It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, another four years. What will you do now.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by rlrsar
Sell all stocks in my IRA, we are doomed to fall back into another deep recession. Hunker down and not buy anything for the next few months to see just how bad the economy gets.

Actually I dumped my stocks two days ago, was a good move with the 300+ drop today...I'm thinking 500 tomorrow, going to sit on my cash for a while I think.

I'm doing nothing at all. I'm upper middle class and so I'm bullet proof from Obama. I can afford 7 dollar gas, and if my living expenses double I can handle it quite well. I'm 52 so I really don't give a crap about 20 trillion that our kids will never pay off...

People might say I have a bad attitude, but then I didn't vote Obama into office...

edit on 7-11-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

First rule of gambling don't put all your chips on one number. Maybe you should diversify your IRA. You'll pay taxes for early withdrawal ( implemented before Obama) .Don't know if selling your stocks was such a great move. Remember in the Vegas market whether it's up or down someone is making money. Most of the losers today were banks and energy. The same guys who made money yesterday (2% gain) were betting on a Romney win. Which explains why banks and energy were down.

Top Percentage Gainers

THCTenet Healthcare Corp9.6%
JDSUJDS Uniphase Corp4.9%
TWXTime Warner Inc4.2%
BBYBest Buy Co Inc3.5%
HSPHospira Inc2.7%
AMTAmerican Tower Corp2.0%
NFLXNetflix Inc1.7%
PSAPublic Storage1.6%
NWSANews Corp1.6%
JNPRJuniper Networks Inc1.3%

Top Percentage Losers

BTUPeabody Energy Corp9.6%
MSMorgan Stanley8.6%
HUMHumana Inc7.9%
LNCLincoln National Corp7.8%
BACBank of America Corp7.1%
DVNDevon Energy Corp7.1%
JOYJoy Global Inc6.7%
GSGoldman Sachs Group Inc6.6%
CCitigroup Inc6.3%
APOLApollo Group Inc6.2%

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

edit on 7-11-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Continue working
Going to college

and doing the same things & following the goals I set.

Blaming the president is just an excuse for your own personal failures. You either have a good business plan or you don't.

Huh?.

Personal failure?

Is it a failure that I had a fully fleshed out plan?

Is it a failure that I was going to actually employ others?

Is it a failure that I did due diligence and stopped before I got too deep into the business and lost everything?

No.

Continuing with the plan would have led to failure.

That is why you plan.
It was a good plan but the coming economic climate will not support it. So it changes.
It is not a blind failure as four of five new start ups are because we actually did plan and got an economic analysis done by someone who does it for a living.

I made the decision not to go with it so that I can succeed, instead of failing by blindly trusting fate.

I've even got a buyer for the facility for what I paid plus the closing cost. No skin off my nose.

In the O.P. I said, "What will you do now?"

That's what I'm interested in. What people are GOING TO DO.

I am surprised that so few people actually had any difference in course of action between a Romney win or an Obama win. That speaks volumes but it would be another thread.

As far as blaming the president...not even worth arguing.
He is just the figurehead.
More than half of this country put him in office.
For what is about to happen to this country, they can claim all of the blame.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Apologies if this was posted previously but I don't have the patience to read through 4 pages of replies. Romney won the popular vote, he received the majority of votes yet the electoral college voted Obama in. Our system is in dire need of a serious overhaul, it's a JOKE!!! For the first time in my life I agree with Trump....we need a revolution in this country & we need it NOW!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

No need to defend yourself against those who are completely ignorant of any sort of reality.
Those who live in the abstract and parrot inane, tired ideology are beneath you.
When the full consequences of re-electing this buffoon continue to pull this nation apart, they will find a way to blame it on productive, personally responsible people such a yourself. It's what they do. In the meantime, good luck. We'll all need it.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I wouldn't be doing anything different whether it was Obama, Romney, or Ron Paul.

I'm still going to be stocking up on non-perishable food, water, seeds, ammo, and keep a stash of money...just in case SHTF

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreebirdGirl

First rule of gambling don't put all your chips on one number. Maybe you should diversify your IRA. You'll pay taxes for early withdrawal ( implemented before Obama) .Don't know if selling your stocks was such a great move. Remember in the Vegas market whether it's up or down someone is making money. Most of the losers today were banks and energy. The same guys who made money yesterday (2% gain) were betting on a Romney win. Which explains why banks and energy were down.

