It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: CIA Director Petraeus Resigning

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Petraus is quitting because...when Obama called on the US Navy seals to do a job, they answered , they rose to the call and killed binladen ,.......when the US Navy seals called Obama for help ,, Obama didn't answer, he turned his back and went to bed.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

That was not a source I heard of, but I have heard murmurings of rumors that former brass were talking about handing Obama a spanking. Interesting indeed.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
So, how many more are we going to see added to the list?

1) General Carter F. Ham
2) Rear Admiral Charles M. Gaouette
3) General David Petraeus

Rear Admiral Charles M. Gaouette was relieved of his command of the Stennis strike group in the Mediterranean in late October. Such a removal is unprecedented. The Navy denies that the removal was in regard to Benghazi, and indeed the Stennis was in the Pacific on 9/11/12. However the Navy has issued a fairly cryptic statement that the removal was for “inappropriate leadership judgment” during the deployment of the Stennis to the Middle East and has stressed that this does not involve any improper personal conduct by the Admiral. All very mysterious.

The Combatant Commander of Africa Command on 9/11/12, General Carter F. Ham abruptly retired on October 18. Republican Congressman Jason Chaffetz reported that in an interview he had with General Ham in Libya that the General told him that in regard to the Benghazi attach he had never been asked to provide military assistance. The internet is ablaze with rumors that General Ham attempted to send assistance to Benghazi during the attack and was told to stand down. Thus far the General has remained mum.

In regard to General Petraeus there are many questions. Allegedly the affair came to light months ago when the FBI caught his alleged paramour attempting to access his e-mails. One might be curious as to why the FBI was involved in this and the answer is quite simple. The FBI and the CIA have been at war with each other since the creation of the CIA’s predecessor the OSS in World War II and routinely keep track of the higher-ups in each organization. (Yeah, I know: our tax dollars at work.) Apparently the affair has been known for at least several months, and I find it hard to believe that both the CIA and the FBI did not know of the affair before Petraeus was onfirmed as CIA Director, the background checks for such a position being extremely comprehensive. This all raises the question as to why the affair triggers a resignation now. His wife Holly works for the White House and unless she was in the dark on the affair, and considering how gossipy the military community tends to be I find that hard to believe, presumably the affair was known at the White House.

"An Admiral and Two Generals"

the-american-catholic.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Some interesting things about Paula,
www.thedailybeast.com...

To say Paula Broadwell is an overachiever is an understatement. She grew up in North Dakota, graduated from West Point and worked in military intelligence. She studied Arabic in the Middle East—Jordan in particular—and specialized in counterinsurgency, counterterrorism, and geopolitical analysis.

www.thedailybeast.com...

The more I find out about this whole debacle. The more I have thoughts of the show/series...Homeland....

Des

If you look on the first few pages i made a joke before we knew who he was having the affair with,
ITS CLAIR DANES FROM HOMELAND DUH

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It was Petraeus' op in Benghazi that got Stevens killed. It was Petraeus' operators that were tasked with rescuing Stevens. They were too late. I am confused why anyone is surprised that he is leaving his post.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
reply to post by Ghost375

Oh it might end in a split between the House and Senate and in that case will result in a general censor of Obama just as Bill Clinton had. But there will be impeachment proceedings.

Obama has already been caught in a small lie and outed himself during the second debate. That in itself is enough to warrant further investigations. The fact that Speaker of the House Boehner will be informed in the coming weeks that he will no longer have the luxury of unopposed elections to his seat in Congress is just enough of a fire lit under his butt to push for them.

Always remember that job number one for every elected official is to get re-elected.

Speaker of the house Boner WILL do whatever to stay in power, they play ball, and get in the loop.

I could see the house impeaching Obama for his lies and war crimes/murders, but the senate
will be hard to beat.. The crooks have their scapegoats.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

reply to post by butcherguy

Ultimately it is a matter of four members of the State Department urgently needing and requesting assistance that was not acted on for whatever reasons. An unannounced border crossing of troops requires the President's approval. So the question is did he let them die intentionally or was he unavailable for some reason? And if so, what was the reason? Becuase short of stopping a nuclear exchange, nothing should have taken precedence of a President's time....of course he could have been engaged in the gripping and riveting story of My Pet Goat and will blame it on Bush again for turning him on to that book. That would get him out of it, right?

It is no ones fault BUT the president, you hit the nail on the head...

Obama is the BIG BOY in office HE IS IN CHARGE, (what a great leader)
He is not presidential material, but he is the president.

That is why those four men died because Obama couldn't (wouldn't)
pull the trigger, either a big wuss, or he gave those men as sacrificial lambs
to the radical muslims.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gangdumstyle

If both Obama and Biden are implemented (charges could be as serious as aiding the enemy in a time of war since they have Al-Qaeda connections) and impeached at the same time, Boehner becomes POTUS. Some other Republican becomes SoH and Boehner's empty Congressional seat is filled by either appointment or special election.

It really all depends on who was in the room and who did and said what. The only way to avoid impeachment proceedings after the initial investigation hearings is for a back room deal to occur. But it is going to take more than just extending the Bush Tax cuts. I would say that Obamacare is on the table at this point.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Montana

Yeah, ok. But it needed to be said...

