-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
There seems to be a mis understanding of physics, so here we go.
The water on our planet stays put because it has built up enough forward motion to match the planet, but it is not attached the the planet. If the planet itself is moved in any way counter to its regular movement, the water does not follow suit. The water requires time to absorb energy through friction and other devices to match the planet.
So if the planet's north south position changed and the planet flipped so that north became south and and south moved to the north, the oceans would not move, and the planet would revolve under them. It would take the oceans at least a year to stop washing over the face of the planet and scrubbing our civilization off in the process.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
There are many myths about wars, from different culture all over the world. Do they all refer to the same one?

If there was a global tsunami/flood, who cleared up all the geological evidence? God?

For example, the 'small' tsunami caused by the Storegga Slide is well recorded in the geological data from Scotland and elsewhere in Britain (it only flooded some low-lying coastal regions and Doggerland).

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew
There are many myths about wars, from different culture all over the world. Do they all refer to the same one?

If there was a global tsunami/flood, who cleared up all the geological evidence? God?

For example, the 'small' tsunami caused by the Storegga Slide is well recorded in the geological data from Scotland and elsewhere in Britain (it only flooded some low-lying coastal regions and Doggerland).

Ya right, along with myths about earthquakes, meteors, famines and plagues.

Science is great !

Til it comes against the Bible.
edit on 5-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
you mean like the layers and layers of stuff built up on the earth with pots discovered way down in mine shafts and stuff like that?

hallofthegods.org...
edit on 5-12-2012 by winterkill because: added material

Science is great when it has all of the facts before drawing conclusions.
edit on 5-12-2012 by winterkill because: added material

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

With all the structures and settlements being found under the ocean, not far from land, it makes me wonder.

It seems the evidence is being rediscovered.

And if these rediscovered settlements were built on dry land originally, and now under water, that would tell me, somehow additional water was added to the flood/Tsunami mix. Certainly if you were to add vast amounts of water to the ocean in a small amount of time you would get waves that would wash over the land causing wide spread flooding, until the water stabilized into its new shore line, which would be higher than the original, and now covering anything built. But this is exactly what we see.

Just because we can not comprehend the vastness or technical expertise required to bring this amount of water to our planet, does not mean it could not be done. Science now says Mars had water. Where did it go?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
If there was a global flood, wouldn't all settlements built on what is now dry land (as opposed to coastal locations when sea levels were lower during the ice age) also be covered by marine/tsunami sediments?
Or did Noah's Flood only flood places that are today under water?

A lack of understanding about geological processes does not prove the impossible. But when did religion ever allow facts get in the way of belief?
edit on 5-12-2012 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

I would think Tsunami flood waters would only go so far inland, as seen today. But of course this would be regulated by the amount of "turmoil" experienced. Near the coast line and low lying areas I would expect more sediments to collect, verse the highest elevations. Ancient ruins are all over South America at very high elevations and are not covered with anymore than blowing dust.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

So this massive worldwide "Noah's Flood" caused by a global tsunami only flooded coastal settlements that have since been unundated by rising sea levels, and most folk were unaffacted? And all geological evidence for it has been lost under the wave?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
There is no way that noah could have built the ark strong enough to survive the impact from a massive wave travelling immense speeds.

It was made of wood. Not some super reinforced composite.

The ark with its size would have been torn to shreds.

Sometimes we need to mix a little logic in there to keep things balanced.

I agree that tsunamis have happened. I just don't think that noahs ark could withstand one. And not a world wide tsunami.

I need absolute solid proof that a single wave from a single event covered the whole globe.

We have a thing called sea level.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

So this massive worldwide "Noah's Flood" caused by a global tsunami only flooded coastal settlements that have since been unundated by rising sea levels, and most folk were unaffacted? And all geological evidence for it has been lost under the wave?
I believe, back then, the major civilizations were on the coast due to ease of shipping, food sources, etc. It wasnt like today where people live "everywhere". Sure, I suppose there were higher elevation societies in existence, but after the major suppliers were destroyed, these societies diminished, and disbanded. No support system any longer. Plus, there is another possibility in that the rains were even too much for them to handle. No crops for 1 or two years and they would be finished, as a society.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I need absolute solid proof that a single wave from a single event covered the whole globe.

We have a thing called sea level.
I remember reading something about a few million years ago where major water ways here in the North American continent actually ran backwards. It was suggested the entire continent tilted. Any of you Geo gurus out there can correct me, or help me out on this one.

