It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is christmas a good time to teach a teenager a lesson in appreciation?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by HighMaintenance

Yes. Sometimes Tough Love has to happen at a time that will really sink the message in.

Don't worry about those who say not at xmas.. special time etc. That's all indoctrination anyway.

If your child needs this particular lesson then go with it.

My daughter (17 at the time) got nothing last year because she had been the b_tch from hell all year. I was away before xmas and returned to find she had not done the right things at all, had partied hard and disturbed the neighbours, etc.

So when I got home, she still had friends in the house. I had already been notified by my neighbour and landlord about the parties, so I walked in the house and in front of her friends said, "Ok. So you sh_t on me while I was away, so nothing for you this xmas. You have not deserved it because of your behaviours."

Yes she got angry about it, yes she cried about it.. all typical teenager manipulation tactics to be ignored.. and within a few months she realised why I did that and has apologised for not listening to me or doing the right thing.

Tough problems require tough solutions. Don't be afraid to use them.

edit on 16-11-2012 by Tayesin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
reply to post by HighMaintenance

Yes. Sometimes Tough Love has to happen at a time that will really sink the message in....

...Tough problems require tough solutions. Don't be afraid to use them.

edit on 16-11-2012 by Tayesin because: (no reason given)

True, Tough problems require tough solutions but pick your battles wisely and remember, timing is everything.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join