It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some help with a photo. Having a problem with a sun glare. For a good cause.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I'm trying to help this guy retouch his photo of his wife, she just passed away and the photo has a glare where is totally making his right eye obsolete because of his glasses. And I know there are some talented people on ATS. I really want to be able to help this guy out so he can remember the special times he had with his wife. He was very down yesterday and I really want to be able to lift his spirits up by giving him a beautiful picture of him and his wife together.

Please U2 me with your email for the picture.

I'll be home after 10PM.

Thank you for the help.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Here's a high speed vid of my restoration of my mother's old photo, you can fwd wind to the 'eyes' being worked on if you'd like.... does it help?

vid

If not, I'll be happy to help, and I can completely relate to your friend's situation.

edit on 26-11-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I can't offer advice on photo restoration and touch ups, sorry. But I can flag this thread so that more people see it.

Bbest wishes to you and your friend.

Smylee

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Lonewulph

Wow..you did a great job..it would be nice if you did a tutorial on how you did the eyes..step by step..

I'm going to let you take control of this one..While photography is my job..I don't do restoration enough to great at it. Could we see your fix for this photo once you have it done
I'm curious how it will look..I tried to composite the image with a little success..but i think you are going to take the cake!

If you don't mind I'm going to keep you on 'speed dial' if I am ever in a jam with PS

edit on 26-11-2012 by Neopan100 because: slow computer..missing letters

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Thanks for that, yes been doing a lot of these for a long time. Started out with pen/paper, then oil/canvas, digital photography, and now digital art. It's very helpful to have a good Wacom tablet and have a basic understanding of art, painting, lighting, etc.
I'll be flipping the completed image from here back to the owner, you'll have to contact them to have a look....the whole purpose of repairing the photo is very personal.
Sure pm me anytime.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
you can bring it over to the avatar thread, there are some pretty good graphic artists and we may be able to do something with it for you

If you want to keep it private, you can send it to me and I'll try or you can try Agarta, he's probably the best I know with filters and editing

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lonewulph

Here's a high speed vid of my restoration of my mother's old photo, you can fwd wind to the 'eyes' being worked on if you'd like.... does it help?

vid

If not, I'll be happy to help, and I can completely relate to your friend's situation.

You did a very nice job. She looks beautiful.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm not going to post the photo for his protection.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Yeah, I'm not going to post the photo for his protection.

Then I would highly reccommend Agarta. He does excellent work and is also extremely trustworthy. If you ask him to not let it be seen by anyone else, it won't be seen by anyone else.

He's one of the most trustworthy artists I know of

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Okay

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Done, sent it back to you for eval. That was a tough one.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lonewulph

Done, sent it back to you for eval. That was a tough one.

You did such an amazing job I never thought it would be possible. Thank you so much. I know he will truly appreciate all that you done.

I'm just in awe and amazed at your work.

That glare was the toughest thing for me.

I truly truly appreciate it.

Thank you again

XOXOXOXO

You made it to where there was no glare at all. It looks so realistic, looks like the glare was never there. I'm so amazed by it.
edit on 27-11-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I'm happy I could help, blessings to him.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It's truly a masterpiece.

Thank you.

I know he will appreciate everything you have done.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Just giving an update.

The photo restoration came out great, thanks to Lonewulph.

I printed out 3 8x10s for him.

He was practically in tears when he saw the photos and wanted to pay me for it, but I kindly refused his offer and gave him a big hug.

I appreciate all the help and interests that everyone has shown to help this fellow. Thank you for letting me do something nice to lift up his spirits about his wife and to give him a great holiday gift.

edit on 29-11-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

join