It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep Grooves :Explore Music Outside the BoX

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimeLight

Those tracks were beautiful.............as per usual with you PrimeLight..........I like these journey's into the realms of sound, feeling................and words unspoken..

Message to Bears....................Milo Greene are virtually unknown....................most are which astounds me and always will.

..........no we won't be together again until the spring...........I love the words to this song..........hmmmm

Zed I'm elated that your enjoying the music..................True talent is often behind the mainstream............obscured and not given the recognition it deserves.

Anything Milo Greene produces is a gem...................worth the endless loops.

edit on 30-12-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
So together we will live forever..................................even in happiness and serenity in this world there is pain but at least there is this..................the song is a simple reflection....................love after all is forever, it really is.

a little reminder of a simple day.................inside a little bit of a good feeling

edit on 30-12-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I leave you with hope..............................it is gentle and powerful....................stays in your Soul.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Dead Can Dance - Host of Seraphim - Live ( if you saw the movie The Mist then you know this song from the end)

Anathema - Lightning Song off the album Weather Systems

Black Tape for a Blue Girl - I Have No More Answers

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Opeth what great picks. Always loved that one from Dead Can Dance and many of their songs actually. Dead Can Dance was my dad's favorite band.

Black Tape For a Blue Girl is just plain stunning!!! Can't wait to hear more gems.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Egyptia
reply to post by opethPA

Opeth what great picks. Always loved that one from Dead Can Dance and many of their songs actually. Dead Can Dance was my dad's favorite band.

Black Tape For a Blue Girl is just plain stunning!!! Can't wait to hear more gems.

Glad you liked them! Dead Can Dance have been one of my 3 favorite bands for most of my life and I am 39. I think that if I was to be stranded some place as long as I had all the releases of Opeth, Dead Can Dance and Pink Floyd I would be a happy person. .

Anyway..more music.. =)

Brendan Perry (the male voice of Dead Can Dance)

Opeth - Burden

Not sure if you had heard of Black Tape for a Blue Girl prior to that song..if not then get two of their older releases either Remnants of a Deeper Purity or A Chaos of Desire ..just make sure to not listen alone when you are sad as their are truly some heartbreaking moments..Their newer sound has more of a dark cabaret feel to it but they are still amazing...

We Watched Our Sad Eyed Angel Fall off the album A Chaos of Desire by BTfaBG

Hope Sandoval and the Warm Inventions ..some of you will know her from Mazzy Star who had a hit in the 90s with Fade Into You.

Lycia - The Morning Breaks So Cold and Gray

My Dying Bride - The Cry of Mankind
*** This one has some pretty extreme religious imagery in it so hopefully no one is offended but to play it safe if that does bother you , I would not watch it ***

edit on 31-12-2012 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Music to my ears and soul!!!!! Now you have me wondering which 3 I would pick. I also grew up with Dead Can Dance and Pink Floyd which I have always loved. I grew up listening to music blaring throughout the entire house as my dad was always a lover of music.

I remember him installing speakers even in the washroom if you can imagine that. Back then his stereo system was amazing so he wanted to share that with the neighbours. I'm not sure that they thought it was that great. However, the disco light in the livingroom with the really tacky brown and silver metalic wallpaper really had to go.

This one is a beautiful piece......uniquely peaceful and haunting. Captures both love and sadness.

edit on 31-12-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
For PrimeLight..............

...........This...................................

Matt Corby - incredible.

We Fell..................

edit on 31-12-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
As a lover of Western movies.............and all things Western this song is amazing and reminds me of that......but with a modern twist.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

Western themes are great. Sergio leone films. great music in them.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Athlon I have to say I have always been a lover of Sergio Leon films..........no doubt about it. He was always able to translate the feeling that you, the watcher were in the Western landscape and story line. I don't recall anyone ever matching him in that way after he died. Not even to this day.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

Athlon I have to say I have always been a lover of Sergio Leon films..........no doubt about it. He was always able to translate the feeling that you, the watcher were in the Western landscape and story line. I don't recall anyone ever matching him in that way after he died. Not even to this day.

I have to say i agree. Hollywood makes well Hollywood westerns which alawys appear a bit too pristine and polished to convey the rawness of the western landscape and its Banditos.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
..........................a gentle listening session.

Pierre Bachelet - 1974 beautiful nostalgia.................te echo de menos

edit on 1-1-2013 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Lost in the Trees Nightcap

The words to this song are really harsh................but the song is beautiful.

Drink Deep - Laura Veirs

edit on 1-1-2013 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
DM Stith -

The words within are indeed special.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

...........there is always sorrow

Tiny Vipers - Life on Earth (the entire album is amazing)

edit on 2-1-2013 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
One more from Brown Bird because they an amazing band and anything they produce is heart wrenching. This is a beauty.

Something a little different...................Faith.......because it is the longest journey.......

Olafur Arnalds & Nils Frahm - this entire album is art. Everything Olafur creates is a masterpiece in sound and feeling.

Lost

For my earthly heaven......................

Papa M otherwise known as David Pajo/ Papa M, Aerial M, and M, - often leaves me without words....
Beloved Woman - Papa M (a fave)

edit on 3-1-2013 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The Daysleepers - Threnody (one of their best)

Crazy For You - Slowdive

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

Am feeling redundant in telling you how amazing your sentiment is in song, yet you continually manage to move me to newer musical heights over and over again. I have no idea how I am going to reduce selections to a few cd's, as that's seeming more and more like mission impossible given the array of talent introduced.

Confession: You have single handedly been the most positive musical influence in my life, broadening my avenues well beyond previous borders.

This set is not a fair exchange, though I hope you like them all the same. I included the first two as much for the visual capturing as well as the melody. You will see why.

A mix of awe and tragedy. Such is this life.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimeLight

Confession: You also continue to take me beyond the places where my soul has learned to drift through sound. You manage to find sentiment in the inspiration of sound that leaves me only in the world of 'awe'.

Your selections were deeply moving in such different ways. I loved them all but a few made my soul soar and nearly brought me to tears. The beauty in what sound can do to the state of our flesh is for me a deeper connection to soul and heaven. My soul tells me heaven is a place of music as is the universe. There is nothing in the universe that is without a sound and frequency..................creation takes those sounds and puts them together to create the wonder of the soul in sound and the melodies of the heart.

Your first two in sight and sound - spoke much to me. Her dance with the sword to the exotic sounds of a passion was simply Stunning, reminding me of...........

Your last two selections profoundly took me to a place high up in the spirit in depth of feeling. I looked from space through a window looking down upon our earth................and beheld much awe, beauty and tragedy. The last one I could listen to forever.

You have brought my memory to some artists that I didn't even realize I miss.

"Eres profundamente el mar de mi corazon".

You inspired these memories.......................of soundtrack artists that I love and kept in a longing for the gift that finally came to me with a Kiss upon the first meeting.

Message in a Bottle

Angel Wings -

...................so much

Something else......

Nostalgic Memories in Sound:
An old favorite of mine from way back when.................this one never gets old in my books.
Midnight Express - the movie was also great.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join