I didn't pull my 401k just my investments...I'm not sure were to invest now and will take a little time to see.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Sit back and enjoy looking out your window on the masses as they DISCOVER the error of there wishes.. Let them figure it out for themselves. I will be smiling as I watch them panic and find that OMG they are the ones who are really hurting.. there welfare has run out and Hospials have all closed or they no longer take OBAMA care.. LOL

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
OK.
Obama wins and America gets what it voted for.
What will you do now?

I'm looking at a folder of papers with a five year business plan sitting in it.
It's pretty much useless now. I won't be able to afford even one employee.
I can keep my job and maybe work the business as a side job but it would be nearly impossible in the evenings and on the weekends by myself.

Being an employee sucks but it's better than being totally broke.

I guess I can start a different kind of business but I don't know what it would be.

At least I have a good paying job. It's safe because my employer won't be hiring anybody else now. Lots of overtime instead of adding employees.

Four more years......
edit on 7-11-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

You can still do it. I started my business in very late 2008 when everything sucked big time. Everyone thought I was crazy, I even thought that at times. You can get financing, sometimes you have to be creative. I know a friend who begged 25 friends (I was one) and family members to get his biz up and running. We each ponied up between $1,000 and $2,500 and he made it work.

Would it have been better for you to start your biz under a Romney administration, probably. It really doesn't matter who is in power if you have a good biz idea and the drive to make it happen.

Each year I've doubled my sales and profits as I have grew. You can't late others keep you down. It's up to you to make it happen, regardless of the politics of the nation.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Fix another drink ... tend to my gardens ... go fishing .... stay far from westerners and hope they dont decide to invade here .... maybe will get lucky and the entire corrupt house of cards over there will finally collapse and we wont have to worry any longer over being invaded by the americans .... not to mention would be great to see the american occupation of japan finally end and all the americans go back - and stay in america where they belong....

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Not that I blame you, but are the Chinese that much better?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

You can ask Obama Clause to give you a handout. Maybe get on welfare. Oh, wait I know, become gay and get married to a rich liberal white politician and all of your dreams will come true.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
well i'm getting drunk hopefully die of alcahol poisoning before the new world order is in full swing

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I'm not sure why you can no longer afford an employee..... you only have to offer health insurance if you have at least 50 employees! Taxes? Hey, we are in a huge debt crisis. We have to raise taxes, period. There is no way to cut enough out to pay our bills.... bills we have from borrowing. Borrowing money for stuff like..... starting two wars while cutting taxes? And borrowing means paying back with interest. Did our debt increase a lot? Yes it did. That's the cost of trying to dig out of (I never understood this phrase.... unless you dig a ramp out, digging usually only gets you in deeper!) a deep hole that was being created over a number of years prior to Obama being elected the first time. Has he spent the money well? Well... actually..... its Congress that spends the money and makes the budget. The President only signs bills into law, not create them. So yes, your taxes will go up. But hiring an employee? One? Unless you already have 49, don't worry about it! Use your business plan and help get yourself into better shape as well as the money you spread around by doing better yourself!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
OK.
Obama wins and America gets what it voted for.
What will you do now?

Same things I would have done if Romney had been elected..

Try to maintain a vegetable garden, a relatively clean internet identity, a humble savings account, and a viable escape route

As for employment, I'm a self-employed musician and music instructor.. I encourage everybody to be their own boss if at all possible, even if it means switching fields. But I'd encourage that no matter who was president
edit on 8-11-2012 by bacci0909 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

It's kind of like trying to explain sex to a virgin really.

In my businesses, I start with a general long term plan, 5 years. Then I make yearly plans that are a bit more specific, and work toward the five year plan. Then monthly, then weekly, then daily. They are not set in concrete at all though, you have to adapt! Adapt or die is nature, even for a business. It also depends what kind of business it is on how fluid it has to be. An internet business plan is way different than say my flooring business.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I will do the very same thing that I have pretty much always done and continue to struggle throughout life while lying to my children telling them that being poor doesn't hold you back and wishing that lie were true.