It might be suggested that a major impact of a meteor, or other force could actually tilt a continent. then you have what is known as "rebound" where the crust once pushed out of balance will rebound back to where it was originally. View the planet as a rubber ball in this respect. A rubber ball with water on the surface. Once the depression rebounds it will push the water back out of the void. If you ask me, a tilting continent would be sufficient to cause a global wave of immense proportions.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Stonehenge was pretty far inland. It's not covered by marine/tsunami sediments.

Same for Jericho which is much older.

When was this tsunami?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Stonehenge was pretty far inland. It's not covered by marine/tsunami sediments.

Same for Jericho which is much older.

When was this tsunami?

Im not certain of the exact date but the date is around 10,000 years ago, give or take. Something else I recall reading about the subject is that, it was reported that there was no Moon before the flood.

Many myths and legends say that the Moon rose in the sky after the after-Flood darkness cleared up. Did the Moon cause the Flood?

www.informantnews.com...

As with the above mentioned rebound I suppose the opposite could be true as well. A external force such as the Moon making a appearance and using its gravitational pull to exert a pulling on the continents. This too could also cause tremendous wave action until the planet became accustom to the new force.

I suppose the timeline could be narrowed down to the date of the "Bottle Neck" of humanity. DNA research indicates that there was a time when humanity was larger, then a massive culling event.

This study concluded with the possibility that 50 individuals may have founded the entire population of Europe. This evidence is also quite consistent with a historical global flood. Research is needed on the implications of this data for the flood of Genesis. Certainly, humankind has undergone a relatively recent (tens of thousands of years at most, within an evolutionary time frame) population bottleneck. However, it must be further investigated as to the proportionality of evolutionary dates to the creation model, and as to how the molecular clock can be adequately explained in such a context. Data aiding this understanding has already been published.5

We should also seek to understand genetic evidence in the context of the tower of Babel event. Evidence exists that, after the bottleneck, ‘the [human] population rebounded in a series of separate, rapid expansions on different continents.’12 This too seems consistent with Biblical events in Genesis 11. Surely, much research is needed to expand ideas about such genetic evidence to determine its consistency with the Bible and its inconsistency with, for example, the various evolutionary out-of-Africa models. Different models of human history are hotly debated in the scientific community today.13

www.answersingenesis.org...

Maybe its time we stop confusing religion with ancient scriptures and focus on the evidence itself. Regardless of ones religious beliefs, the writings are there, we just have to learn how it was originally represented.

Edit to add: There is DNA evidence that suggests the "Flood" was actually 4000 years ago as witnessed by this study.

Paternal and maternal DNA lineages reveal a bottleneck in the
founding of the Finnish population

ABSTRACT An analysis of Y-chromosomal haplotypes in
several European populations reveals an almost monomorphic
pattern in the Finns, whereas Y-chromosomal diversity is
significantly higher in other populations. Furthermore, analyses
of nucleotide positions in the mitochondrial control
region that evolve slowly show a decrease in genetic diversity
in Finns. Thus, relatively few men and women have contributed
the genetic lineages that today survive in the Finnish
population. This is likely to have caused the so-called "Finnish
disease heritage"-i.e., the occurrence of several genetic
diseases in the Finnish population that are rare elsewhere. A
preliminary analysis of the mitochondrial mutations that have
accumulated subsequent to the bottleneck suggests that it
occurred about 4000 years ago, presumably when populations
using agriculture and animal husbandry arrived in Finland.

www.pnas.org...

edit on 5-12-2012 by All Seeing Eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
water is everywhere below us...causing earthquakes due to hydraulic pressure and rising and falling. there are vast oceans below our oceans and continents. when they rise again, there will be no more coastal cities.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I feel that you are forgeting about continental drift, and also weather. A few million years was a long time ago.

Rivers change, and creeks come and go with the weather.

A million years is pretty mind boggling if you really sit and think about it.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

So how can they know if the whole world flooded?

Probably because the continents hadn't actually seperated yet and mankind is a lot older than we are led to believe.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Can you not measure continental drift.

You could then use these measurements of movements per year and average out how long it has been since Pangaea( spelling)....or the super continent that broke apart.....

Which they have done. You can find out the info by ding some research. I would link it to you but I am on a cell phone.

"They" can measure on a long time scale.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
reply to post by magma

Can you not measure continental drift.

You could then use these measurements of movements per year and average out how long it has been since Pangaea( spelling)....or the super continent that broke apart.....

Which they have done. You can find out the info by ding some research. I would link it to you but I am on a cell phone.

"They" can measure on a long time scale.

Maybe they can release the actual time and put an end to the debate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join