It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions Surround SOF Body Armor Recall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This is really sad!

U.S. Special Operations Command is recalling thousands of body armor plates after discovering a manufacturer’s defect that could put operators at risk. At the same time defense industry experts are questioning whether SOCOM may have added to the risk by searching for the lightest plates possible.

www.military.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

At some point we will read an article like this and say... man why are we shooting eachother to begin with.... and not, man i wish we had some better armor so we could be more effective at killing.

edit: sad to an extent, but this is the life the soldier chose to live. a lesson in fate perhaps
edit on 27-11-2012 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by chadderson

At some point we will read an article like this and say... man why are we shooting eachother to begin with.... and not, man i wish we had some better armor so we could be more effective at killing.

edit: sad to an extent, but this is the life the soldier chose to live. a lesson in fate perhaps

I agree another reason this is sad...My friends have lost there kids over ther...and I lost many fellow Firefighters I knew at 9/11!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Man this suck

I wish the U.S could just buy a set of Dragon Skin Armor for her front line forces.

Dragon skin

SS
edit on 033030p://pm3038 by Spike Spiegle because: set

edit on 043030p://pm3058 by Spike Spiegle because: S&F

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Hey, people, don't you know that we are running up a huge national deficit and the gov't is in red ink?

They gots to save money somewheres!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by chadderson

Thank you, one of the most 'enlightened' posts I have seen here.

Awesome perspective, and I hope it makes even ONE person stop in their tracks.... and Think.

new topics

top topics

join