My apologies.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

reply to post by gangdumstyle

If both Obama and Biden are implemented (charges could be as serious as aiding the enemy in a time of war since they have Al-Qaeda connections) and impeached at the same time, Boehner becomes POTUS. Some other Republican becomes SoH and Boehner's empty Congressional seat is filled by either appointment or special election.

It really all depends on who was in the room and who did and said what. The only way to avoid impeachment proceedings after the initial investigation hearings is for a back room deal to occur. But it is going to take more than just extending the Bush Tax cuts. I would say that Obamacare is on the table at this point.

wow.
you actually believe that stuff could happen?
You believe "charges could be as serious as aiding the enemy in a time of war since they have Al-Qaeda connections."
Now you people went from "they didn't do anything to help" to "they aided Al-Qaeda in killing Americans."

Even when Bush was in the white house and actually TORTURED people, Democrats were never THIS bad.

Is it because he's black? Or are republicans just that delusional?
It's because he's black, right?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
wow!...this is a big story!!....and it seems to be from a reliable source...a military coup, and i have not heard a word about it on MSM....i'll bet a million dollars, the republicans won't even touch this in the house as far as bringing an investigation....this is one serious charge, and since it is a fact that it's still up on the website, means that there is some truth to it.....a large bowel movement should be hitting the spinning fan blades any day now.

www.veteranstoday.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I suspect that Obama did a "J. Edgar Hoover" on Petraeus more than a year ago. Hoover collected dirt on people to be used -- just in case.

Making Petraeus head of the CIA was a way of containing him.

Petraeus was expected to play ball with Obama -- say what Obama wanted him to say in public -- or else.

Petraeus resigned and made the affair public to circumvent Obama's threat of blackmail.

Petraeus couldn't get out of there fast enough.

You bet this was about Benghazi.

Let's hope Petraeus doesn't have an "accident."

We will see what unfolds.

edit on 10-11-2012 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

Exactly my take on the matter.

Hope he's not "Star Chambered" some Tuesday evening.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

For the record, I was trained as a truck driver by John Carlos's nephew and am welcome to visit the family anytime I wish; that being just one name I can drop as well as being part Cherokee myself, so you can take your accusations of racism and specifically my being a racist and mull them over a bit more before making yourself look completely foolish in front of those who know me. After you look up who John Carlos is as I suspect your do not know offhand, of course.

That said, no I do not have the inside track to GOP strategy and planning. What I am saying is that this is a strong possibility especially so close to the sting of losing an election that even Romney himself publicly considered as being in the bag. Petraeus may have fed Romney some information during the campaign over Benghazi, which isn't too surprising since Obama made him D/CIA and moved him back to DC from Afghanistan in order to keep an eye on him for fear he would run in 2012 on the GOP ticket.

The incident, the lack of response, the avoidance of the story before the election and deflection by the moderator herself during the debate makes this whole thing a political issue. Failing to see the GOP using it as tool to get some revenge against Obama is not understanding how politics works. Benghazi is too big to use as a bartering tool of political capital, which is currency of Washington. An affair however is political capital to do some arm twisting. Petraeus citing his resignation due to an affair simply devalued that currency.

Was there an affair at all? Only two people know 100% for sure unless they were walked in on during...no one is making that claim are they? Did an affair happen? Maybe. When did it happen and how long was it known is also a very good question. Was it used to force Petraeus to stand down on Sept. 11, 2012 because he was willing to defy Obama's orders? After all even the USMCJ states that a soldier or officer can refuse an illegal or immoral order, even one from the POTUS.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
wow!...this is a big story!!....and it seems to be from a reliable source...a military coup, and i have not heard a word about it on MSM....i'll bet a million dollars, the republicans won't even touch this in the house as far as bringing an investigation....this is one serious charge, and since it is a fact that it's still up on the website, means that there is some truth to it.....a large bowel movement should be hitting the spinning fan blades any day now.

www.veteranstoday.com...

ok...sorry....the further i researched this site, the more leery i became of it's news reporting, and the veracity of this particualr article....my bad.
edit on 10-11-2012 by jimmyx because: addition

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Some things DO need to be said. Im not afraid to be bold where needed.

I am not sure how much I trust Petraeus, but I would trust him more than the Prez he served. I sure would like to hear his testimony though. What is he hiding with this whole resignation thing?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Wow.

I am surprised that the thread went this far without someone playing the race card. You threw a reference to Bush in there too. Sure sign that Obama is in trouble.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Yah first thing they do is say what Romney's plans were on the foreign front. The implication in that article is that Romney is the evil war monger and Obama the dove and some in the military being treacherous to the Prez.

It's the way they spin this story that bothers me. Obama is no more a dove than Romney or he would not have gone into Libya without Congressional approval.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Montana
It was Petraeus' op in Benghazi that got Stevens killed. It was Petraeus' operators that were tasked with rescuing Stevens. They were too late. I am confused why anyone is surprised that he is leaving his post.

What do you think of the possibility that the Prez saw all this go down in realtime via the drone? Are you really going to defend the Prez and implicate the guy who takes orders from the Prez? After thinking about this whole thing, it's quite possible Petraeus is doing the right thing here. The Prez is also Commander in Chief and the buck stops with the Prez.

I for one hope that there is a deeper investigation into this thing and Petraeus is subpoened to testify.
edit on 10-11-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join