It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help with answering a brain teaser.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

Correct

"I have come here to be hung" to be precise.

He cannot hang you for you have told the truth.

He cannot let you go for you would have then been lying.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
reply to post by Wifibrains

That is the truth - you will be permitted to proceed.

What Occamassain Said
you told the truth as here was your destination and he can't allow you to proceed because you are already there.
edit on 19-11-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
In the forest a man is found hung around the neck in his home. hes 15ft off the ground,his feet are black and blue, the window is open and there is a large pool of water under him. there is no chair or ladder to be found. how did he get up there.......
edit on 19-11-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

He stood on a block of ice?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains
reply to post by camaro68ss

He stood on a block of ice?

you city slickers are to smart for me...

your right!!!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This is a pretty well known one, I think, but the first time I heard it I was stumped:

What is more powerful than God, more evil than the Devil, poor people have it, rich people need it, and if you eat it you will die?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeelingPure

Yesterday a friend asked me to help him out with a brain teaser he is trying to figure out, I thought id be able to come up with the answer but can't seem to find the answer

I was thinking of googling but rather find out if anyone here on ATS knows the answer.

The brain teaser is:

A man comes home, makes dinner, eats dinner, then turns off the lights and goes to sleep. The next morning the man makes breakfast, turns on the radio, and then kills himself.

edit on 19-11-2012 by FeelingPure because: not a rid diddly diddle after all.

He killed himself when he turned on the radio. So there's something wrong with the radio..maybe it electrocuted him.

The riddle part is that you assume he committed suicide.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
"A man comes home, makes dinner, eats dinner, then turns off the lights and goes to sleep. The next morning the man makes breakfast, turns on the radio, and then kills himself. "....woke up to election results of 2012
this was about the guy in florida right...

"What is more powerful than God, more evil than the Devil, poor people have it, rich people need it, and if you eat it you will die?"...probably nothing...

edit on 19-11-2012 by lasvegasteddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FeelingPure

The man keeps a lighthouse. He turned off the lighthouse when he turned out the lights. He heard on the radio that a ship crashed because there was no beacon, and he killed himself for his failure.

I heard this one in fifth grade.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Yep LasVegasTeddy, the answer is 'Nothing'.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
try this one....

i am the begining of the end, and the end of time and space, i am essential to creation, and i surround every place. what am i?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains
try this one....

i am the begining of the end, and the end of time and space, i am essential to creation, and i surround every place. what am i?

E

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
yes you are correct.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
Here is another.

A person comes across a pair of naked humans that have been exposed by receding permafrost(lets just say for the sake of it....Al Gore was right) in remote wilderness. The person is convinced that they are Adam and Eve by merely looking at the bodies.
How does he/she know?
edit on 19/11/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

No navels.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouscanadian777
This is a pretty well known one, I think, but the first time I heard it I was stumped:

What is more powerful than God, more evil than the Devil, poor people have it, rich people need it, and if you eat it you will die?

Nothing.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Some great riddles! Here's mine:

A man is one of two survivors of some sort of nautical disaster, stranded on a ship floating for weeks without sight of land. Upon being rescued, he locates a restaurant that has Albatross Soup on the menu. He orders a bowl, and when it arrives, has one taste of the soup, then goes outside and kills himself.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
"A man is one of two survivors of some sort of nautical disaster, stranded on a ship floating for weeks without sight of land. Upon being rescued, he locates a restaurant that has Albatross Soup on the menu. He orders a bowl, and when it arrives, has one taste of the soup, then goes outside and kills himself."

the other survivor was he buddy the albatross that restaurant just killed and served up...perhaps

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

They don't have bellybuttons.
second line

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lasvegasteddy
"A man is one of two survivors of some sort of nautical disaster, stranded on a ship floating for weeks without sight of land. Upon being rescued, he locates a restaurant that has Albatross Soup on the menu. He orders a bowl, and when it arrives, has one taste of the soup, then goes outside and kills himself."

the other survivor was he buddy the albatross that restaurant just killed and served up...perhaps

Very close...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lasvegasteddy

I think the clue is "no sight of land", I reckon he is blind, the other survivor has been feeding him the non survivors but lied and said it was albatross. When he tastes albatross in the restaurant he realises he hasn't eaten albatross at all, possibly friends or family instead, can't hack it and tops himself.

That's the only thing I can think of.

I reckon eating albatross alone is enough to make me wanna kill myself, sounds big and disgusting.....although albatross buffalo wings would be awesome!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join