It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had an epiphany tonight....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I had to run to the store to pick up somethings for Thanksgiving dinner this weekend. I jumped in the truck went to the local store, and it was over flowing with the usual last minute shoppers for the holidays. While I made my way through the outragous crowds, I was almost ran over 7 times by people with shopping carts, twice more by people texting and not watching where they are going. No one even said excuse me or pardon me,
(what ever happened to being curtious anymore.. it is a retorical question) they just kept trudging along oblivious to what was going on around them. Then it occured to me that holiday shoppers are zombies...Instead of them wanting to eat your brains they are just looking for the next special or sale. While I was waiting to purchase my items, there was an overhead annoucement about something being given away for free, infact I think they made sure to say the word free at least a dozen times in the announcement. People were looking up and at the almighty voice from above, eyes glazing over and the line that seemed to go back a hundred feet instantly cleared down to three of us, to trudge after the "free" item.
This got me thinking about the original movie Time Machine, when the air raid siern wailed everyone stopped what they were doing to go be lunch...

So what say you my fellow ATSers?

Grim
edit on 22/11/2012 by Grimmley because: (no reason given)

edit on 22/11/2012 by Grimmley because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimmley

The original "Dawn Of The Dead" movie. George Romero uses the same comparison. If I remember correctly, he even said in an interview the zombies were us. There is a shopping mall scenario in the movie. Some of the dialogue in those scenes address just what you're talking about here.

edit on 11/22/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Oh that rights I completely spaced that.. Though I still standby my statement of the Time Machine movie too...

Grim

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimmley

The fact of the matter is that no one has any manners anymore and those who do have not passed them on to their children.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by subjectzero

Yes and no. The ones that do that attempt to pass them on, typically have no recourse when there children don't listen to them do to the fact most parents are to scared to disipline their kids. For the fear of reprisals.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I agree, people seem to be too caught up with themselves. I mean, come on! How hard is to put down your cell phone when your ordering a sammich at Burger King? I saw a guy ahead of me today doing that.

It really grinds my gears!

Could the crazy people from Footloose be right?? Does dancing and music lead to this??

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

Lol wellI guess it depends on the music, dancing not so much.. However the push for breakng up the family unit is probably a good part of it. Get everyone focused on me me me, and be damn everyone else.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Wait... what was free????

Now I feel like I've missed out on something very, very important.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

You know honestly I have no idea what they were giving away, didnt really care.. ROFL

and to kind of think about it, it wasnt very clear on the annoucement, the only thing that was the word free and it was repeated several times.

edit on 23/11/2012 by Grimmley because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join