It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Report: Rockets Fired from Egypt Hit Israel." Is this now inches away from WW3?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna

NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT OBAMA

Effin let it go man.

He is the president of a country that is allies with Israel. So yes, Obama should be involved. Even if just with verbal support. But ideal would be for him to try and help diffuse the situation.

And look, finally a comment from the Whitehouse. Except it wasn't even from the poutus himself, just a spokesperson. This is about a president that can't even fulfill his diplomatic duties and help out his countries allies.

And I am not a man. It is poisonous attitudes such as yours that create wars in the first place.

Originally posted by Ikema
reply to post by elouina

I'm guessing it would matter what he did… To you

Oh most definately it would matter to me. Since it would mean the president of my country was fulfilling his diplomatic duties.
edit on 17-11-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
How did this turn into something about obama. good grief

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
How did this turn into something about obama. good grief

welcome to the new ats... it sucks.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I think there's a widespread feeling, especially on sites like this, that 'something' is going down soon, and it's almost a relief to see 'something' (better than Iran tossing nukes, or someone blockin the Hormuz oil highway, for instance). I don't think it's warmongering (though you could interpret 'seize fire' that way--should be 'cease fire')
reminds me of 'Guns of August' (a book I highly recommend) in which everyone was just waiting for WWI to begin.
anyone wonder if it's a coincidence this goes down a week after the US election?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Solution:

Palestine back to the Palestinians for Iran scrapping its nuke ambitions.

/problem

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina

Effin let it go man.

He is the president of a country that is allies with Israel. So yes, Obama should be involved. Even if just with verbal support. But ideal would be for him to try and help diffuse the situation.

And look, finally a comment from the Whitehouse. Except it wasn't even from the poutus himself, just a spokesperson. This is about a president that can't even fulfill his diplomatic duties and help out his countries allies.

And I am not a man. It is poisonous attitudes such as yours that create wars in the first place.

reply to post by elouina

Oh most definately it would matter to me. Since it would mean the president of my country was fulfilling his diplomatic duties.

Well I am sure Obama is sad to hear that you would rather him be making public statements with photo ops that do nothing instead of working behind the scenes to take care of the situation. I am sure some public statetments that could completely wreck any sort of back door dealing is the way you would do things but, Obama like every President has a big group of experts that keep him from doing stupid things.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Effin let it go man.

reply to post by elouina

My thoughts cause wars??? Ya.. I don't support apartheid regimes. Period. I don't support assassinations.
Not everything is about how much you hate Obama. So let's stop pretending. We know people hate Obama cuz he's "a black guy" I see through the crap. I don't make him out to be a saint. But it sure doesn't help when everything in the world comes back to how much you (or others) hate Obama.

"man" is rhetorical. You'll get over it.

edit on 17-11-2012 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

It doesn't matter if they were fired from crazies or military. What matters is does the egyptian authorities lay the smack down on whoever is firing these rockets... or do they just turn a blind eye to it. Complacency in such an issue is akin to ordering the rockets fired yourself.

What if some Canadians fired rockets randomly at northern US cities and the Canadian government did nothing to stop this?? Would the US be expected to just say "oh well, its the world we live in" or blow their assess of the face of the earth???

Israel has been known to over react on occasion, but from their point of view its not like they have too much of a choice.

Are there war mongers in the Israeli government...? -- HECK YES!
Does that make all of Israel some giant conspiracy..? Not at all.

In fact, most Israelis would much rather enjoy peace than see their younger men and women go off to war.

The unfortunate part of this is there are war mongers in the right places to start a war... and its a problem on both sides. We should stop trying to assign blame and start trying to find a solution.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Maker of this thread WW3 is not closer or even near. This is a regional flare up nothing more. To call something World war 3 it would have to Involve Europe, Africa, Asia and North America fighting each other.

Until you see this stop saying world war 3 no more please with sugar on top.
edit on 17-11-2012 by P12SOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeneathBaseStupidity
Solution:

Palestine back to the Palestinians for Iran scrapping its nuke ambitions.

/problem

Islam is not a monolithic Caliphate (at least not yet). why would Iran sacrifice their program for non-Iranians?
and where exactly is 'Palestine'? remember, the Palestinian people are not an ethnic race, they are a mixed heritage group that just happened to be living in that area. just like 'Marylanders' are not a 'race', they are just people living in Maryland.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
ATS has become war-mongering central!

