It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

APOLLO 17 PANORAMA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The following 25 photographs were taken by Apollo 17 LM Pilot Harrison Schmitt on December 11th, 1972.

This is for reference purposes, many hoax theorists claim there are no completely panoramic sequences.

The pictures speak for themselves. Though I doubt they will be adequate proof of the reality of the moon landings for some devout hoax believers, they refute the 'multiple light source' claim soundly in my opinion.

I have scaled them down 70%.
The pictures in full size can be found here: Apollo Archive

My apologies for this tediousness.

More to follow:

edit on 11-11-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Here we can see Commander Gene Cernan working on a core sample:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
And Finally:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
You could take people to the moon to show them and there'd still be some that thought you'd drugged them in a secret faciltity and altered their brains.... (something has)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Huh? Seems that your post is all messed up. Just came across it, so I have no idea if you have removed a bunch. Also the pic in the begininng and end seem to be the same one. Also, there are no panoramas at all.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

I've had this thread open since it came on the board. It's been the same since it opened
The two photos are from slightly different areas (maybe 10-20 feet).
The link does have other photos although I did not care enough to open all, and all photos are small on the page.

Edit: They might be the same photo but cropped differently.
Defiantly the same rock formation
edit on 11-11-2012 by randomtangentsrme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

Ah, I see. Was just a little confused by all the blank posts is all. Didnt bother to check the link, sorry.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

Ah, I see. Was just a little confused by all the blank posts is all. Didnt bother to check the link, sorry.

As was I. No need to be sorry. The majority of the photos are pre launch.
I think I still have the post I didn't make on my notepad- Yup here it is:
Unless I'm missing something I see two photos of the same rock outcrop from slightly different angles?

I'm not sure if this was sarcasm from the OP, a tongue in cheek reply to the other Apollo thread opened today, or just a missed attempt at a good thread.
I was very excited for this thread as I believe (I'd have to ask my dad again), my father was on the Navy ship that recovered this Apollo capsule.
Regardless, once my father scans the photos he took (assuming he will), I will upload them here on their own thread.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Those posts contain photos taken by the Apollo 17 astronaut to make up a panorama. Perhaps the pictures didn't load for you, making it look like blank posts.

There are many panoramas taken during all of the Apollo landings. Check out my thread where I match some rocks exactly between an Apollo panormama and hi-res LRO images: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's an excellent, and original, source for images, videos and transcripts from all Apollo landings: www.hq.nasa.gov...

Hi-res original frames of the OP's panorama:
www.hq.nasa.gov...

The assembled panorama:
www.hq.nasa.gov...
edit on 11-11-2012 by wildespace because: Found the correct panorama and frames.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

Ah, thank you very much, definitely an eerie sight. Why is it not in full resolution? Unless it is, then I am confused because the Apollo 11 panoramas on google moon are in a much higher quality. Did they like downgrade cameras or something?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

I have edited my post, because it took some work to find the correct panorama the OP has shown. I have linked to the original hi-res frames as well as the assembled panorama.

There is a colour panorama taken at the same location:
www.hq.nasa.gov...

The same panorama partly assembled (very large images!)
www.hq.nasa.gov...
www.hq.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

There we go, thanks a ton, now that is cool. Man I would love to go there. To bad the US is absolutely pathetic when it comes to space exploration funding. Personally, I think HALF of our military's budget should go to NASA, not the measly 19 billion or whatever they get. Is 1 trillion+ really necessary, especially considering how much we already have invested into the military?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I just found this article exploring the Apollo 17 site on LRO images.
www.nasa.gov...

Scroll down to the video for some cool comparison of the Apollo and LRO photos, including equipment visible in the OP's panorama. Hi-res video: www.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Huh? Seems that your post is all messed up. Just came across it, so I have no idea if you have removed a bunch. Also the pic in the begininng and end seem to be the same one. Also, there are no panoramas at all.

JUST FOR YOU AS YOU ASKED SO NICELY

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Ya, quite sorry, I did seem to come of as a little sarcastic or whatever. Trust me, I didnt mean to come off that way, I totally intended those to be honest and sincere questions.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

reply to post by wmd_2008

Ya, quite sorry, I did seem to come of as a little sarcastic or whatever. Trust me, I didnt mean to come off that way, I totally intended those to be honest and sincere questions.

That's ok it gave me an excuse to try the Microsoft ICE program I had download a few days before!

join