It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas can't secede, but we CAN evict Washington DC.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowOps1
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Some of the bible passages are of the past and some are about future events and last days!! Here is a link

101 Last Days Prophecies

Here is just some of the math and odds and probability of stuff that has already come true as prophesied. Do a search for further info on the math of the bible. But here is a link to get you started. If you still deny at least you have been given solid factual evidence to back it up!!

Math of the Bible, odds, and probabilities!

edit on 24-11-2012 by ShadowOps1 because: (no reason given)

Your first link leads to a longh list of things that were "predicted". However, there's a huge amount of wiggle room between those "predictions" and reality. Anything could be turned into a prediction. Your second one made me sigh a lot. The writer seems to have a very poor grasp of history. Babylon, for example, was a major power very early on - it was the capital of Hammurabi's Empire in 1792–1750 BC. So, apologies, but I'm not convinced.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowOps1

There are other religions out there, all with a plethora of predictions. The only things that they have in common are thought forms for order, chaos, good, evil, etc.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

We have seen Gods hand in this in the 6 day war we saw Gods hand, once again your mislead in what you are learning. The Jews by all accounts of military equipment and force size should not have had a chance. Yet they won and won quickly! All the armies were lined up against Jews with tanks, modern weapons, armed to the hilt. The Jews had few pieces of equipment and were mostly on horseback and on foot. Some of them didn't even have rifles. All these tanks and modern guns were all tested and working as they drove them to the place for battle and tested them all. Jews again were on horse back most on foot and few rifles. The day the war started they ran over the tanks on foot. None of the modern day equipment worked. It all failed all at the same time!! Look it up!! Read on it!!

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SymbolicLogic

None of the other religions come close to the mathematical predictions of my previous posts above and the odds of them coming true. None of them have the odds and math or even come close to predictions of the bible. But you will have to educate yourself. To leave yourself uneducated on it or to only listen to one source with out facts or truth to back it up is the same as being educated by propaganda. It is up to the individual person to see truth. The truth will set you free!

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Again it is up to you to educate yourself I am merely leading you in a direction to do so. There is no wiggle room there. They were all predicted accurately and yes they are of past predictions that were written about coming true!

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
OP - it would be great to reduce the influence of the District (D.C.) to the limits of its geographical boundaries. Wonder how we go about doing that?

ShadowOps - You get an "A" on thread hijacking. Statistically, the article you linked concerns the non-random occurrence of subjective events rather than the implied causality granted by the author - it just means that the probabilities suggest intent rather than random occurrence, given a framework of prophecy one could construct conforming events or "performances".

ganjoa

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Some of the bible passages are of the past and some are about future events and last days!! Here is a link

101 Last Days Prophecies

Here is just some of the math and odds and probability of stuff that has already come true as prophesied. Do a search for further info on the math of the bible. But here is a link to get you started. If you still deny at least you have been given solid factual evidence to back it up!!

Math of the Bible, odds, and probabilities!

i was enjoying the thread til i realized you're taking every opportunity to shove religious blah blah blah down everyones throat

how about you stop waiting for god to do something and do it yourself

now i understand why we are where we are, everyones waiting for God to fix things.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
What do you mean can't?

People can do whatever they want to.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

reply to post by TheMindWar

If you watched the videos and read the links in my previous post. Then you must read these few links as well !!!

11 Points Of Comparison Between Life In The United States And Life Under Hitler From A Woman Who Has Experienced Both

30 Signs That The United States Of America Is Being Turned Into A Giant Prison

God Has Turned His Back On The United States

How we in the United States have turned against GOD!!

This is how we have fallen from God!!

1. We have openly voiced a choice to embrace abortion.
  2. We have openly voiced a choice to embrace same-sex marriage.
  3. We have openly voiced a choice to drop references to God.
  4. We have passed laws against God.
  5. Several states just passed laws that drugs are ok now!!

If we do not seriously, SERIOUSLY TURN TO GOD AND NOT JUST TURN TO HIM BUT REPENT AND ASK FOR FORGIVENESS, THEN WE ARE DONE PERIOD!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
Gee, thanks for the heads up. Ends sarcasm.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

No offense, but you sound like one of those Westboro Baptist idiots.

This nation was not founded "under god" nor was it ever intended to be. As far as Israel goes, let them piss everybody off and face the consequences alone. Sometimes you have to let the dog off the leash to learn a lesson.

Sorry, but reciting religious right propaganda on this website isn't going to get you very far. Take it as you will.

-TS

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Several states just passed laws that drugs are ok now!!

The one your referring to is a herb and was put here by God, as all earth bound green plants that bare seeds shall be yours and you shall not be hungry....

Drugs are man made...

edit on 24-11-2012 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
If Texas ever did somehow secede from America, It would be a very unfortunate and INTOLERANT place to live!

