It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The waters are turning red - Sydney 27/11/2012

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
You know who we need right now don't you?

Captain Planet will fix this mess and turn all the beach-goers into trees.

- Lee
edit on 27-11-2012 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

Is that the actor Don Cheadle playing Cpt. Planet?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Somebody in Australia should go there after the sun sets. They should also see dinoflagelates that "sparkle" in the water when waves crash or when you throw a rock in the water. Pretty sight......don't eat the fish or sealife from that area for a long while.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

That is definitely not the other types of red we have seen...that actually does look blood red....in fact it looks like a sea of blood

Nice find S&F.

Will look more into this to see what it's all about

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

Yes that is Don Cheadle as Captain Planet.

It's actually part two of a video parody of Captain Planet up on Funny or Die.
Some people found it creepy or weird but I think it was pretty hilarious (Cheadle/Captain Planet fan) and just made a bunch of Gifs from the new video because someone asked me to.

If anyone is curious here is Part 2 of that series.

The dubstep at the end made me spit out my coffee!

You may want to see part 1 first though. Should be in the same link.

Thanks,

- Lee

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SerratedSoul
I wouldn't say the water in either of those pictures looks exactly "blood red". The top pic looks more like strawberry jello red or cherry kool-aid red. Bottom pic looks like Campbell's tomato soup, which is like a dull, watered down red, kinda verging on pink-ish.

It's red and blood is red.
It's close to you avatar which is Santa - ish

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Red rivers, green rivers, yellow rivers, oh my!

All kidding aside, it's probably not anything major. Could be, but I doubt it.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Dang, this is crazy!!!

Red? Surely it is Algae... and if its not, what is it caused from??

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Hello! Great find and great thread. I'll just come in and add my two cents.

I'm not suggesting this is the case, but could't this be Photoshop work? I made a quick change in one of the pictures (it took me about 30 seconds) just to set as an example of how easy it is to change the colors in a picture. Also, the woman with the baby, they don't look frightened or curious in any way. In fact, they're looking at the water and the sea just as if they were tourists watching the sunset. Isn't it weird? And let's not forget that this photo was taken from over the water by someone. Who would step on a small boat and sail through a sea of red water? Lastly, why isn't this covered by the MSM anywhere?

See the image I changed below:

S&F
edit on 27-11-2012 by kromaion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I wonder what's causing all these algal blooms ? Particularly these harmful phytoplankton ones that appear red/brown in colour. The green or yellow aren't harmful, but these red ones are.

So what gives ?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
As far as I am aware, Algae blooms like these are generally caused by chemical imbalance in the water.
I would not be at all surprised if it were tracked backed to dumped waste or an effluent outlet close-by.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

I commented on the previous page, adding a link.

Could this be ocean fertilizeration? Iron beimg dumped into the ocean making co2 more avalible- I think the phytoplankton tsking it in or something like that I read about but cant remember- ill add the link

Or just research iron sulphate ocean fertilizeration

Look under debate- ecological concerns

Link
en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 27-11-2012 by lukeUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kromaion

He's got a link to an Australian news site in his OP. MSM in America doesn't cover much of anything lately IMO that would set off any sort of panic with this 2012 thing approaching. They aren't even covering that sinkhole disaster in Louisiana. I think the pic is real, especially after reading the news link.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Some more pictures:

Source

ETA:
Wikipedia: Red Tide
edit on 27.11.2012 by grobi77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Somebody in Australia should go there after the sun sets. They should also see dinoflagelates that "sparkle" in the water when waves crash or when you throw a rock in the water. Pretty sight......don't eat the fish or sealife from that area for a long while.

I hope someone does and takes photos.
I only saw that once years ago on a Gold Coast beach, it was amazing.

We used to say that when you swim at Bondi you swim with turd because of all the untreated effluent they (used to ?) pump out just off shore, yuck. Perhaps it's changed now......?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Darwin award candidate 2012?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

It's called Red Tide. It's just red algae, and pretty toxic to fish as it steals all the oxygen out of the water. Now as for it being biblical, it's a possibility because God has been known to use natural existing elements to warn or punish mankind, but is that happening now? Considering that we're at the end of the Time of Sorrows, it's a pretty good indication TSHTF soon if red algae starts popping up in 3/4 of the earth's oceans.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thepolish1

Exactly a Red Algae Bloom. Wish people would research this stuff before they post.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Maybe underwater nuke test, or secret navy sonar testing. Or the beginning of the end.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by poundpuppy

why the bold?
why the snap?

from the outset of this post it was said it is believed to be algae and tests are ongoing.

cant people post something interesting like this, stir peoples imaginations without being ridiculed?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire
reply to post by thepolish1

ahh, I wouldn't worry til the moon turns as black as sacloth.

ahh, that will be on Dec 21

Another one to add to the Apocolypse!! Never thought of the two together. Nice catch.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join