It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio sinkhole grows to football field size overnight!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Wow, there's gravel dredging going on not far from me here in PA!
They apparently got all there was on one side of the road, (it's a main, two lane, highway),
because they quit on that side & now there's a small lake there.
Now they are dredging on the other side of the road, & formed a good sized pond already!

The strip of land that the road is on is so narrow, that you could throw something out of the
car window on either side, & probably hit the water! I don't know what's holding the road up!
Maybe it is already starting to get undermined!
All I know is, everytime we have to drive through there, it gives me the heebie-jeebies!
Now it will be even worse!
I don't know how they ever got a permit for that close to a highway!!!

I don't think anyone posted this video from Ohio yet:

video.msnbc.msn.com...

Those poor people can pretty much kiss their house good-bye!!!

SOURCE:MSNBC

Here's a link to an article that will make your hair stand on end, as it says in there!
Most of the major oil & gas pipelines go through the New Madrid!!! Four maps:

______beforeitsnews/alternative/2012/08/the-little-known-new-madrid-pipeline-bomb-2455958.html

WOQ

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

S&F I am very interested in these sudden sinkholes. You may not think this is connected, but it might be:

Reelfoot Lake, Tennessee

“According to the US Geological Survey, Reelfoot Lake was formed when the region subsided during the New Madrid earthquakes of 1811–1812. Several eyewitnesses reported that the Mississippi River flowed backward for 10–24 hours to fill the lake. The earthquakes resulted in several major changes in the landforms over a widespread area with shocks being felt as far away as Quebec.”

What caught my eye was “that the Mississippi River flowed backward” – basically what Edgar Cayce said would happen during the coming “Earth Changes.”

What are now the Great Lakes, all combine into one huge inland sea.

Most of northern Michigan disappears underwater. The current Michigan peninsula breaks into two islands. Detroit & Chicago disappear underwater.

A new channel of wide water cuts thru to the Gulf.

Much of northern Indiana disappears. Southern Illinois is cut in two.

The current course of the Mississippi thru Indiana, Kentucky,and Tennessee probably dry up, since the water is diverted to the new channel that cuts the US in two.

The new channel cuts thru southeast Missouri, the eastern part of Arkansas (most of the Ozarks are safe), western Mississippi (state).

All but the northwest tip of Louisiana disappears under the Gulf, along with the current Gulf coast of Texas, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida. Most of Florida is under water.

The West Coast is history. The current Eastern US coastline disappears under water.

Let’s hope this all remains in the realm of “Unfulfilled Prophecy.”

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Are there more sinkholes occurring now? Or are we just more aware of them because of the Louisiana sinkhole disaster?

USGS - Updates to the known and probable karst in Ohio (PDF)

Just as we have drains and pipes in our homes that help move water from one place to another, the karst system uses the widened fractures as drains and pipes in the carbonate bedrock to help convey water to the water table. Typically, the drains in the karst network are clogged with soil, but at times, water can act as a de-clogging agent and flush the karstic drains open creating a sinkhole.

What is karst? (laymans terms)

Just had to add some facts to the doom and gloom.
Peace
edit on 11/30/2012 by TheOtter because: Spellin'

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Not only will there be more sink holes, but also the islands in the oceans and seas of the world will also sink,including the Islands of the UK and Japan and Crete. This is predicted in the King James Version of the Holy Bible in the Last Book and will be quite evident in early 2013.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Just wait until entire states start collapsing into holes
This is how Atlantis "sank"

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I'm from TN and I haven't heard a single bit of this on the news. Such an embarrassment; can anyone say "Agenda", maybe?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrGod
Just wait until entire states start collapsing into holes
This is how Atlantis "sank"

They wish to call it sea level rise. So, shhh.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
another fracking sink hole
this ol earth sure looks to be fighting back
undersurface assault to haarp pounding it from above

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

It's no wonder the earth is caving in under us. It wasn't really designed to withstand artificial structures on it, let alone support the entire human civilisation building things non stop on top of it.

If the Earth wasn't designed to withstand structures built on top of it, why are these sinkholes in open fields, where there were no buildings? Why not in the middle of downtown New York? Los Angeles? Tokyo?

A giant ball of rock cant support structures on top of it... right.
edit on 12/1/2012 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Well, well interesting map, do any other states provide the same info? Then connect the dots, and the story will unfold.
edit on 1-12-2012 by whatnext21 because: missed a word

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BishopNGreen
reply to post by Char-Lee

I wonder if this has been an underlying problem that has been slowly occurring over millennia and it is now being exacerbated by the increasing amount of fracking. Perhaps, if you wanna go full tinfoil hat, you can postulate that TPTB are intentionally reeking havoc inorder to hasten certain aspects of population control. This is purely speculation and thought-provocation. If the New Madrid fault is too old and stuck in its ways, someone might think kick starting it is a brilliant idea.

Do salt domes underpin the entire Mississippi River Valley and the New Madrid Zone? Correlate this with dropping water levels of the Great Lakes and all you need is the right amount of strategically placed, man-made earthquakes before Iowa is prime beachfront real estate.

I have more faith in mankind than this post conveys but we humans have ways of rising to the top that are far exceeded by our terminal velocity races to the very bottom.

The problem though seems to be all over the world, so I would say some change in our sun or another factor and not just the fracking.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

thats if there was such a thing

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
for some odd reason i kind of want to go fishing in the sink hole. never know maybe its the loch ness trying to pop out over here. bahaha.

really how big will this thing grow to?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

Sometimes this is from soil in Deep underground bases that was drilled out with old methods or loosing up soil from the vitrified ground around deep tunnels. It will probably happen more and more in america with all the tunnels.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I didn't mean to abandon this thread for so long, but sometimes real life calls.

I see some very interesting thoughts on here. As for more corresponding sinkhole maps, well maybe in the next few days I will get some research time.

Thank for everyone's input.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It's caused by fracking.

Does anyone seriously think the oil and gas companies are replacing the gas removed with an equal volume of water and fracking fluids? That would cost money and cut down on profits. Don't expect the EPA to look out for us either since they're run by industry professionals.

The coincidental timing of increased drilling for gas and these holes is just too close.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemE

You have an interesting theory - do you know anything about the electrons, protons, antimatter, highly energetic particles that are released by the sun? Are you saying this is what could be causing these sinkholes? I'm trying to digest this subject after long neglecting it so if you could add anything to your post I'd appreciate it.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
During a solar flare/CME, weakly interacting massive particles (1x10e12 kg+/-) and a fraction of a millimeter in size are expelled from the sun and entering into a decaying orbit through and with the Earth's center of gravity in a 2-body Kepler orbit. Through beta decay the dark matter particles create sinkholes and seismic activity where they orbit in and low pressure systems in the atmosphere where they orbit out. They can orbit for months. They are essentially a micro black hole. Hurricane Sandy was created by an orbiting particle.

I have been studying collapsed matter particles for almost two years. I believe the particles are orbiting the sun and all planets. All of my research is on my blog @ darkmattersalot.com.

No joke guys.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemE

I might be able to take you more seriously if I didn't see your spam all over every link I look at for this sinkhole!

So are you drumming up traffic or serious?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join