I'll stay on my 7 year old son and make damn sure that he continues to be at the top of his class and at least be proud of him for showing them that just because you happen to be unfortunate enough to be poor that doesn't mean you're an idiot.

I will continue my education while hating humanity because of all of the new vehicles I see on my college campus being driven by people who don't care as much as I do, don't work as hard as I do, and don't earn the kinds of grades that I do, and don't have to worry about money as I do.

I will hope that being 25 now with no "official" work experience because of deciding to earn slightly more than minimum wage working for myself doesn't cripple my chance of getting a job after completing my education and obtaining my degree in product development engineering. But in all reality it probably will because "experience" is just as important as that little piece of paper and no matter who the president was, is, or will be, the government does not make jobs. The people who do make jobs have gotten too greedy and want to move them all overseas because our government is too afraid to buckle down on them and make it pointless for an American citizen to cheat the system and claim citizenship while running a business in another country.

I will continue to be very disappointed in my fellow Americans because they think that our Democrats and Republicans care about us and want to do something other than fill their own pockets and many of those fellow citizens continue to insult and blame people like me because their guy didn't win because we opened our eyes and voted for the candidate we felt cared more about fixing the problems rather than stuffing his/her pocket with lobbyists dollars.

I will continue to hopelessly tell people to open their eyes and think for themselves rather than believe what they are told.

I will continue to tell people to stop fighting with each other so that we can fight the system together.

I will continue to ask myself why I do so when they have shown time and time again that they are too far gone to listen.

I will continue to understand that the last election didn't matter, it was either Obama or Romney, same kind of guy, slightly different lies. I'll be just as surprised if Obama "saves our nation" as I would have been if Romney did and I will be the first to admit that he did a good job if he does so, just as I would have done if Romney would have done so.

I'll sit back and hope that in 12 years from now, when my oldest son can vote, things will be a lot different in this country and people across the board will have finally opened their eyes.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaxnmarko
I'm not sure why you can no longer afford an employee..... you only have to offer health insurance if you have at least 50 employees!

I won't run a business where nobody is protected by at least basic insurance. They will end up having to fork it over themselves soon (because of impending legislation) and I don't have the ability to set salaries that high.

My new quote for health insurance was already exorbitant but the new rates next year will be up by about 1/3 according to the broker.

The Obama care bill was 2000+ pages of taxes and fees. Most of the results are still unknown but none look good. Along with the present set of questions about taxes for businesses, the recommendation was not to pull the trigger.

The numbers won't work.

As a single owner I can buy my own insurance separately and be fine.
Adding the first employee eats up almost half of my projected gross for the first year.
Not for salary. For everything else.
It's insane how much it costs.
Throw in the cost of insurance increases and taxes on insurances.
No go.

By the way, you mentioned the budget. The house has passed a budget every year. The senate has refused to bring it to the floor for a vote. (pocket veto) Obama has Harry Reid as his gatekeeper.

Obama has sidestepped this issue instead of dealing with it. Don't say it's not his job. It is his job. Meanwhile he has signed 140? 150? executive orders??
He's basically sidestepping the legislative process altogether and throwing whatever he wants in with a pen.
What are we going to do next?

Four more years of the same and worse.

Can you trust a government that hasn't passed a budget in FOUR YEARS to be reliable with the tax and Obama care laws?? Not if you are a business that's just starting up on slim margins.

The thieves aren't just in charge of the bank vault now. They own the printing press.
edit on 8-11-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
It would be better in my humble opinion for Americans to actually help the bloke instead of making it impossible.

He has sacrificed his personal life for a nation, always in the spot light and started the job with an uphill struggle which was started with Bush, wars were already happening and the # had already hit the fan. If people actually tried istaed of giving him crap all the time you may actually be suprised.
Im British and to be honest Obama seems to me to genuinely want whats right and i am not talking just about the US.
This man is something different from the rest, and i would say cut him some slack.

As for the BUSH era remember HAITI? Start the video Here at 6mins 33seconds. And watch the expression, it says it all.
Now tell me Obama would have even dared say the same?
edit on 8-11-2012 by jazz10 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join