It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Harry Fear just wrote on his facebook that he is on his way home now with footage and stories. I will post a link as soon as he provide one.

Harry Fear is in Gaza FYI

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nettlas

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
Has the internet been shut down in Gaza yet? Any live feeds going at all? All the live feeds I was watching and keeping track of last night have since died.

I have no information on this more than what Harry Fear wrote on his facebook, that the internet and electricity was cut. But as I wrote earlier, he don´t write if it is local for just his building or if the electricity and internet is cut in all of Gaza.

well Reuters just put up a live feed reuters.livestation.com... Looks like electricity is working there. Even in 2009 Israel didn't cut power or the internet. Makes no sense that they would suddenly find the need to do it now.

EDIT: Never mind...they took the stream down.
edit on 15-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I'm seeing reports on twitter of air raid sirens going off in Rishon L'Tzion near Tel Aviv. They are being tagged as "code red".

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
I'm seeing reports on twitter of air raid sirens going off in Rishon L'Tzion near Tel Aviv. They are being tagged as "code red".

Thanks for the update, I dont have twitter/never used it, do I need an account to view?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Harry is up and running again with a livestream www.ustream.tv...=www.facebook.com&utm_source=12576643&utm_medium=social

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
For now: Live feeds here: RT Stream and here: reuters.livestation.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Nettlas

Not at all.

Here are a couple of Twitter searches I having going. These are based on hashtags that people use to track events and subjects.

#IDF

#Israelunderfire

#Gazaunderfire

And another good research is a website called topsy.com. Just go to the home page and put in a search term and it will return all kinds of social media hits. It is also sortable by type, date, etc.

If you need any help, let me know.
edit on 15-11-2012 by OneisOne because: typos

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

For now: Live feeds here: RT Stream and here: reuters.livestation.com...

NICE!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Thanks for the update, I dont have twitter/never used it, do I need an account to view?

Only if the twitter accounts require you to have one. Some people have accounts protected from the public.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

reply to post by Nettlas

Not at all.

Here are a couple of Twitter searches I having going. These are based on hashtags that people use to track events and subjects.

#IDF

#Israelunderfire

#Gazaunderfire

And another good research is a website called topsy.com. Just go to the home page and up in a search term and it will return all kinds of social media hits. It is also sortable by type, date, etc.

If you need any help, let me know.

Thank you very much. I will look into it right away, I really appreciate it

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Ok, good to know!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Harry Fear will appear on BBC in about 15-20min reporting from inside Gaza.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

He may be informative, but he has a big POV against Gaza. I also don't see him as very credible. I am a freelance reporter. If I were in Gaza, my main focus would be what's happening outside, not seeing how much I can put myself on cam. If you are a real reporter/journalist, then you would go out of your way to get everything you can relating to this. So why doesn't he point the camera outside at all?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

He may be informative, but he has a big POV against Gaza. I also don't see him as very credible. I am a freelance reporter. If I were in Gaza, my main focus would be what's happening outside, not seeing how much I can put myself on cam. If you are a real reporter/journalist, then you would go out of your way to get everything you can relating to this. So why doesn't he point the camera outside at all?

I cant answer for him why he doesnt, but right now, he is one of the few, if not the only one that I know of that is reporting live in person from Gaza. I leave my personal view out of this.
edit on 15-11-2012 by Nettlas because: typo

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
BBC news just reported that a rocket has hit the southern outskirts of Tel Aviv,no injuries reported.
Rocket is believed to have travelled approx 30 miles.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
BBC news just reported that a rocket has hit the southern outskirts of Tel Aviv,no injuries reported.
Rocket is believed to have travelled approx 30 miles.

I just heard that too from Harry.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure he is pro-Gaza. He tweeted this earlier:

Harry Fear @harryfear
The British Consulate in Gaza has invited me to leave. I refused. I will stand with the Palestinian people.

I agree with the reporting part of it. Document the story, not yourself. (unless of course you're shooting a docu about yourself.)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
3 Israelis killed:
hosted.ap.org...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure he is pro-Gaza. He tweeted this earlier:

Harry Fear @harryfear
The British Consulate in Gaza has invited me to leave. I refused. I will stand with the Palestinian people.

I agree with the reporting part of it. Document the story, not yourself. (unless of course you're shooting a docu about yourself.)

Please, leave personal view out of this thread, also Dragonfire. Please
I don´t want to be a thread police, but I beg you, just update, dont hate

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Israeli army has been ordered to target Internet and Electricity installations to black out Gazas communication for several days, just in...By Harry Fear. He says it is confirmed and was quoting from a article that was breaking news. I see if I can get a link.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join