I swear some people are praying for war, with no idea of the consequences for everyone.
edit on 17-11-2012 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

I don't see the majority of members on here as that, most seem like liberals that will do ANYTHING for avoiding an unavoidable conflict.
Sometimes war is the only solution, I'm sure you will agree that it took Hitler controlling almost all of Europe before isolationists knew that they couldn't sit on their butts or war would come to them (Pearl Harbor in our case).

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I just came across this youtube video:

If you go to the actual video for youtube on this link: www.youtube.com...

Have a look at one of the comments below:

"Several nights ago I had a dream that was very vivid. It showed a DETAILED map then showed chaos in Gaza. Then the map again with a big arrow showing an ATTACK on Israel by Egypt!!"

This comment was made 11 months ago.

WOW!!!

edit on 17-11-2012 by ConspiracyNutjob because: added one line of text

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Oh yeah he's part black. And I think he is a crappy president. Is this what you wanted to hear? Except it is two separate and non associated statements. Get over your racist thoughts....

I was actually sitting back and waiting to see if the truth would come out about Egypt. But you are all too busy filling your hearts with hate.

Anyways, I am very proud of Egypt. Their Intel Chief is working on a cease fire agreement between Hamas and Israel. Pity the US couldn't be along side them. This is what being a true leader is all about.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by P12SOLD
Maker of this thread WW3 is not closer or even near. This is a regional flare up nothing more. To call something World war 3 it would have to Involve Europe, Africa, Asia and North America fighting each other.

Until you see this stop saying world war 3 no more please with sugar on top.
edit on 17-11-2012 by P12SOLD because: (no reason given)

You do realize WW1 and WW2 started with a couple countries and then more and more followed choosing sides. Heck WW1 started with an assassination of a prince. See this is the problem, sure this may not be WW3, but to turn a blind eye to it because it currently doesn't involve every country on earth is ignorance at its finest.

I'll spell it out in this scenario. Starts with Israel and Palestine. Then Syria and Iran and Egypt join Hamas and Palestine. Then Lebanon, Then we are forced to help Israel. Inviting Russia to jump on the moment and supply Iran. Britain joins in to help Israel and the US and there you go a full fledged world war.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Just another problem for Obama to pretend doesn't exist.. "Bombs from Egypt? I don't see any bombs. Now everybody, just go chit chat on your phones and have some food stamps on me ok?"

You know although I don't agree with getting the US's hands dirty, isn't there such a thing as diplomacy these days? If Obama is such a great sweet talker, why don't he use it for something worthwhile for a change?

I take it, based on your post, that you actually believe we're not doing anything, just because Obama isn't in the press. I think its safer to say that by not using the media as a proxy to pass messages, we're probably engaged in far more diplomacy, special ops, amd intelligence operations than if he were spouting off on television condemning and threatening, etc.

One thing we know (or we should know) for certain is that the President, his cabinet, Joint Chiefs, NSA, and CIA, aren't just turning a blind eye and pretending it doesn't exist. To truly believe that, you would have to be listening to more Limbaugh and Savage than what is generally considered safe for one's sanity.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

Myself? I trust them to put in as much effort as they did to protect our people in Benghazi. Perhaps even less since Americans aren't involved. Unfortunately past actions are generally a good gauge of what to expect or not to expect. And I can't help but wonder if our president is even showing up for the security briefings. Hopefully he learned by his mistakes. But to be honest his arrogance will be his downfall. This is just my personal opinion, just like you will have yours. And as long as others present their opinions politely, I will respect them.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
shut up about Obama, bengahzi, etc. that discussion belongs elsewhere.

do not reply to this post.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
LOL!!~!! Why are folks still posting on here? FYI guy -there is a truce in the works.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
LOL!!~!! Why are folks still posting on here? FYI guy -there is a truce in the works.

I have lots of things in the works. The thing with my wife and Olivia Wilde is still in the works as well.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Where is the link to info on this truce... I did a search and all it seems is that everyone except the Israeli's and Palestinians are talking about a possible ceasefire but the fighting continues with the Israelis and palestinians knocking the c..p out of each other...Im not saying its ww3 but the chances are good that this will take a while to end.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join