It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TEOTWAWKI - Crisis line.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Hi folks. Seems like after the election, the main course, the entree' de jour, is December 21st.

Personally, loads of fun as far as I'm concerned.

But some may take it seriously. I believe there was even a thread about someone commiting suicide about an end of the world scenario.

I know mods watch and will even "bin" a thread with too dark overtones. But couldn't we also have a help line?

Perhaps by region and/or country.

We could help some people instead of just dismissing them.

Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
you're assuming these people have mental issues so i'm assuming you are licensed to give psychological\psychiatric advise over the phone? although wishing to help other is admirable i think you should be careful in your venture.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
you're assuming these people have mental issues so i'm assuming you are licensed to give psychological\psychiatric advise over the phone? although wishing to help other is admirable i think you should be careful in your venture.

ME???

Oh hell no!

(I'm nuts!)

I was talking more about licensed professionals

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This is a good question but would be best answered by either Admin or one of the Owners. Rather than let that answer become lost in lots of pages, we will close this thread so they can answer here on page one within the first few replies.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Per our Terms and Conditions we don't allow the posting of threats of suicide or "how to" queries.

We do not have, and can't afford, qualified staff to handle counseling nor can we afford the risk associated with bad advice.

It's sad that we live in a litigious world but we do. Our little media company and site can't be all things for all people, there just isn't enough resources.

Springer...

new topics

top topics

join