I can see people being forced into the Christian cult religion or face a "Texas Inquisition" full of torture and punishment (think Spanish Inquisition).

All would be forced to attend church every Sunday or go to prison.

Unmarried couples engaging in intercourse would get life in jail.

A commoner peasant caught steeling a loaf of bread to feed their starving family would get the death sentence, while a big-shot CEO or politician can steal millions and get only house-arrest for a few day which is typical Red States backwards mentality.

Science and evolution would be completely scrapped, and violent, nonsense, sexist, racist, absurd, contradicted, asinine biblical fairy tales written 2 thousand years ago would become "fact" and truth.

Anyone NOT in the religious cult, would be open game for being stoned or burned at the stake.

All social safeguards, health-care, retirement plans, decent wages, workers rights, and all other things created to help commoner peasants would be eliminated. Hell, they would just make it a Slave and Master society and be done with it. That is a Red States wet-dream society.

This is what a Texas that seceded would look like!! Not good!!

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Evict them and replace them with what?

More gun-toting hillbilly cowboys from Texas?

Nah.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
States should be allowed to secede.
a nation conceived in liberty, a nation of free people.
the 10th amendment clearly identifies the states as the dominant force - not the current bloated beast.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

forcing free people to accept that which constricts and enslaves - is not freedom - it's tyranny.
the U.S revolution was fought over fewer taxes.

until the unFederal reserve bank returns to the property of the people of the U.S. it will be no real democracy.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
For anyone thinking that states can't secede, they can. Only Texas, Virginia, New York, Road Island and a couple others actually have it built into their contract with the union. All others still retain the right by de facto.

What the OP is saying is that although Texas or any other state can TRY to secede, DC and the other states won't let them as it would create a civil war of sorts.

I agree that something needs to happen with our government but it would take a congressional vote to disband the current government and install a new one. The only thing is, we get that opportunity to do so every 2, 4 and 6 years to change everything. We're not, we're still falling hook line and sinker for all the propaganda that these so called political leaders offer up. A real politician was John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, George Washington. They retain the true meaning of what America was founded on.

Don't flame me too much I'm sure I've gotten a couple things wrong in this but that's the most my rational mind can offer at this time.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by oper8zhin

Have you ever been to Texas? That could have been any state in the USA back in the 1800s. Open your eyes a little and do some research on the state. Sure there are quite a few religious people down there but you'll find that anywhere. I'm agnostic and visit Texas all the time. I make no secret that religion is wrong in my opinion and I'm not treated with any disdain. Instead, I've found them to be more welcoming and more entertaining and more tolerant of different opinions than the north and I live in Connecticut. If you want to talk about small minded, religious oriented people that would force a paradigm on someone then this would be the state to do it other than say New York City. They just hide it as their motivation.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Anyone can do anything they want with sufficient force backing it up. The illegality of breaking a law only goes so far as an entity that enforces said law can enforce it.

Translation..they cant put us all in jail. Metaphorically maybe but not physically or practically.
edit on 24-11-2012 by 11235813213455 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
We dont care Shadow, this thread is supposed to be about secession, not how we pissed of Jesus so now hes gonna # on America. I hate it when a good discussion is started and then someone hijacks the thread with religious mumbo jumbo. Atleast stay somewhat on topic if you want to spread your jesus scatt.

And I dont believe we would declare war on texas if they secede, if anything alot more states would join in. All of the states living above their means will realize life isnt so peachy when youre not suckin the fed off so you can spend tons of money, which is gonna happen anyways because of the economic collapse.
edit on 24-11-2012 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tehdouglas

yeah but the problem is that Texas isn't receiving too much Federal Aid. In fact, Texas is one of the few southern states that contributes greatly to the GDP. If America lost Texas, it would be a huge blow to the oil industry and technology markets. Not to mention it would knock the Government down a peg or two in the eyes of the entire world. DC would be viewed as weak, and unable to control it's states which is a misnomer anyway. The states own DC, not the other way around. The only issue is we need to get the states to realize this.

Secession has never sat well with the government. All of you may think that the Civil War was fought over slavery but it wasn't. It was over taxes, tariffs and you got it, Secession. It was a similar thought process that they have now in some respect, The power belongs to the states and not the Fed.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag

Evict them and replace them with what?

More gun-toting hillbilly cowboys from Texas?

Nah.

Except if you take away the gun toting hillbilly cowboys from Texas part you're left with the age old arguments of the Fed getting more involved and usurping states rights with every bill that gets passed. This is the reason Texas hates Obama so much. They think he's going to come in and take all states rights away given the opportunity. I tend to agree, to a degree. He plays a politician pretty well but he has an agenda of his own and I think it is to kill independence and liberty in America.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join